‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Status: Updates Come and Go... Consider It a Surprise :)

For You, I Will

Punishment

My mom was terrifying when she was mad, and at the moment she was furious. She was way past the ‘screaming and discipline’ point of her anger. Right now, she was at the ‘deadly silence’ point, and it was almost more frightening than her screaming.

She had been alarmingly quiet in the principal’s office; only saying ‘yes’, ‘no’, and even managing to say ‘I understand’ when the principal announced I’d been suspended for three days. And now, we were riding in eerily silence back to the house. Her knuckles were sheet-white as she clutched the steering wheel. Her lips were pulled into a tight line, and her blue eyes were narrowed as she glowered ahead of her, pulling slowly into the driveway and shutting off the car.

I wasted no time in getting out of the car and slinking into the house ahead of her as she shut the door and followed silently. Kicking off my muddy shoes by the door, I began to trudge towards my room when my mom’s deadly quiet voice said simply,

“On the couch.”

Obeying without a second thought, I turned and trudged to the couch, dropping down onto the cushion as my mom stepped in front of me, arms crossed across her chest. It was silent for a moment while I kept my eyes trained on the floor in front of me; our hardwood floor needed polishing.

“Lillian Nicole Clearwater, what the hell were you thinking, getting into a fight with Arabella?” my mom demanded, venom evident in her voice. Despite our recent mutual understandings and heart-to-heart talk, I couldn’t help saying,

“She started it.”

“Lillian-“ my mom began, but I cut her off.

“She did! She tripped me and made me fall and my face went into the sloppy joes and everyone laughed at me!” I burst out, feeling tears prick my eyes. “I wanted to get her back! I wanted her to be just as embarrassed as me so I threw sloppy joes into her face and then she tried to hit me, so I hit her instead, because you and Lucas and dad are always telling me to stick up for myself, and then her friend started hitting me too-“

“Lillie,” my mom almost shouted, breaking through my tirade. I snapped my mouth shut and looked up at her; to my relief, she didn’t look as mad as earlier. “I know you must have been embarrassed, but getting into a fight wasn’t the way to solve things. You should have told a teacher, or told me or your dad-“

“What good would that have done, mom?” I asked, leaning back into the couch. “If I would have gone running off to a teacher or someone else, everyone would think I’m a wuss and I couldn’t take care of myself.”

“Lillie, you can’t go throwing yourself into fights when something goes wrong,” my mom said softly, settling down on the couch beside me.

“It works for Lucas,” I muttered, glancing over to gauge her reaction. My mom smiled at me and said,

“But you aren’t Lucas. You’re not anyone else but Lillie. I had to realize that, and you need to too. I know you’re smart enough to solve problems without your fists. I understand why you did it, but I don’t want it happening again. Understood?”

“Yes mom,” I said, leaning into her as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “So you’re not mad?”

“Oh, no,” my mom laughed, giving my shoulder a squeeze as she pulled back. “I’m plenty mad. Don’t think you’re getting off that easy.”

Letting out a sigh, I got up from the couch and began to head off to my room.

“Cell phone,” my mom said, holding out her hand.

“What?!” I cried, spinning to stare at her.

“You know, the little device in your pocket that your father and I pay out the back door for?

“Awe come on mom,” I groaned giving her my best pleading look.

“You can have it back when your three days are up,” she said, getting up and holding out her hand. With another groan, I fished my phone out of my pocket and handed it over to my mom. She flipped it open, turned it off, then put it in her own pocket.

“When you get to your room, you can hand over your laptop too. No TV either, and don’t even think about going to the Cullens until you’re back at school.”

“What am I supposed to do without my computer or the TV?!” I cried, looking unbelievingly at my mom.

“Sit in your room and think about what you’ve done,” she told me, planting her hands on her hips. The small mother-daughter moment we’d had was completely over as I marched to my room, unhooked my laptop, and handed it over. Then I flopped dramatically onto my bed and let out a mournful groan as my mom shut the door to block out the sound.

“Hey Lil,” Nessie said, pushing my door open as she carried my schoolwork into my room. Rolling her eyes as I sent her a glare, she said,

“Mr. Thompson told me to bring you the work you’re missing while you’re suspended, so don’t look at me like that.”

“Are you in big trouble too?” I asked her, reluctantly taking the books from her hands as she dropped down on the bed beside me.

