Ornate Designs

five

“Hey, Dom...?” Ari asked as she slipped her shoes on at the door, getting ready to leave.

I nodded, wanting her to continue.

“I know it’s your ‘day off’ and all... but Oren and I—” Ari was cut off by Oren who was standing outside of the screen door.

“Not Oren and I,” He paused and moved so he could see me, “Ari wants to know if you’ll take her into town. I’ll come, of course, but she wanted to know.” Ari rolled her eyes.

“Why do you want to go into town?” I asked, “You hate humans.”

“I like you Dom. You’re human. And I wanted to go, uh, shopping.”

I’m sure my eyes bulged.

“Don’t look so surprised. I’m a girl. Girls like shopping?” Ari stated this in a questioning tone.

“You’re a female elf that lives in a village where the elders make your clothing, Ari. Girls go shopping because they don’t have elders to make clothes.”

“Stop arguing. I’ve already asked our mother, she wants us to go. Just take us, please?” Ari said, her arms crossed.

“I’m not arguing.” I stated, and then nodded. “I’ll meet you at the West Gate in ten minutes.”

--

Ari and Oren were at the gate long before me, I knew this because Oren stood with his arms crossed, his eyebrows raised, and a statement on his tongue. “You’re eight minutes late. We were six minutes early.”

“Sorry.” I mumbled and pulled the huge wrought iron gate open. I stood in front of it, and waved my hand to the side. Ari smiled.

“Thank-you , good sir.” She said, and waltzed through the gate, making her way down the path.

“Indeed, thank-you.” Oren said. He followed Ari without waltzing.

I walked alongside the twins, listening to their conversations. Listening, but not understanding. Although I had been the twins’ Guardian for about three years now, I could not understand a word of their language. I always think it's odd because when they speak English, you can’t hear any accent.

“Dom?” Ari asked as we reached the main road. “I think we should buy you some... people clothes.”

“Oh?” I said, kicking a stone as I walked. “I have clothes. I don’t really need any more.”

“Clothes...” Ari paused and pulled at my sleeve. “Made by elves.” I shrugged and said no more. “No worries,” she said and smiled, “I know what looks good on boys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:} Teehee. Ari's a quack. I'm liking her character.

*All elves are bisexual. Kind of. They really don't prefer one gender over the other.*

Pot Kettle Black - Tilly and the Wall