I Wouldn't Mind

Deux

“Annie.” I looked up from my notebook to see Nick standing beside me notebooks in his hands. “Can I join you?” I looked around the library to see all tables full except mine, Girls were shooting me hateful glares.

“Sure.” He smiled and sat down across from me starting his own homework. I was currently working on my English Essay on The Lovely Bones while Nick was doing math.

“So..” I looked up as Nick started talking. “I know we don’t talk that often but when we do I can’t help but feel like theirs something…”

“Annie.” I looked up to see Connor his face was scared. “Have you seen Rose?” I shook my head. “I can’t find her and we… We were ment to meet to study tonight.” I stood up and picked up all my belongings much like Nick was doing. “Did I interrupt something?” Connor asked Nick, I looked up to see him smirking but ignored it before placing everything in my backpack.

“No, Nothing at all.” Nick replied, I looked up to see him looking at me, With a small blush I looked to the door before quickly making my way to it. The three of us searched for an hour before we found Rose sitting under a Willow tree at the far end of the school, Her knees we’re tucked up to her chest while her head was buried into her knees, Nick and Connor both ran up to her while I stayed back.

“Don’t touch me.” She yelled, I looked at Nick who moved back while Connor tried to comfort her. “You don’t know, She might die none of you know.” She yelled, I stepped forward.

“I know.” I tried her, She looked up to me with tear filled eyes. “That’s why I’m here, My mother died.” I knew I was telling Nick and Connor new information. “But your mother won’t die, You won’t let her, just like my mothers never going to be completely dead.” She nodded her head. “I’ll always be here for you.” She then fell into Connors arms as he looked at me, I nodded my head before turning and walking away. I felt the tears as I walked away Nick catching my hand and pulling me to him.

“That was so brave.” He whispered. “So very brave.” He lent his head on mine, Our height different becoming apparent. “Why don’t you and your father get along?” I looked up to Nick’s deep brown eyes.

“He wants me to dance again, I can’t dance until I have a new reason to.” Nick smiled and rand a hand on my cheek.

“Maybe I can be that reason?” I nodded my head slightly. “Tomorrow, My family and I we’re going to see a play on Broadway, We have an extra ticket, Mom said I could bring someone…” He blushed. “Maybe you’d like to come.”

“I’d like to yes.” I blushed myself. He smiled down at me before rubbing my cheek again.

“Great, It’s pretty fancy, I’m wearing a suit just to let you know.” He smiled, I let out a small laugh. “What are you laughing at?” He laughed himself.

“I’m not sure.” I blushed, Nick laughed and hugged me tighter.

“Come on I’ll take you home.” I looked to the tree only to see Connor and Rose in a serious conversation. He grabbed my hand and walked me to his car, Opening the door for me before closing it once I was securely inside. “So the show is starting at 8:00pm and we’ll be staying the night in New York.” I nodded my head. “I’ll sleep on the couch and you can have my bed.”

“No, Nick I’ll have the couch.” He shook his head at me. “I’m not going to win am I?”

“Not a chance.” He smirked.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waved to Nick as he drove off before walking into the house. When I entered I saw Ellie standing their trying to do a pirouette. I smiled before walking over to her. “Ellie, Hold your arms out straighter.” She looked up to me.

“Can you show me?” I looked around before nodding, I stood up and quickly did a pirouette. Ellie smiled before trying it again finally getting it. “Thank you.” She screamed before hugging me. “Mommy.” She called out. Karen ran into the room worried for Ellie. “Look.” Was all she said before she did a near perfect pirouette.

“Wow, Elle that was beautiful.” She beamed picking her up. “Who showed you that?” Ellie pointed to me quickly before smiling again. “Thank you Annie, She’s been trying to perfect it for months.” I nodded my head.

“Karen, Tomorrow Nick asked me to join uh.” She smiled as soon as I said Nick. “He asked me to join his family tomorrow night in New York to see a play.” She smiled again. “Their staying the night and I was wondering if I could have your permission to go.” She sniffed coming over to me and hugging me.

“Of course, Do you need money or help with anything?” She asked as she pulled back from me.

“Maybe help getting ready and choosing something to wear.” She nodded her head.

“Tomorrow we’ll have a girls day.” She looked down at Ellie. “You like the sound of that?” She questioned the two of us. I nodded my head with Ellie before Karen put Ellie down to continue to dance. “So tell me when you and Nick started dating.” I blushed as she spook.

“We’re not dating.” I mumbled. “but I think I ‘like him, I’m not sure.” Karen stroked my hair.

“Don’t worry honey, Nick’s a good boy.” She laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised Karen and Ellie spent the day with me helping me pack and get ready, Karen making me look immaculate before dressing me in a white dress. When I was done I was hyperventilating. She smiled and left me be for a minute as Connor walked into my room. He sat down beside me and smiled.

“I’m sorry.” He started. “I’m sorry I was so horrible to you, I shouldn’t have been. It’s just no-one tells me anything.” He pulled me into a hug. “You make so many people happy! Thank you for that.” He kissed my forehead. “Welcome to the family baby sis.” I laughed trying to keep the tears out of my eyes as Connor left me with one last smile. My eyes widened as the doorbell rung, Connor saying he’d get it. I listened at my door to what he was saying to Nick. “Don’t take advantage of her, Don’t leave her alone, Don’t be mean to her, Don’t be..”

“Whoa, Someone steeped onto the brother bus.” He laughed before becoming serious. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to.” He finished, I picked up my small case and clutch before walking down the steps, My heels clicking. I smiled as I saw Nick in his suit top buttons undone. “Wow.” He mumbled. Connor looked at him and rolled his eyes.

“I’m over dressed.” Was the first thing I said to him, he shook his head and smiled before taking my case. I turned to Connor and smiled. He pulled me into a tight hug.

“You have my number, Call me if you need me! I don’t care what time.” I nodded my head before turning to Nick. He smiled and held his hand out for me to grab. I took it before waving to Connor one last time as the door shut.

“You look amazing.” He smiled opening the door to his family’s car for me, I slid in before him ending up in the middle of a boy with curly brown hair, Not much older than Nick. Nick slid in beside me his hand resting on my knee. “Annie this is Joe.” He pointed to the boy beside me who smiled brightly at me. “This is Kevin, His wife Danielle and Frankie.” He pointed to the three in the back. “And my parents Denise and Paul.” The couple in the front turned to me and smiled. “Everyone this is Annie.”

“Nice to meet you all.” Joe laughed and wrapped an arm around my neck.

“Nice to meet you two, We’ve heard all about you.” He smirked at Nick causing the whole car to laugh. Nick looked at me and mouthed Sorry I shrugged before we started the journey to New York city. As we drove Nick’s hand caressed my skin. Where his fingers touched goose bumps appeared, He seemed to find this amusing and continued to do this the whole trip. T
♠ ♠ ♠
Favorite Line? Four Comments