Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Outing

They left the fresh grave that afternoon. Daryl suggested burning the body, but everyone protested. They piled in the car and headed for home, without Shane.

"Thanks... for comin' back." T said.

"Yeah.. you had us worried.." Glenn added.

"If I had the time to get ya, I would have."

"Well thanks anyways."

They drove in silence the rest of the way home. Rick was mourning Shane, and Daryl just liked ignoring Glenn and T. Lori was outside when they pulled the car around back.

She watched as only four men emerged from the car. Although her face showed sadness, inside she was slightly thrilled, her baby could be Rick's without hassle from Shane. She already had enough trouble keeping Shane from Carl. But she could see Rick was stricken with pain, he hadn't known of the affair, and now he never would.

Daryl and T carried the supplies inside while Glenn got him and T some food and water. They sat down on the table when Addie came downstairs. She ran into Daryl's arms.

"Ohh your okay!" she murmured into his shoulder. Daryl pulled her new clothes out from the sacks they carried in. "For me?" she asked.

"Who else?" Daryl said, Addie smile at him for remembering. "There's one thing though, Shane... he didn't make it back." Addie touched her fingers to her lips. Poor Shane.
_______________________________________________________________

Once settled, Addie curled up next to Daryl on the couch. Addie noticed a peculiar look on Daryl's face. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Well Shane.." Addie knew he hadn't like Shane. "He coulda' left me behind that first trip, but he stopped. I was just thinking that... when he died he wasn't such a bad guy."

"Your right." Addie said. She kissed Daryl's lips. And he slowly sank back to her pulling her tighter. She was only disappointed when he pulled away.

"So what about this thing?" he asked rubbing her belly.

"To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea." she said back.

"A kid. Seems like a challenge." he saw the worried look on Addie's face. "But a good challenge!" he corrected, nodding his head. "I never thought I have a kid..."

"Why not?" she asked.

"We lived in this apartment for a while, me n' Merle. And there was this baby next door that would wake us up at night. It drove us crazy. Merle said I was ugly as a baby. And I... well.. I don't think I'd be a good father."

"YOU'RE WORRIED? My mother suffered so much mentally that she tried to drown me. I should be the only one worried."

"Well that is true. But you got those makings of a good mom in ya. Ya cook, yer clean, you're smart. You'll do great."

"Well so will you Mr. Dixon." she said folding her arms and pouting.

"WAIT WHOA WHOA WHOA." Glenn said. "I thought Lori was pregnant."

Addie and Daryl could hear Rick from the kitchen, "She is."

"Well then what are you two talking about?" Glenn pointed at the cuddly couple on the couch.

"Uhhmm." was all Addie could muster.

Then Lori yelled, "She pregnant too."

"HEY!" Addie yelled walking in the kitchen, most everyone was eating something. "If I pregnant Andrea's pregnant too!"

Everyone looked at Andrea.

"I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT!" she yelled.

Addie just smiled. "I know, but now everyone know you're with... someone."

Andrea looked appalled. Before she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Okay, I think we need to figure somethings out." Rick said.

"Okay... Addie and Daryl have been with each other for a few weeks, Addie, are you, or are you not..." Rick paused. "with child."

She rolled her eyes. "Oui."

"And Andrea... are you pregnant?"

"NO!"

"Then how come she accused you...?" Rick asked. Lori and Addie were trying to conceal smiles.

"Uh. Well..." Dale walked in the room mid-sentence for another glass of brandy. He placed his hand on Andrea's shoulder. Then everyone started laughing.

"Whats going on here?" Dale asked.

"You uh.. just kinda outed us." Andrea whispered to Dale. His face went bright red like a Santa and polished off his newly filled glass of Brandy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still heading comic book direction... fyi.