Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"I Can Handle It."

My mom sat on the couch with me laying my head in her lap, her fingers brushing through my hair as I quietly cried.

"He'll be okay, Sora," she reassured. "He's a lot stronger than any of us. He can handle himself."

"You haven't seen those things that are hunting him down, Mom," I replied. "They look like people, but then they turn into these wolf looking things. Fang didn't leave unscathed after that fight and the way they left so quickly when Iggy said they were coming... They must have been upgraded or something."

Mom pat my arm, "There's six of them right? I mean, five others like Fang?"

I nodded.

"Then he'll be fine along with the rest of his family."

I sniffled and let out a very shaky breath, "I miss him, Mom."

I sensed the smile on my mom's face along with her eyes, "I'm sure he misses you, too, sweetie. He really grew attached to you before he left, you know."

I didn't respond, but I inwardly didn't believe her.

"He'll come back again, Sora. He's a nice boy."

"But what if it isn't for another year or more? I don't think I can handle longer without him..."

When I said those words, I meant them in a friendly manner, but the way my mom giggled at it made me realize she took it in a different way.

"That's not what I mean, Mom."

"There's always a little truth in every statement."

I rolled my eyes and sat up straight to stretch out my sore muscles. "I didn't mean it that way." I got up and grabbed my homework from the table to bring it to my room.

"You love him, don't you?" It sounded more like a statement, but I heard the question in her voice.

I looked at her, "I'm going to finish my homework."

With that, I left her alone and shut myself away in my room where I cried silent tears on my homework. Later I fell asleep on the tear stained pages of my school books and when my mom checked in on me, she sadly smiled and covered my body with my bed cover.

"He loves you, too," she whispered before she left me in my dreams; her words echoing in them.

Image


The next morning, I woke up for school and I stared at my unfinished homework.

"Crap..." I frowned, sitting up and rubbing my eyes covered with dried tears. "Ugh, gross."

I immediately got myself ready for school, earning a sad look from my mom every time I passed by her, and suppressing the urge to scream into the sky what ever came out of my mouth. I eventually left the house and walked to my bus stop silently, fiddling with the pages of the book I had to use to finish my homework.

On the bus ride I managed to finish my homework although it wasn't to my best ability and throughout the day, I remained silent except to answer questions. One of my teachers actually asked if I needed to go to the nurse, but I declined knowing the nurse wouldn't be able to do anything. I probably could have used the counselor though.

As I walked from my bus stop after school, I decided to go to the park instead. I looked down at the ground as I walked and I almost ran into someone who was jogging along. I mumbled a sorry and kept walking to the park.

The park was pretty empty once I got there and I sighed in relief. I didn't want to be around a lot of people. I was afraid I was going to snap any minute and I didn't want anyone to have to see that.

I sat on a swing and lightly pushed on the ground to slowly swing me back and fourth, my head in my hands.

"This is ridiculous. I need to pull myself together," I told myself. "I can handle him not being here. I managed a year without him fine. I can manage again and even longer."

I sat up straight and glared at the sky, "You can come back whenever you want, Fang, but don't be surprised if things have changed."

With that, I ran all the way home, not once looking at the sky or thinking about the dark haired boy who made my life more complicated than it had to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I managed to pull out another chapter that isn't very good, but hey, I wanted to see if I could do it. That probably means though that this next chapter will be the end. I hate to make it the end, but I sorta have to end it at some point and I'm hitting writer's block. I MIGHT get maybe two chapters out, but we'll see. Don't be surprised if another chapter comes out tonight. :) I hope you enjoyed and comment!