Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 25

“Sir your going to have to move.” A voice said waking me slightly from the thick haze of pain.
“Stop talking to me and help her!” I heard Jason yell as I felt cool hands at my neck pressing slightly against my pulse point. My eyes opened to slits and I saw a guy above me , his hands gliding softly over my body. He suddenly waves a light in front of my eyes and I shut them with a barely audible whimper. I didn’t want anymore pain.
“Her eyes where just open that means she’s okay right?” Jason asked frantically and I heard the paramedic sigh.
“Mr. Slade please move away. I don’t know if she broke any bones so we’re waiting to move her. She’s breathing though so that’s good.” But the gunshot I wanted to force from my lips but the words remained stuck in my throat. Wasn’t anyone worried about the bullet buried somewhere in my body? I screamed in my mind clawed at the walls that encased me. All I was able to do was dig my nails into the palm of my hands as I slid back under the sea of pain.
* * *
I opened my eyes and was met by the sadly familiar blinding fluorescent lights of a hospital. I’ve always hated them and it would see ironic Matt kept putting me in them. I thought about going back to sleep to wait until Matt came back to pick me up then it all came rushing back. I bolted up right and tore the scratchy white blankets away from y body ignoring the bruises that marred my skin to search for the bullet hole. I knew the doctors must have fixed it but I just wanted prove Matt had done it. That he’d really shot me.
“Stephanie?” I whipped my head to my left and saw Jason was sitting in a chair his face pale. His hair was pulled into a loose ponytail and he was wearing a zip up jacket with nothing under it, his look was finished off with a pair of jeans. I tried to swallow but the dryness of my throat made me cough. Jason handed me the small paper cup in his hands and I slowly drunk the ice cold water. It soothed my throat and when I was done I handed it back to him. Jason put it down on the nightstand beside me bed and stared at me.
“Did I get shot?” I asked and Jason shook his head slowly as he sat back in his char and brushed hair from his face.
“But I heard a gunshot.” I said and Jason looked everywhere but at me.
“Jason what happened.”
“I don’t know Stephanie why don’t you tell me what happened. I followed you scared about what would happen to you. But when I got to your place the stupid door man wouldn’t let me in. Finally when I showed him a picture of you in my wallet he let me up. When the elevator opens some women comes out half naked screaming how she didn’t need Matt and was calling you a stuck up bitch. So now I was really worried. I went up and guess what. I heard yelling then silence and finally a gunshot followed by your scream.” Tears where racing down his cheeks as he practically yelled at me.
“Do you know how scared I was Stephanie? I thought you where dead. I smashed open the door and found you just crumpled on the floor like a broken puppet. You looked so beaten up and . . . and I just thought it was over that he’d won. That you where dead and I’d never see your cute aqua eyes looking at me again or I would never hear your voice again. And the last time you saw me we where fighting.” I was crying now too as I crawled across the bed and put my feet on the cold tile floor. I tried to stand but fell.
Jason jumped up and caught me. He sat back down on the bed with me in his lap.
“Jason I’m so sorry.” I said burying my face in my shoulder as we cried. He buried his face in my hair.
“Never do this again Stephanie. Do you hear me? I will never allow you to leave me. I’ve lost almost all the people I love and I won’t loose you.” He choked out his voice shaky from his sobs. I nodded.
“I-I promise.” I whispered. We sat like for a while until remembered Matt.
“What happened to Matt?” I asked and was met by silence. I looked up and saw Jason’s eyes where cold.
“Jason?”
“He shot himself in the heart.” Now it was my term to freeze.
“Is he okay?” I ask quietly. Jason tightens his hold on me.
“He didn't have time to bleed out and the gun wasn't big enough to kill him right away. Sadly.” I relax against him and Jason looks down at me and brushes my hair from my face.
“Are you happy he's alive?” It's silent again then Jason asks me a question.
“Yes.” I whisper. Jason kisses my forehead.
“Your not going back to him right?”
“No.” I say right away.
“He almost killed me. I'll make sure he's okay then I wont ever talk to him again.” I say sharply. Jason hugs me even closer and I look up at him. He leans down and kisses me softly. I lean into the kiss as Jason cups my face in his hands. I pull away when my lip throbs making me remember Kim's beating. I touch my cheek and Jason runs his fingers over my cheek.
“I look horrible don't I?”
“Well you got beat but it'll heal.” Jason says smirking. I smile.
“Jason I want to be with you but I'm going to need a month or two to just be by myself. Okay?” Jason smiles.
“Of course Goldilocks I just love to be around you. I love everything about you.”
“And Jason I'm going to need you to go to a psychiatrist with me.”
“Why?”
“I need to now what’s wrong with me.” I explain and Jason looks confused but his face smooths over once he looks at me.
“Okay I'll do anything.” I rest his head against his chest. I was ready to go on with my life. I hoped it included Jason but for the next few months I needed to be by myself and just figure out my life since Matt had taken mine from me when I was sixteen. As Jason peppered kisses across my bruises making me laugh. I wanted to be happy but would Matthew really let me go.
♠ ♠ ♠
My playlist for the story click >here< -- to listen while you read I listened to the three days graces ones while writing this chapter.
I can actually see an ending in sight for this story. Not too soon but i can see it.
New slash story about demons, slave and masters. Please check it out.

Thanks for commenting
akanevampire19
XtremeFairy
xohunnyxo
ThatWeirdChick96

Comment and subscribe please!