Status: a bit of a writer's block

Wounds That Will Not Heal

I'm Scared

The next morning I was at the hospital again, just telling Jo news about my date with Matt tonight.

"So so so tell me how did he exactly ask you out?" I sigh. I do not want to repeat that once more!

"I told you this already!" She pouts playfully at me in attempt to make me give in. She loves me telling her about Matt, she likes my boy situations in general. And I haven't had one since she got in the hospital except the one with Matt so it reminds her of the time when she wasn't diagnosed and I know she's more calmer knowing she can still do these things.

"Fiiiiiine!" I give in.

Just as I was about to repeat the scene from the cafeteria to her for the millionth time I heard a knock on the door and then someone opening it slowly. I turned around and saw that it was Jo's oncologist. Shit, this can't be good.

I turned to Jo and saw her expression turned from excited to a bit scared. I sat on her bed and squeezed her arm.

Whenever an oncologist comes himself, it can't be good.

"Hello Miss Samstrong and Miss Parker." We greet back and he clears his throat. No, no way this can be good.

"I have some news." I feel Johanna shift on the bed, probably anxious.

"Good or bad." I manage to ask.

"Well, depends how you take it. We checked your last test results and it seems the cancer is operable in this state." He shifts his gaze between the two of us, awaiting for our reaction.

"Is-is it r-risky?" Jo stutters.

"I can't lie, it is, but we assure you our surgeons are one of the very best and you are in safe hands." He explained the whole procedure and the consequences. Neither of us know what to say. I, personally, am scared shitless.

"I already told everything to your parents, they're coming over to discuss everything in a few hours, when my rounds are over. We'll talk then, okay?" Jo just nods.

The doctor leaves the room and I face Jo. Her eyes are watery and she's squeezing my hand really tightly. I know she's scared about this procedure and she has every right, too. She could die on the table, but it can also save her life.

Her teary eyes meet mine. "C-continue." I raise my eyebrow.

"Th-the story about y-you and M-Matt." She stutters, tears slipping from her eyes. I feel my eyes watter, too. I hug her. "Just c-continue. I-I need t-to focus o-on something e-else." She sobs.

I full away and look at her sympathetically. I repeat my story to her and she seems just a bit calmer.

"I'm happy for you La La." I smile at her nickname for me. She gave it to me back in kindergarten. "He seems great."

We sit in silence for full 2 minutes. The TV is off, and you can only hear the heart monitor beeping. I hear her sigh and I look up. "I'm scared." She states simply. I just hug her as she starts to sob again.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of an inside view of Jo's condition...
Thought? *smiles hopefully* :Đ
Angie