Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Date Night

Kirsten

I was so fucking nervous about this date. When I was with Euronymous and Varg we never went out. They never wanted to go anywhere. These past two days I had been avoiding Euronymous and Varg, so I didn’t have to tell them I was going on a date.

When the day got here I was a wreck. I had gone through fifty different outfits and hairstyles.

“Don’t worry Kirsten. He already likes you,” Benedikte said.

She had been acting more excited than I was. She was whistling Dio songs and acting like a young girl again. She was a sunny day and I was a hurricane. I was happy, nervous, excited, and a little scared at the same time.

“Yeah it’ll be great,” Alva assured me.

“Sure it will,” I said sarcastically while absentmindedly twirling my hair.

I took one last look in the mirror. I had my ripped skinny jeans, a cut up band shirt, and I borrowed Benedikte’s heels. I felt a little silly, we were only going to dinner. It wasn’t going to be fancy and I felt uncomfortable in anything else.

Finally it was time to wait in the store front for Fenriz. But with my luck both Varg and Euronymous were in the front.

“Hey why is the store locked it’s not ten o’clock yet.” Benedikte asked perplexed.

“Oh we were closed today. We had some cleaning and rearranging to do.” Euronymous explained.

“Hey Kirsten, what is up with the heels. You headed somewhere.” Varg asked slyly.

My head shot up and a blush crept up to my cheeks. Should I tell him the truth or not. I stood there looking Varg straight in the eyes. I felt like I was staring into a vortex.

“Well if you most know nosy rosy, I’m going on a date with Fenriz, he’s picking me up soon.” I said shakily.

“Good luck then,” Varg said and walked past me and out the door.

“Oh my god he is so frustrating. I want to kick him in the face.” I said.

I just stood there fuming. My hands were clenching and unclenching and I wanted to punch something. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned erratically around. I came face to face with Euronymous.

“Calm down Kirsten, I know why Varg is acting like this. He revealed to me a few days ago that he still has some feelings for you. He’s very jealous that you’ve moved on.” Euronymous explained.

“I don’t care he hurt me in more ways than one. I for one will not give him the satisfaction he gets when I lash out.” I said.

Soon after that there was a knock on the door. My stomach tied up in knots and I felt like I walked a marathon to reach the door. I pulled the door open to reveal a smiling Fenriz. He was wearing an outfit similar to mine and he held out his hand to me. I took his warm hand into mine and smiled.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

I turned to my friends in the doorway and waved a small goodbye.

Once we were in the car Fenriz turned to me, “you look really pretty tonight.”

“Thanks, you look good too. So where are we heading tonight?” I asked.

“Well that’s a surprise; I decided to change the plan once I got here. Ready.” He said.

“Yeah sure,” I said nodding.

On the ride there he asked about my family. For the first time ever I actually revealed things I never told anyone other than Benedikte. I felt comfortable around Fenriz, like I could tell him anything without fear of being judged. Maybe it was because of all the time we had already spent together or because I felt whole when we were together. We talked about our bands and the ideas we had for the next few weeks. After driving around for an hour Fenriz pulled up to the opening of a forest. It was beautiful, a canopy of trees that must have led to a clearing.

“Oh no, I forgot you wore those shoes today. It’s gonna be kind of hard to walk.” Fenriz said looking at my shoes. He had a worried look on his face.

“It’s okay,” I said reaching into my bag. “I brought some sneakers just in case. I knew at some point my feet would start killing me. Benedikte’s feet a little smaller than mine.” I explained.

“Oh good, this is one of the places I like to go to record music. Come on I’ll show you where I do that.” Fenriz said.

He took my hand and led me through the canopy of trees until we came to a clearing. There was a small log cabin nestled amongst the trees. It was a simple place but very endearing.

“Wow this is amazing did you build this house.” I asked.

“Yeah Nocturno and I thought it would be good to have a recording studio where nothing could bother us. Come on I’ll show you inside.”

We walked into a small foyer. To the left there was a small recording studio and to the right was a kitchen. When you walked through a hallway there were two more rooms to the right and left. They looked like bedrooms. Fenriz led me to the one on the right.

“This is my room that I stay in while we’re here.” Fenriz said.

It was a small room with a bed and a few old records on the wall.

“I like this room. Not too much in here but very nice and cozy.” Kirsten said looking at all the walls. “But why bring me here; it’s nice but a little strange.”

“I’m not sure I just love this house and I thought maybe I could make you dinner.”

“Oh that would be great. I am glad you showed me this. It seems very special.”

“It is that’s why I brought you. I really like you and I feel like I can tell you anything and not feel insecure. You’re very special to me and I would like to think of this as a great start to a relationship.” Fenriz told me holding onto my hands.

“I feel the same way, I told you things only Benedikte knows. I know we really haven’t had the date yet but would you like to make it official.”

“Yes, I would. Kirsten would you be my girlfriend,” Fenriz asked smiling.

“I would be delighted.” Kirsten answered and then kissed Fenriz. Her arms wrapping around him.

That night was amazing. He cooked them smoked ham, potatoes, and paired it with some wine. They talked about everything until the wee hours of the morning. They ended up falling asleep on the couch in the recording studio.

Kirsten woke up the next morning with a back ache. She was that Fenriz was still sleeping. They must have fallen asleep last night. She walked into the kitchen and started to cook something for breakfast. When Kirsten was finishing cooking Fenriz finally woke up.

“Morning, thanks for making breakfast.” Fenriz said when Kirsten noticed he had walked in.

“No problem we can just head back to the studio after. I can’t wait we’re almost finished recording.” Kirsten said.

“Yeah I know you girls are great. I can’t believe you’re not bigger.”

“I know but I never did this to be famous. All I’ve ever wanted to do was play music. I can get all my emotions out by just pounding on the drums and letting all the negativity out. This is the first time in a long time I’ve felt alive and happy.”
“Glad I could help you with that. You’ve been a real amazing person and I love how we just click. Come on let’s clean up and head back.” Fenriz said.

He gave her a small kiss and they started preparing for their last recording session.

A few weeks after their date the album was ready and released. It was a pretty good seller. The day Kirsten went to collect their half of the money she heard something she probably shouldn’t. When she reached the door to Euronymous’ office and heard him and Varg talking.

“Varg I know it was you that was sending me death threats, that’s why I sent one to you. You’re making me very angry. I’ve given all the money I can give you from the sales of the album.” Euronymous said.

“Well you know what I want out of the contract. I can’t deal with this anymore.” Varg spat back.

Euronymous started laughing. “No way, I still own you for four more albums.” Euronymous said.

After that Kirsten heard someone stomping toward the door. Kirsten backed up a little to make it look like she was just coming down. She was looking down and when she felt a presence she looked up.

“Oh hey Varg what’s up?” Kirsten said startled.

“Nothing I was just leaving.” He said and pushed past her.

She walked into the office to see Euronymous sitting down.

“Hey Euronymous I’m just here to get the money. I also heard what you and Varg were saying. I didn’t mean to hear but I did. Please Euronymous be careful with Varg, he seems a little unstable.” Kirsten said worried.

“Everything’s fine he always says things but he never follows through. I’ll be fine, I’m glad you’re worried.” Euronymous said hugging her tightly.

“You’re the only true friend I have left,” he said into her ear.

When they pulled away she looked in his eyes and said, “I wouldn’t have it any other way. I care about you and I want to see you be able to see your child grow up.” Kirsten said.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek, took her envelope of money, and walked out to give the girls their half.