“Well,” she began, giving me a sideways glance. “Not really. My mom was kind of proud of me for sticking up for you.” As I began to get a rather outraged look on my face, she added quickly, “I mean, I got a lecture about how fighting isn’t acceptable, and-“

But I was already up off my bed storming into the kitchen.

“Bella didn’t ground Nessie for fighting!” I raged, crossing my arms over my chest. Letting out a weary sigh, my mom turned and frowned at Nessie, who gave a sheepish smile.

“Lillie, that’s different. Renesmee was helping end the fight that you started.”

“That’s not fair!” I cried, glaring at my mom.

“I don’t care, Lillian. Drop the subject before you get another day added onto your restrictions.”

Letting out a frustrated screech, I stomped back to my room, with Nessie trailing me.

“It’s not that bad, Lil,” she said comfortingly, rubbing my back. “You’ll be off restrictions before you know it!”

“Easy for you to say,” I muttered, wallowing in the realization I wouldn’t get to see Embry for three whole days. “You got off the hook.”

“I’m sorry,” Nessie said, pressing her hand to my cheek, letting images of how incredibly sorry she was flash through my mind. Sighing and pushing her hand away, I sat up and said,

“It’s okay, Ness. You better get going before my mom flips out on you, too.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later Lillie.”

Hopping up off my bed, she hurried out of my room. I watched sadly out the window as she skipped down the front steps and hurried to the rabbit, where Jacob was waiting. My mom had made him wait outside, enforcing the ‘no visitors for Lillie except to bring her homework’ part of my punishment. As Jacob’s car pulled away, I saw the shape of a very sad-looking shapeshifter trudging over towards my window.

My heart began to beat a bit faster as I sat up and scooted over to the wall, pressing my hands against the panes as Embry pressed his nose to the glass. He let out a small whimper, and I gave him a sad smile. His chocolate brown eyes batted up at me hopefully, and glancing back to make sure my door was shut, I quietly unlocked my window and slid it open a few inches, enough to stick my head out.

“Thank you for sticking up for me,” I told him, running a hand through his fur as he nudged my hand affectionately. Smiling, I asked,

“Did it feel good to punch Cade?” Embry nodded his grey-and-black head enthusiastically, and I laughed quietly.

“So you heard what my mom said, right?” he nodded sadly. “I’ll miss you these next few days,” I told him, resting my head gently on his head. I nearly jumped out of my skin when my mom gave a few knocks on the door.

“Lillie, can you help me with dinner, please?”

I let out a shaky breath, then called,

“Yeah, one second!”

Leaning a bit further out of the window, I wrapped my arms around Embry’s neck and gave him a lingering kiss on his fuzzy cheek.

“I’ll see you later, I promise,” I told him as I pushed myself back into my window, shutting it softy. Embry sat out front, watching me until I shut the bedroom door.

***

“Good morning!” Kim exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug the next morning as she and Jared stepped into our living room. Still half asleep, I gave her an awkward pat on the back as I mumbled,

“Why’re you here?”

“I’ve asked Kim and Jared to come keep an eye on you while I’m at work,” my mom said as she hurried down the hall, pulling her jacket on over her scrubs.

“I have a babysitter?” I asked indignantly, following my mom towards the front door. My disbelief and frustration had snapped me out of my sleepy daze. “I’m not five!”

“No, you’re not,” she agreed grabbing her purse off the end table and turning to frown at me. “When you were five, you actually listened to me. I know the second I walk out that door, you’ll have the TV on and your laptop up and running. Kim and Jared are here to make sure you obey your punishment.”

With that, my mom gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head, said quick goodbyes to Kim and Jared, and then disappeared out the door. For a moment we all stood still; then, reluctantly, I turned to Kim and Jared.

“No TV?”

“Nope,” Jared said, dropping down onto the couch and pulling out a book to read. Kim gave me a huge smile, saying,

“Well, we could always play a boardgame-“ Jared cut her off quickly.

“Kim…”

“Oh, right… Well, your mom wants you to do your homework first…”

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I mumbled “fine…” and trudged into my room, slamming the door. This sucked. This really sucked. I dropped down onto my bed, glowering at the wall in front of me. I wanted to get out of here. If only I could just get up and leave

My eyes strayed to my window, and a grin spread across my face. From the living room, I could hear the sounds of Kim talking quietly, and I knew that she and Jared wouldn’t be checking on me any time soon.

