The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

025

I sat on the beach between Danny and Ricky watching the morning sun rise over the horizon. The only sound was of the waves crashing along the shore. It was peaceful and relaxing. I raised the cup of coffee to my lips, enjoying the warmth the black java gave off.

The skies were clear and there was a southwest wind bringing in some semi-clean, peaky lines. Some looking like it would even make shoulder high on some of the better sets. I fiddled with the bar of wax in my hand, thinking of how to approach the water.

“You’re coming in too, right?” I questioned Danny, still looking out at the water. A few other locals were sifting in, getting ready to get their own sets.

“Can’t I just watch, take some film?” He grinned sheepishly, not exactly wanting to go into the cold water.

“No,” I laughed. “Your balls aren’t going to shrivel up, Dan.”

Ricky snickered, “Don’t believe her. They’ll be the size of raisons in the beginning.”

I smacked Ricky. “You are supposed to be encouraging, not be an asshole.”

“Hey,” he put his hands up in defense. “I speak nothing but the truth.”

I rolled my eyes, and kneeled forward to wax up the board in front of me. “That’s what the armor is for.”

“Yeah, for your chest; not for your balls. Your nipples are safe.” Danny scoffed.

“You’re nipps are safe too,” I laughed as they feared the water would rob them of their family jewels.

“Not as important,” Ricky disagreed.

“Suck it up,” I finally silenced their whining. “I thought you were supposed to be men.”

“We want it to stay that way,” Danny grumbled, getting in the last word. “I don’t see your boyfriend here shriveling up with us.”

“He’s busy working,” I shrugged and pouted. “Besides, don’t you want to spend time with me before I leave?”

“I hate the guilt card,” Danny groaned.

“Because it works,” I grinned triumphantly, handing the wax over to him.

“This is love,” he gave in, getting his board ready. “When’s you’re flight?”

“Six.” I sighed thinking of how early I would have to get up.

“Sucks for you,” he laughed. “Karma is a beautiful thing.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I laid back in the sand, waiting for them to finish getting ready. “Do you think that he’ll miss me?”

“Who? Syn?” Danny tossed the wax over to Ricky. He smiled softly as I nodded in confirmation. “He hates the fact that you already live so far away. You’re going to be on another continent, Loon. Of course he is going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you, don’t I count?” Ricky laid across me, pretending to cry.

“No,” I laughed as he wailed. I rubbed his back. “Poor Ricky. Nobody loves him.” I shrieked as he bit my side. “Fuck, ass! That really hurt.”

“You should’ve loved me then.” He complained, before biting me again.

“That’s going to be a bruise.” I pushed him off and jumped up, to examine the skin.

Ricky rolled onto his back laughing and grinned up at me cheekily. “It’s a love bite. Love you, Loon.”

I glared, “I hope the water’s freezing and what’s left of your balls shrivel up.” Picking up my surfboard and heading to the water, not waiting for them. I bit my lip, concealing a scream as the water reached my thighs. I turned around to face them and grinned, “Has to be a refreshing 70˚.” My body shivered a bit, trying to conceal whatever warmth I had. The water could be no warmer than 59˚; maybe 60˚ at most. It was freezing and probably a day to wear a full body suit.

Sucking it up, I took a deep breath and, dove under the water. Paddling out, I briefly heard the screams of supposedly two grown men. I laughed, continuing to go out a bit further. I balanced on my board watching as they quickly approached me.

“You’re such a lying bitch.” Danny growled. “Fuck, my balls sucked into my body as soon as the water touch me.”

I laughed so hard I was almost crying until I was over thrown into the water. I resurfaced catching my breath, still laughing. Ricky rolled his eyes at us and went after the next wave.

I pulled myself back up onto my board and snickered at Danny’s painful face as he mimicked my actions. “Start moving, they’ll descend eventually.”

“This is love,” he lectured. “You owe me big, missy.”

“I’ll give you a good massage when we get back to Ricky’s,” I bargained.

“Fine,” he huffed childishly.

••••

As promised, I had Danny lay out on the couch, stomach down. I perched myself on his butt and began to work from his lower back up. “You looked better before this whole body-builder phase.”

“I’ll have you know that the ladies love my muscles,” he retorted. “Don’t you like Syn’s?”

“Of course,” I nodded. “He still has his neck, though. I like his lean look better. I don’t want someone who looks like Michelin-man, Abello.”

“I don’t know what Brian sees in you. You are a bitch.” He groaned as I worked a knot out. “I’m going to have to call Shads that now.”

“Who’s the bitch now?” I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

“Shut up,” he mumbled.

“Ricky,” I shouted as he grabbed drinks for us in the kitchen.

“Doesn’t Danny look like Michelin-man?” I asked. All I heard in return was him cracking up. “My turn,” I patted his back and switched places with him.

I rolled my eyes as he untied the back of my top, claiming it helped give him more access. As if a flimsy string was really in his way. Between the hum of the television and relaxation of my back massaged, I fell asleep.

All of a sudden I felt freezing. I jumped up off the couch to get away from the cold. I shrieked and shook as a shiver erupted throughout my body.

“Nice view, Luce. But, I don’t like to share.”

I looked up to see Brian on the opposite loveseat. I looked down and immediately covered my breasts. I glared at the culprit. Danny stood grinning with a cold glass beer bottle in his hands, my top on the back of the couch from earlier. “You better watch your back, Michelin-man.”