Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Through the Trees

After she place the plated food and beer in front of him, he bound her hands as well. He sat her in front of him and she notice why he took such precautions. He now set down the gun he was holding to pick up the fork, he was hiding his right hand from view.

She watched as he ate the fish incredibly fast – he must be really hungry. His stature was built, he was tall with lots of muscle, but that didn’t mean that his stomach wasn’t empty. The food seemed to please him, weirdly she regretted making his food so delicious since he seemed to take no account to her well being by binding her hands and taping her mouth.

When he’d look at her she’d get the chills. They would linger at the top of her spine and travel to her very toes. His stare was terrifying to her, she could only hope his intentions were merciful.

“I’m from these parts, where are you from?” he asked, realized her mouth was still taped he reached across the table and quickly ripped part of the tape of, it still clung to her hair and the residue left her skin sticky.

“France.” She said.

“What’s a French lady doin’ round these parts?”

“I uh... used to live here. And my grandfather stocked this place with supplies so I’d have a good place to hold out while this… this… shit blows over.” She said. She instantly regretted her comments – he didn’t need to know they had supplies; he didn’t need to know anything about her.

“So you and some friends?” he said, ”How many?”

Now was her chance, “Well there’s a lot of us. Maybe twenty total.” She lied.

“Where’s the rest of your group? I have a hard time believing there are twenty people trapped in a room upstairs.”

“Hunting.” She said. “Cannibals.”

“Well damn, Didn’t know those were in these parts.” He said casually. “Your group they all French too?”

“No. Most are from here. Locals.”

“So ya got a lot of them niggers?”

“One.” She said.

“I never liked niggers. Always stealin’ shit.”

“What are you doing here?” she finally demanded.

“I’ve been making my way south from Atlanta for some time now.”

“Atlanta, I heard there was some trouble there, lots of walkers?”

“A shit load.” He said. “City’s crawlin’ with them fuckers.”

“You made it out alright.” She said.

She saw his face tense, his anger clearly shown. He slammed his left fist on the table and replaced the tape on her mouth. Then he let his right arm fall onto the table. Only it really was only his arm, his right hand was missing.
____________________________________________________________

The ropes were tight around Daryl’s hands, they were tying him to a tree in the woods, however he was able to blacken John’s eye, and perhaps break a few of Jason’s ribs in the struggle.

Glenn was left back at the camp tied to another tree, while they led Daryl into the forest, even thought they had seen few walkers this far south, they were still sure to be around.

After the final knot was tied John fired one round into the air to attract anything near by.

“You pieces of shit won’t get away with this.” He yelled as they walked away.

“You sure as hell ain’t getting away.” They laughed.
____________________________________________________________

Glenn tugged on the rope that kept him tethered to the tree. He repeatedly pulled with all the strength he had in attempt to snap it. Finally he fell back into the ground – the rope broken. Only T stood above him with a knife, he had cut the rope.

“Find’em I assume?” he asked.

“Yeah they took Daryl that way.” He said pointing “They said they’re gonna feed him to walkers.” Rick looked at Glenn like he was crazy, only the look was really meant for the Refern’s.

“Okay. Dale, Andrea – you think you can sneak out there without getting caught?”

“Of course.” Both armed, they went in the forest in the direction Glenn had indicated. It wouldn’t be hard to find him, because as soon as they took a step – a shot fired.

“Shit. Think they killed him?” Andrea asked.

“Could be Daryl.” Dale said casually.

“Let’s go find out.” The continued through the forest stopping to listen for any signs of others, they quietly made their way towards the shot.
________________________________________________________

Rick, Glenn and T all hid themselves in the trees. Anyone that would arrive in the clearing would be quickly ambushed.