As quietly as I could, I eased up into a sitting position and rested my hand on the window lock. Taking a deep breath, I flicked it open; there was a small click. I held perfectly still, listening for anyone coming down the hall. Nothing.

Now grinning wickedly, I eased the window up enough for me to slide my body through. Glancing around the yard, I was relieved to see that it was empty. I knew most of the pack was patrolling the woods, keeping an eye out for the Makah pack, but at the moment I was virtually alone. Awkwardly, I hung one leg out of my window, then held myself up to slide my other leg out. Loosing my balance, I tumbled ungracefully onto the ground. It couldn’t have looked very lady like or attractive, but it worked. I was out of my house!

Slowly I stood and brushed the dust off my jeans, then looked around again. No one around to stop me now! I had literally taken half a step towards the forest when, from behind me, I heard,

“You couldn’t have honestly thought that would work.”

Groaning in disbelief, I turned around and glowered at Jared, who was leaning up against the porch rail. He shook his head, chuckling at me as I reluctantly trudged into the house.

Kim got to her feet as I marched past the couch, saying,

“You’re going to come finish your homework in the kitchen where we can keep an eye on you.”

“You guys are the devils spawn, you know that right?” I muttered, trudging towards my room to grab my books that Nessie had dropped off. I was just about to open my door, when Jared suddenly shouted,

“Lillie! Lillie, come here! Don’t go in your room!”

His sudden exclamation had caught me off guard, and I jumped from surprise, my hand just an inch from the doorknob. Jared rushed towards me, grabbing my arm and pulling me backwards down the hallway, with Kim right behind him.

“What the hell are you-“

“Be quiet!” he hissed, pushing me into the bathroom Lucas and I shared. Kim rushed in after me, and Jared shut the door; Kim locked it, then sat down and pressed her back up against the door.

“Kim, what the hell is going on?!”

“The Makah wolves were just sighted coming towards the house. Quil just tipped off Jared. We need to keep you safe,” she explained, her voice no more than a whisper. My heart was racing; the Makah wolves were done waiting for us to comply, I just knew it. They would get me, one way or another. I wasn’t safe anywhere.

***My POV***

Is Lillie okay? Embry asked the second Jared phased.

She’s fine, I’ve got her in the bathroom with Kim. It’s the only room without windows, he assured Embry as he trotted down the front porch. Embry stationed himself on the porch, guarding the front door.

Most of the younger members of the pack were encircling the house, keeping an eye out for the Makah’s. Seth was just pulling up, with Alex in the seat beside him. Quickly, he ushered her inside; moments later, he was phased and on the back porch, standing guard.

Jacob’s almost here; he just dropped Nessie off at the Cullen’s. When’d you get here, Embry?

About two minutes ago. I left the school and came straight here.

Look, here’s Jake now. And just in time, Paul said grimly. The Makah’s are just around the corner.

The second that Jacob appeared from the forest, flanked by Sam and Quil, the large, hulking shape of Saul, accompanied by Kale and the other wolf from last time. Saul’s eyes were narrowed with fury, and he hissed,

“We’ve given you plenty of time to decide. You make the choice now- give up Lillie and Renesmee, or we will kill all of your mates, those two included.”

“We’ll never give them up,” Jacob snarled, balling his fists.

“I figured you’d say that,” Saul said, shaking his head in mock sympathy. “We’ll give you exactly one hour, starting now. Fail to hand over Lillie and Renesmee, and we will begin killing the other imprints. Make your choice wisely.”

With that, Saul turned and beckoned for his two wolves to follow; Kale paused and bared his teeth at Jacob for a moment longer, then disappeared into the woods after Saul.

“You heard him,” Jacob said, turning to the wolves. For a moment, the others were startled. Was Jacob really going to turn his own imprint in?

“We’ve got one hour to get our imprints and set up a defense station. Meet at the Cullen’s house in half an hour. Let’s move!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Harmless_Lies

JustThinking

greekgodchildhades3

celestial_royalty

darknesslovesme021

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really appreciate them :) this chapter is for you!

I've got quite a surprise coming up in the next chapter, so I hope you'll all stay tuned! I also hope you liked this chapter, it took me forever to write. I got stuck like halfway through aha so I procrastinated and made another story XD

Please comment and subscribe! I love hearing what you guys think (good and bad)! :D