The Dating Rules of a Record Label

Rule Number Five

"Where are you taking me?" I ask and pull my sunglasses down a bit to reveal an almost empty street.

"It's a surprise," Dougie says playing with the radio dials as he drives- sorry- speeds down the road, "put your sunglasses back on. The cameras almost caught you when we were at a stop sign."

"But they didn't though." I smile and put my glasses back on. Dougie smiles back at me and takes my right hand to briefly kiss it.

"I'm not allowed to take you out on dates because of those stupid rules. But we've been together since September and not once have I taken you out on a date."

"But Dougie we did go out on dates. Remember the skate park, and the docks, and that bar-slash-dance club?" I count with my fingers.

"That was before we were in a relationship though."

"So it doesn't count?"

"No Kaya it definitely counts. But I really want to take you out. I don't care if the rules say no going out on dates."

I watch him while he drives. He's so casual with one arm resting on the open window and the other on the wheel. Soft indie music is playing and he looks so peaceful.

"You really want to take me out huh?" I grin.

"Yeah." Dougie smiles and looks at me.

"So where are you taking me then?" I ask.

"Here," Dougie pulls into a small parking place belonging to a little cafe.

"Yummy- tea and scones!" I smile as we park.

"And coffee. I know you love coffee." Dougie grins.

"Is it open?" I ask as Dougie quickly kisses me. Then we get out of the car.

"No it's closed," He grabs my hand...out in public I may add; "my uncle knows about us and closed it down just for us."

"We get a whole cafe to ourselves? Sweet!" I love this whole hand holding thing out in public.

Dougie laughs and opens the door for me. Warm tea and coffee scents greets me and I soon realize that I'm starving.

"Good Lord, Douglas. You drive a girl two hours north of London to a tiny cafe just for a date?" I hear a man chuckle. He comes out of a back room obviously baking because there's flour on his nose.

"It's hard to go out." Dougie smiles, "Kaya, this is Uncle George. Uncle George, this is Kaya." Dougie lets go of my hand so I can shake George's hand.

"Wow! You're worth two hours Kaya! Dougie you found yourself a keeper here!" He bellows.

And I'm blushing. I always get nervous around Dougie's family. Except Jazzie.

"You two just get comfortable and I'll get you some tea and then I'll leave you alone. Just help yourself to the pastries over there." He points to the counter and we see a tower of sweets.

Pastries. Yum...

I hope I don't lick my lips without realizing it.

Once I pile my small plate with scones and lemon bars, Dougie jumps into the conversation about our relationship. He's been talking about it a lot lately.

"I wish we could go public. Sneaking around is fun. But I hate rules." He sighs and drinks his coffee.

"I hate rules too," I put a scone down on my plate, "It's like it's not even our relationship. It's the labels. It's no one's business except ours." I smile at him, "I'm sometimes half-tempted to tell the whole world, but that wouldn't go too well with the others. And then there's McFLY's image-"

"But we're grown up. If our fan base- which is mostly girls- hates us and you, or Yumi, for our relationships then they're not our real fans."

"You go, Dougie." I laugh and stretch my legs across to his lap. I rest my feet there. I observe our pretty little table full of scones, coffee and tea. I decide to go after the last sugar cookie and just as I'm about to grab it, Dougie snatches it, leaving my hand resting on a warm, crust-infested plate.

"Hey!" I laugh, "That was mine!" Then I pout.

"Go get it then." He smirks.

"But you already swallowed it."

Dougie leans back in his chair and rests his hands on the back his neck, "That doesn't mean that the nice taste is gone."
I cross my arms across my chest and try not to smirk back him too much. He's challenging me with his eyes, and his lips for that matter, and we stare at each other for a minute.

I had to blink twice.

It's not pretty if your eyes water.

I sigh and get up, giving into Dougie's beautiful temptation. I sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck as he smiles (because he won) and wraps his arms around my waste. I hear George back in the kitchen, cooking and singing to himself.
"Why can't we go on a date without kissing too much?" I ask. I glance at his lips and then back up to his blue eyes.

"We didn't at that skate park."

"But you didn't know that when I kissed Liam back then, I pictured kissing you instead."

Dougie tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, "And you didn't know that I would walk outside your hotel and debate with myself whether or not to tell you-"

I interrupt him with my lips on his because I didn't want to get in a fit of giggles. He kissed me so nicely that I couldn't breathe and my head was spinning.

And on his lips I could taste the sugar cookies.

_______________________________________________________________________

"Where are you at this moment?" Dougie asks me, jolting me from my peaceful trance on the swing.

"Me? Well Dougie, you kidnap me early this morning without telling anyone, not even Yumi, where you were taking me, then you take me to breakfast at your uncle's cafe TWO HOURS away from London. And I am now being held hostage on a swing in a park, in a small town on a drizzly day in England. Plus I'm with you." I look at Dougie and smile. A small gust of wind pushes my swing.

Dougie walks in front of me and leans down to level with my eyes. He grabs a hold of the swing's chains softly as they creak, "I'll kidnap you everyday- you'll never get away."

"Oh..." I chuckle, "how mysterious. If I do run away I'll leave clues," I lean in close to his face and whisper in his ear, "no matter what, promise to find me okay?"

Dougie nods and just as he turns his lips towards mine, he stops. I see him look past me, worry seeping into his eyes.

"What?" I begin to turn around but Dougie brings my face to him again. I thought he was going to kiss me. I was wrong.

"Don't turn around okay?" He says.

I nod, "Cameras?"

"Yeah. Good thing you're wearing my jacket. They can't recognize you. Put on your sunglasses and let’s leave."

"Yeah, lets." I get up and my butt is sore from sitting on the swings for too long. Dougie, in his sunglasses and beanie cap, walks me (but doesn't hold my hand) to his car. I get in and cover my face with my hair. But I can't help but feel adventurous.

The lovers verse the evil dragons!

It has a nice ring to it, really!

Dougie drives off just as a man snaps a picture of the back of the car.

"That was close." Dougie smiles. We're driving through a neighborhood, heading back to the main road. He changes the radio station that was currently playing a McFLY track.

"Yeah it was close. Damn dude ruined our kiss!" I sigh and snuggle deep into Dougie's warm jacket. It smells so good! I run a hand through my hair and check my mobile phone for texts.

All new texts were from Karlie, threatening mean things that are very inappropriate. I didn't tell anyone I'd be gone all day.

You know, my mother is not even this strict.

"Are you in trouble?" Dougie asks me.

"Yeah." I grumble," You?"

"Definitely," He smiles.

Two hours later, we're back in London. I can feel the anger vibrating off of Karlie and Oliver and we just entered the city!

"Call me tonight?" I ask Dougie once I see Karlie in plain view, tapping her foot in front of Oliver's house. I see Yumi, Danny, Tom, Harry, his girlfriend, and Nae peek their heads out of the window to see who would get the screams first.

"Sure. If I'm still alive." Dougie grins.

"Don't say that!"

"Fine!" Dougie chuckles as I hit his arm," if I'm not 'grounded.'"

Right. If we're not grounded and chained to a bulldozer."

Even though I hate situations like these, I always love the beginning. Everything is perfect at that time. Just us. For each other. No rules.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I really hope you still like my stories! My new story (the one that I'm not posting online) is going along really well. I have the whole plot, characters and the titles finished!