A Dream Come True

chpt.9

“Cameron listen, you know I really like you. But I've realized that I like you more as a friend. No more” I said with all pain in my heart. I don’t know why it hurt so much. I mean I was with Zach now, this shouldn’t be that hard.
“I knew this was coming. And I'm cool with it. I just hope you guys are happy” he said obviously hurt.
I looked at Zach and saw that this was as hard for him as it was for Cameron. “I feel so fucking bad” Zach said. “Don’t be. This is mean to be” I told him. “yeah but still. He`s my best friend and I hurt him”
“I know. I feel bad for hurting him too” I said looking down.
“Gaby I mean I have you, and that`s all I want right now. But we left him with nobody. And to tell you the truth I’ve had some girlfriends before. He hasn’t had one. Ever. Do you know how hard that must be for him? He`s 20 years old” Zach explained.
“Yeah I know Zach, that’s what I’ve been thinking. We have to find someone for him. Who has been his all time crush?”
“Well before you, he loved this girl called Darcy. She was dating Kevin, a friend of Dillon`s, but they broke up about two weeks ago.”
“Zach, this is perfect” I screamed.
“What is?”
“Zach! We have to get Cameron together with Darcy. Do you have any way of contacting her?”
“Yeah, but this may not be so easy.” He grimaced.
“Why?” I asked.
“She kind of loved me a while back. I don’t know if she still does”
“That may be a problem”
“Yeah, but we have to try”
“Exactly. Maybe she doesn’t even like you anymore”
“What are you talking about? Everyone likes me” he joked.
“Shut up” I laughed. “let`s go do sound check and after the show we can try to contact Darcy, ok?”
“Sounds like a plan”.
We had sound check and decided to go eat something before the concert. Everything was really awkward with Cameron. Zach made it even more awkward by holding my hand all the time, even though I loved it of course, I could see Cameron glancing at our hands.
We went to a small pizza place.
“Hi I'm Daphne and I'll be your server this evening. Can I get you anything to drink?” The waiter told us. She was tall with beautiful, long, blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin and was really skinny. I could see that she couldn’t stop staring at Cameron the whole time.
“Hey babygurl could you bring us the check please?” Mickey told Daphne, the waitress. “Sure, coming right up”.
“Dude she`s so hot.” Michael told Cameron. “You should tell her to come to the concert.”
“Yeah you should. `Because if you don’t, I will” Nathan said.
“I don’t know. What if she doesn’t like me back? I've already been there way too many times” Cameron said. I looked down. It was obvious that he was talking about me. I could tell that Zach saw that I looked down because he squeezed my hand.
“Come on Cameron. How bad can it be?” Zach said.
“Well you wouldn’t know now would you Zach?” Cameron retorted. He stood up from the booth and went outside.
“I'll go talk to him” I said.

“Cameron, are you ok?” I asked him.
“Yeah I'm fine. Just go back to your boyfriend.”
“Cameron don’t be this way.”
“Why not? Zach gets all the girls he wants. You’ll see that you will break up with him soon”
“No he won`t” I was starting to get mad now. “Just because he has broken up with other girls before me doesn`t mean that he will break up with me”
“I'm sorry I got out of line. I`m so sorry Gaby. It’s just that I really like you. Since the moment you walked out of that plane I knew you were the one. But I can see that you are happy. And even though you`re not with me I want you to be happy. I know that sounds like bull shit but I know it`s true. But even though you may not want me, I still want you. So I will fight for you. Even though it’s against my best friend”
“No Cameron don`t. I don’t want two best friends who have such a nice relationship like you do to fight. Especially not over some girl like me”
“But you`re not just some girl” Cameron started walking towards me. He was just inches away now. “You are the most beautiful, funny, smart, most talented, and just overall perfect girl I have ever met.
“Cameron that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.”
He started leaning closer, and closer, and closer.
“Just say no if you want to stop”.
♠ ♠ ♠
i actually love this chapter haha tell me what you think :D