The Joke's on Me

An ***ic face.

Today was a week after I’d found out about my next tour, the Monday that I would be meeting with The Blackout to start rehearsing It’s High Tide Baby. I’d eventually gotten Sean to give me Gavin’s number – because Gavin’s the only one that seems to know anything – and after finally getting hold of Gavin, who’d told me the actual day we were starting, but still found myself texting Sean every half an hour. I’m not really sure why. I guess it’s just because I miss him. I obviously miss the other guys too, but I just get on really well with Sean, so it’ll be good to see him again. I pulled up outside the recording studio that Gavin had given me directions too, I smiled as I saw Sean’s car outside. At least I know I’m in the right place!

I walked inside quickly because it’s bloody cold outside, smiling inwardly at the loud laughter and even louder voices of the younger Welsh band, following those sounds until I found them. They were sitting in a lounge room, one of the conference rooms that the studio had, around a circular table that had 8 comfy seats. I do love me a comfy seat! The first person I looked at was Sean. Wow he's got rid of that mustache. Mm he looks better. Much better.

Wait, what?

Sean was the first person to notice me in the doorway. His eyes linked with mine and an infectious grin spread across his lips, one which made my stomach do a weird flip.

Whoa, what the fuck was that?

Taking a deep breath to get rid of those ridiculous thoughts, I waved my hand and stepped into the room.

“Hey guys,” I said loudly, catching their attention.

“Alright! The old man is finally here!” Sean cheered, the others laughing as they turned to face me .

“I’m only 6 years older than you, Smith. And a fuck load better looking,” I retorted, smirking.

Although Sean has an orgasmic face.

“Shit I’ve missed you,” Gavin laughed.

I laughed too and hugged them all before sitting down. This feels good. This feels right.

“So how is this all going to work?” I asked curiously, taking off my thick coat and hanging it over the back of my chair.

“This is going to be on our new album, and its one of the only songs we haven’t recorded yet, seeing as we’ve only just come off a tour. We’re going to try to record this song over the space of a month to give us a couple of months after its release before we go on tour. I, uh, think we’re starting with Snoz laying down the drum tracks, then Bob and Matthew doing their bits, then Rhys doing his bass parts and finally vocals. Sean and I have pretty much figured out who’s singing what, but obviously bits and pieces might change depending on what it sounds likes,” Gavin explained cheerfully.

Well at least they know what they’re doing! If this goes as well as it sounds it will, then tour’s going to be fucking amazing!

“So I’ve got a while to learn it then,” I mused.

“Yeah, plenty of time. Gav and I will help you with the melodies and shit though, so don’t worry man,” Sean grinned.

I just nodded, smiling at them. I’m glad they asked me to sing with them on this song. It’ll be an awesome experience for one, but the fans of both bands will love it. I’m hoping so anyway!

“Is there anything else you want to know at the moment?” Gavin asked me.

“Nah, I’m sure I’ll think of stuff along the way,” I chuckled.

“Hah, alright then! What you’ll be singing what’s written in green. In the chorus I’ll be harmonising with you, but you don’t have to worry about that for now. I’ll be singing the blue lines, and Sean will be singing the pink,” Gavin told me.

“Pink? Nice choice,” I teased, winking at Sean as the lyric sheet was handed to me.

Gavin, Bob, Matthew, Rhys and Snoz all laughed as Sean blushed deeply, only making me laugh as well. He looks good when he blushes.

“At the beginning there’s a 16 bar introduction, and there’s also a short break before Gav sings the line ‘Sing for me’,” Sean explained, not looking me in the eyes.

“We’ll run through the whole thing first, and then if you join in with your lines the second time? It’ll give you a chance to hear what you have to do. Feel free to tweak it slightly though,” Gavin smiled.

“Sounds good to me!” I said cheerfully, leaning back in my chair.

Is this worth fighting for
You're worth fighting for
As I face the crowd and take a bow
This time its up to you
Time is up for me
Cause I've been biting my tongue for far too long
I know that I'm too blame
Burst into flames
you're beautiful
You're worth fighting for
I'm worth fighting for
don't say goodbye

Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime
Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime

Is this worth fighting for
Are you worth fighting for
As I face the crowd and take a bow
This time its up to you
Time is up for me
Cause I've been biting my tongue for far too long
I know that I'm too blame
Burst into flames
you're beautiful
You're worth fighting for
We're worth fighting for
Say goodbye

Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime
Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime

Sing for me
Sing for me
Sing for me

Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime
Woah ohh
Woah ohh
I apologize for the summertime

I'll never forget you
This is my only choice
You'll never forgive me
I'd die and wait for you

*

We’d been rehearsing for roughly 3 hours now, but seeing as this was the first day of rehearsal with me they’d decided to call it to a close. Recording vocals would start in a couple of weeks time, so there was plenty of time for me to learn it!

“Hey, Ian!”

I turned around at the sound of Sean’s voice, smiling at the blonde man jogging towards me. His cheeks were slightly flushed, giving him an adorable pink glow. Wait, what the fuck? Why am I getting all these weird thoughts about Sean? It’s only Sean!

“You left your wallet,” Sean announced, holding out the leather object.

Aw shit. Nice one Watkins.

“Shit, thanks!” I laughed.

Our fingers brushed as I took the wallet from him, and while my skin tingled with warmth I heard Sean inhale sharply. Huh. Strange.

“N-No problem. I figured you’d probably need it,” Sean rambled, shoving his hands in his jeans pockets.

And now he acts awkward. Even weirder.

“Well I appreciate that, Sean. Thanks for today, by the way. I’ve had a lot of fun already,” I said warmly, smiling at the 6ft guy in front of me.

“I’m glad you agreed to sing this with us. I knew…we all knew your voice would be perfect for the song,” Sean grinned.

I blushed slightly at the compliment and ducked my head a little to hide my coloured cheeks, meaning I missed Sean blushing deeply at what he said.

“Shit Sean, any more compliments today and I’d think you were flirting with me or something,” I laughed to break the blushing tension.

“Hah, you wish Watkins,” Sean chuckled.

I decided to ignore the odd glint in his eyes as he said that because I do wish it. Fuck, I need to get my head sorted. This is just fucking weird.

“Well I’ve gotta go – see you in a few days,” I said with a small smile.

“Text me if you need any help,” Sean nodded.

I gave him a quick man hug and walked over to my car, ignoring the thought in my head that said I wanted to elongate that hug. What the fuck is wrong with me? Sean’s a friend. Sure, an extremely mouthwateringly attractive friend, but there are boundaries and I can’t cross them. As much as I want to cross them, I can’t. With a quiet groan, I got into my car and started the engine. As I drove away, I smiled and waved to Sean, who was still standing outside. I’ve got to figure out these odd thoughts in my head, before I do something stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s High Tide Baby
I literally watched the video verse by verse and wrote down who sang what. Took me ages!

So Ian's having...thoughts about Sean, and he doesn't know what to make of them...
The next month of recording will be interesting then, huh?
We're getting there with this story, I think. The feelings are starting to show both sides, so it's only a matter of time before they start ripping each others' clothes off, right?
Let's hope so!

I've finally found somewhere to live for my last year of Uni...so happy! Seriously, the stress was making me mad!

Please please please give us your feedback! Only 14 comments with 45 subscribers?
Ian only does dirty things with Sean when there are comments ;)

xo