Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Life Eternal

Euronymous went home to see how Dead and Benedikte were fairing. It was getting later in the year and they needed to talk.

He walked into the house and it seemed empty.

He went to Per’s room figuring they might still be sleeping. He knocked on the door and there was no answer. He tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. He decided to call Necrobutcher.

“Hey Jørn, have you seen Per today?” Euronymous asked into the receiver.

“No,” said Jørn.

“Oh okay, he must be ‘hanging’ in his room.” Euronymous said smirking.

“Don’t even joke about that anymore. It’s not funny and…”

“Goodbye Jørn,” said Euronymous cutting him short.

Euronymous went to the shed that was behind the house and beneath Dead’s window. He climbed onto the sheds roof and slipped into the room. He looked to Per’s bed and saw him slumped over with a shotgun wound to his head.

At first he was unsure what to do; he looked around the room frantically. Euronymous ran from the house to a local store and bought a disposable camera.

When he got back home he rearranged some things and started taking pictures. He then called Hellhammer.

When Hellhammer got there Euronymous told him everything and showed him the body.

“Hey Jan I took some brain fragments and some brain. I decided to make a stew with the brain. I wanted to know what it is like to be a cannibal. When I’m done would you like to try some?”

Jan’s face went white and he answered, “no that’s okay.” As he tried to stop from throwing up there was a knock on the door.

He opened the door and saw Benedikte and Kirsten standing there.

“Why are you two here? What happened something’s wrong I know it.” Benedikte said hysterically.

“Calm down Benedikte we need to step outside for a minute.” Jan said.

“No I wanna see Pelle, that’s why I’m here. I know something has happened please.” She pleaded with misty eyes.

“Listen to me. Euronymous found Pelle dead.” He said.

Before Benedikte could run back into the house he grabbed her arm.

“I need to let you know that pictures were taken. I also think that Euronymous took some of his brain for a stew. I’m telling you because I feel you should know.”

“I d-d-don’t care Jan. I d-d-deserve to know w-w-what happened and r-r-right now I just need to see him please.” She looked at him with pained and watery eyes.

He let go of her and let her run up to the room. She slowly opened the door to reveal the site of his limp frame. He was slumped over his bed his legs akimbo with his brain spilling from his shattered skull. The bed was soaked with blood and there were visible cuts on his wrists. He had on his ‘I love Transylvania’ shirt on and two notes.

Benedikte fell to her knees, her head in her hands, and started sobbing and shaking.

“How could I let this happen?” Benedikte said to no one in particular.

“I knew he was acting strangely lately. How could I not have seen this coming? I shouldn’t have left him alone. It’s all my fault.” Jan put a hand on her shoulder.

“Benedikte please don’t say that. It was inevitable there was nothing you could’ve done. I’ll leave you to say goodbye in peace.” He kissed the top of her head and walked out of the room.

Benedikte stood slowly and moved in closer to say her last words.

“Pelle I loved you more than life itself. I imagined us growing old and starting a family. It’s not gonna happen now but I want you to know I still and always will love you. I will never forget the time we spent together and all the good memories we shared. I hope with death you found peace.” She again stood up slowly and moved closer to his lifeless body.

She got to her knees and overlaid her one hand on his. With her other hand she touched the cuts on his arm. She continued as blood stained her hands.

“You were never meant for this world. I know you knew that fact. I love you Per and I hope to see you again in the afterlife.” She bent over to kiss his cheek one last time.

“Godnatt min kärlek. Jag kommer aldrig glömma dig och jag kommer alltid att älska dig*.” She said.

She grabbed the letters and walked out to tell Jan it was time to call the police.

***


As they waited for the authorities she took the first letter out of her pocket and opened it so they could all read it.

The famous line excuse the blood, but I have cut up my wrists and neck. The idea was that I would die in the woods so it would take a few days before I could possibly be found. I belong in the woods and have always been. The reason for this I do not know. To give someone a reasonable explanation, I am not a man, this is just a dream and soon I will wake up. It was too cold and my blood clots all the time plus the new blade is too dull. If I fail to die by the knife I will blow the crap out of my skull. So I do not know. I left all my lyrics in “Let the good times roll”- plus the rest of the money. Those who find them can keep them. As a last greeting I give permission to present “Life Eternal”. Do what you want with the crap

-Pelle

P.S. I did not come to this now, but seventeen years ago.


Benedikte kept the other note in her pocket. It was addressed to her and she would read it later.

She yelled and yelled at Euronymous for what he did. In the end she thought to herself that he just didn’t know what to do. You know seeing his friend dead and all. She was still a little upset but she knew she could get over it.

“Benedikte would you and Kirsten like to stay with me tonight.” Jan asked.

“Sure, I know Kirsten will appreciate it too. Let me go ask her.” She said glumly.

It was not gonna be a fun night. Jan knew it would take Benedikte some time to bounce back.

They made it to his apartment and Kirsten let Benedikte have the extra room. Kirsten was concerned for her and wanted this day to be over.

Benedikte sat in the room and took out the letter addressed to her.

Dear Benedikte,
I’m sorry I had to leave you. I know you’re wondering why I killed myself. I feel that I’m unstable and would be unable to take care of you. I feel that way because I have many issues that would cause my mental state to worsen. I still could not stop thinking about death, dying, and returning to my near death experience. I’m sorry to leave you this way. I love you more than anything. You made me so happy by being the best thing that ever happened to me. I loved you from the moment when we laid in bed together the first time. It was also the first time I slept without having any nightmares. Please don’t be sad or mad at me. I love you more than anything and I believe by dying you can have a better life. Once more I love you and I know you’ll never forget me.

P.S. Trust Hellhammer, he is the only person you can. Jan and I vowed to take care of you always.

Sincerely,
Per “Pelle” Yngve Ohlin


Benedikte put the letter on the nightstand with tears in her eyes. She laid down and cried herself to sleep.

During the night she would cry out and wake up violently. Each time she did she was cradled in Jan’s arms and she could see the pain on his face. He would rock her back and forth. One point in the night he held her in his arms so he could be there when she had night terrors.

She must have finally fallen asleep. When she got up it was one o’clock and Jan was no longer in the room. She walked out to find them sitting on the couch.

“Oh good you’re up. I was hoping you’d be okay.” Jan said.

“Benedikte are you okay, well considering yesterday?” Kirsten asked.

“Yeah I’ll be fine thank you Jan for taking care of me last night.”

“It was no problem can I talk to you for a moment?” He asked.

They walked to his room and he motioned for her to sit on the bed.

“Yesterday after Euronymous, well did what he did, I went back to the room. I gathered up some skull fragments and I made two necklaces. Would you like one?” He asked softly.

“Actually I would it could be one more thing to remember Pelle by.” She said.

Jan slipped the necklace on her neck.

“I also took his records, books, and drawings he made. I knew he would want you to have them.”

“Thanks Jan I’m so glad to have you still here. Pelle promised you would take care of me.”

“He did, when?” He asked.

“He left one more letter just meant for me. He said you both vowed to take care of me.”

“Oh I remember that. He told me if he wasn’t around that he wanted me to take care of you and the girls. I didn’t think he meant when he died.” Jan said dejectedly.

“Come on Jan let’s get out of here for awhile.” Benedikte said and they walked out of the room.

*Goodnight my love. I will never forget you and I will always love you (Translated from Swedish)