Rois de la Nuit

Cinq

“And a really dumb one,” she growled. I felt something sting my neck and sighed.

“Really?” I demanded slightly annoyed. I had to admit, the girl was certainly clever, but she didn‘t need to know that. “You can’t behead me with that little knife. All you’re going to do is make me really thirsty which will kill at least three people who might have lived through the night otherwise.”

The knife clattered to the ground. I looked back, the surprise so stark that I couldn’t hide it. Well I hadn’t expected her to drop the thing. Then again, I hadn’t expected her to knee me in the balls like she did in my moment of weakness. I may be a vampire, but I am first and foremost a man. Hit me there and well…honestly I can’t say that I could see straight for a few seconds. And in that time she was already pulling out a gun from an ankle holster. I didn’t even think. I reached out and grabbed the gun, breaking it in half. I stood up slowly, my eyes dark and evil.

I’m a sadist, not a masochist.

“You just crossed the line princess,” I growled. One of her tiny fists shot out at me and I grabbed it in a hard grip. It wasn’t enough to break it, but she was going to regret hurting me. I would make sure of that. I reached out and snatched the scarf from her neck and began to wrap it around her captive wrist before she could properly react. True fear lit her eyes and I could feel pleasure run through me in place of my rage. I spun her around and pressed her face first into the wall. She tried to throw a fist back at me, but I caught it and began to wrap it up with her other wrist until her hands were bound tightly behind her back.

“Never cross a vampire.”

I threw her over my shoulder. It reminded me of being a Viking. I missed the Vikings. They were a great group of guys. They were violent and they were intelligent, despite what other people seemed to think about them. I never understood the lack of love towards the Vikings. Sure, the fear, the fear was one of the things that made them great. Besides, it was so sweet to hear her screams as she bounced on my shoulder. I was going to enjoy tormenting her. And I was going to make it slow and glorious. She probably realized that too. It was likely why she squirmed and screamed the way she did.

I slapped her butt which produced a startled squeak from her. “Now then princess. Why don’t you save those screams for later,” I teased her with a dark chuckle. And she was going to scream for me. I was a sadist who finally had a toy to play with. There was no way that I was going to let this chance slip out of my fingers. Especially since it had been so long since I had had the chance to do anything in that line of joy. For some odd reason, most people tended to think that being a Viking either made you a member of a football team, an idiot, or a barbarian. The first, why would I want to play football? I have better things to do with my time, of that I assure you. Not even in my most base moments have I ever considered touching the sport. As for being an idiot, well I wouldn’t still be alive if I was one of those. Well, I suppose I might be, but that would be as something that I will never speak of. “And if you’re considering using any cliché and overused line about demanding I let you or that I’ll never get away with any of this, please save your breath. It’ll only make me want to rip your tongue out and I’d rather hear you beg later.”

She went silent though I could hear her heart pounding. It had me excited in more ways than one. I ran my tongue over my teeth feeling the rounded tips of fangs. You see, the fangs of a vampire aren’t something that attract attention. They usually look more like a human’s teeth than some humans. That’s what used to be half the fun messing with the amateur vampire hunters. Now they’re just obsessed with whatever I feed Hollywood. And yes, it’s me who feeds all those silly rumors, though I didn’t do the sparkling one. That one’s just wrong. Vampires sparkling for any reason is just…it’s not even gay. It’s just disgusting! There are some things that should never be done and that was one of them. Unfortunately it was done and now there is no way to take it back.

I digress yet again.

I kicked open my front door and didn’t bother to close it behind me. It wasn’t like anyone would break into my place. Even if anyone was around, there was no way that anyone nearby would dare to come in. They knew who lived here. More than that, they knew exactly what I would do to those that they loved if they dared to touch my home whether I was there or not. I had proved that to them already. And they had remembered the lesson well. That was something that I was very proud of for all of them. I moved down the second hall and towards one of the bedrooms. I tossed the girl onto the bed and began to pull out duct tape and handcuffs. They were rudimentary items but they would do for my purpose. "Now, stay quiet princess," I advised before I pulled some of the tape away from the roll and pressed it to her pretty lips. Then I carefully began to wrap it around her head. She would be able to make plenty of noise still, but I didn't care. After all, it was only going to be me there anyway. I reached behind her and placed a pair of handcuffs on her wrists and then attached another to the chain link between the two cuffs. The other was cuffed to the bed. She wasn't going anywhere for now.