Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"It's Finally Over..."

Before I knew it, Halloween came and went and then Thanksgiving soon followed. Christmas sped by and finally the new year began. Not once did Fang show up again and hardly ever did I really think about him. I had my moments, but other than that, he was a fading memory.

Honestly, I didn't want him to be that, but it was the easiest way for me to basically get over him. I still refused to admit that I was completely head over heels for him, but somewhere in the back of my mind I knew the truth. It was the one part of me that seemed to keep holding on to what I wanted to push away.

My looks hadn't changed much. My hair was a little longer and I wore it up more, but other than that, I was the same Sora I was two years before I met Fang. I was actually a little afraid of totally changing myself. I liked who I was and it wasn't so easy to be someone I wasn't, so I decided to just stay me.

I just wanted everything between me and Fang to change.

Image


I sat in my bedroom doing my homework when my mom called out to me.

"What?" I called back.

"Fang is on t.v.!"

My insides flipped and fluttered, but I purposely took my slow sweet time getting out into the living room where my mom had the t.v. cranked.

"Why are they on t.v.? Last time I checked they didn't want to be found," I informed my mom.

"Apparently they got that institute that took all the kids exposed and now they're being called heroes!"

My eyes shifted toward the screen as I watched who I assumed was the flock stare wide-eyed at the cameras in their faces.

"Six kids, each part human and avian, have finally ended the experiments of the Institute of Higher Living for good. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel are the heroes of many kids all around the world who were forced away from their homes and into cages where they were put through tests that eventually changed them," the newscaster said to the camera.

"Those poor kids..." my mom trailed off, tears in her eyes.

A picture of a girl, a member of the flock, came on the screen and her name appeared at the bottom of the screen.

"Max," I said quietly, looking at her calculating.

"Uh, a lot of us were tested on when we were babies, but, um, not all of us turned out healthy. A lot of kids didn't last long."

The camera switched to another flock member, but I zoned out.

Does this mean...? No... That wouldn't happen... I thought sadly.

"Oh look! It's Fang!" my mom exclaimed, grabbing my attention. "He looks so much older! Wow!"

He did look older, like he'd seen a lot for his age, which was exactly the case. His hair was even slightly longer and still in the ponytail he had the last time I saw him.

The newscaster asked him a question and he responded carefully, but whatever he said went in one ear and out the other because I was too busy staring at him.

"None have told us where they're going next, but each of our heroes are confident they have a place to go."

The newscaster signed off and my mom turned the volume down, looking at me curiously.

"Do you think...?" she asked me.

I shrugged, "Who knows. He's Fang and still has the flock as his family. I'm not sure he'll come back."

My mom looked at me sadly, but I simply waved it off and went back to my room where I did the rest of my homework, not taking the time to hope for his return. I was done exhausting myself from hoping I'd get to see him one last time, at least.

"He won't come back..." I mumbled to myself as I immersed myself in my math homework. "Not this time..."
♠ ♠ ♠
No, the title does NOT mean it's over. I am going to write one last chapter, but I want to apologize if this chapter is really bad. A lot of this wasn't in the first writing of the story, so I've literally been pulling it out of the air. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and will comment! I've loved all the comments so far!

P.S. I am absolutely positive they would NEVER go on to t.v. because Max is super paranoid about that and Fang would probably be on her side. The younger ones would probably be really excited about it, but anyway, that was a little OOC (?), but at least there's one more chapter left.