Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Colt 45

Thank God it was Daryl. He had silenced her from giving away his hiding spot. Underneath his arm was Abha. Andrea let out a mental sigh of relief. Ahead she saw the forest green truck parked, John was furious.

“HOW THE FUCK DID YOU LET SOME CHINK BITCH RUN AWAY FROM YOU?”

“SHE BIT ME! I’M SORRY.”

“SHE BIT YOU? HOW IRONIC.” He stated.

“YOU TWO BETTER PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR FUCKIN’ ASSES. SHE’S YOUNG AND SHE’S ASIAN. DO YOU KNOW HOW GOOD SHE TASTES?”

The conversation made Andrea sick. They were cannibals. Fuck. Daryl still had his hand over her mouth.

“What about the Blonde?”

“She wasn’t in the room.”

“Anyone… did you get anyone else?”

“No.”

“I HOPE YOU KNOW I’M NOT EATING THIS CANNED SHIT. I NEED SOME GOD DAMMNED FOOD.” he said referring to the canned preserves given to him by Lori and Carol.

“yeah pa, we’ll try again, we’ll go back and find her before she makes it back to the house.”

“YOU BETTER BRING ME BACK SOME FUCKIN’ MEAT.” John slapped one of his sons hard across the face. Apparently this was a regular night for them. The Redfern’s had been traveling looking for anything still human, and when they found it they took their chance. They wanted to eat who ever they found, but when they found over twelve people living in one house, the plan needed to be revised.

And here was the end result of that plan, three hiding in the woods, being hunted by another three, while one walked in unsuspecting to the danger ahead of him.
___________________________________________________________________

Addie heard footsteps running down the hall. They woke her from her sleep, and her feet carried her to the door – she listened.

“Someone came in, grabbed Abha, and Daryl tried to go after them, then Andrea, no one’s come out yet.” She heard Glenn say. Addie wasted no time swinging the door open, almost off it’s hinges.

“Jesus Addie!” Glenn said gripping his chest.

“What do we do?”

“I dunno go in with guns?” he said back. T was already holding his handgun. Rick had a 12 gauge shotgun.

“That’s why they never attacked us before… our numbers.”

“So we go in after ‘em?”

“No lets make a plan.” Rick said,

“Well I already got one.” Glenn said. “I’ll go in, attract them to me, then you blow their brains out.”

“What is it with you and doin’ shit alone?” T asked.

“I want a gun.” Addie added.

The plan was already in motion, with only a few minutes passing The four of them left the house with several guns and lights. Rick insisted Addie stay behind, and when she refused he insisted she at least stay in the back of the group. Glenn was ahead of them, about to wander in like a Mallard during duck season.
____________________________________________________________________

Daryl’s muscled tenses when he heard Glenn yell.

“Guys? You alright?” he said with a shaky voice.

John Redfern immediately heard it, he used his fingers to motion his sons to head towards the turkey in the brush. One followed the other, heading towards Glenn’s voice.

“Guys?” he said again.

As soon as he caught sight of the shadows in front of him, Glenn darted in the opposite direction. Daryl had to help him, and he would’ve until he saw the shadows Glenn disappeared behind. At least they were getting smarter. Daryl thought.

The twins scattered after the learned that they had walked into an ambush. One darting left, the other darting right. One path was flat, easy to run on, and the other, had many trees, it was hard to see around, the terrain was shaky and Jeremy easily found his way on top of someone with a gun. He easily tried to knock the barrel away from him, he jumped on top of the person trying to wrestle the pistol from their arms then gun went off only once before one of them stopped moving.
________________________________________________________________________

John’s face became redder than fresh blood from between a walker’s teeth. He let out a loud cry – angered that someone ha fired a gun at one of his boys, they carried knives, he knew it was one of them. And he would kill them.

Jason came running back to the truck. John’s eyes shifted through the tree line looking, and listening for any sign of his son, when none came he leapt into the truck with Jason and sped off on an unfinished dirt road.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get back into updating, I'm not quite obsessed like normal, I'm sorry, I love comments - they feed inspiration... so I'm told. :D