Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 28

I want to do horrible unspeakable things to the person who came up with 24 hour IHop concept. Having to deal with drunk costumers spilling syrup all over the place is never how I wanted to spend my Friday nights. I sat at the bar by the kitchen resting my chin in my hands and every once in a while glancing over at the group of guys at table six. I was bored but was happy business had slowed down as it should at twelve O clock at night.
“Hey waitress can I get a refill?” Some guy named Brandon at table six yelled and then everyone at his table dissolved into a fit of laughter. I slid off the bar stool and yanked on my shorts before walking over to the table with a pitcher of ice tea. I poured more into his cup then smiled.
“Is that all sir?” I asked politely and his eyes raked over my small frame before he smiled back at me.
“What are you doing later?” I sighed and resisted the urge to roll my eyes.
“Why does it matter?”
“Because my friends and I are heading over to the strip later and I’d love for you to come with us.” I shook my head.
“No thank you.” I said and pivoted on my heels to go back to the bar. I saw the door open and started to walk toward it when someone grabbed my arm and yanked me back.
“Come on Stephanie.” Brandon whined and I cursed my name tag as I tried to pull my arm back but he held it firmly in place.
“Let go of me.” I said through clenched teeth but he held on.
“I think the lady said to let go.” He released me looking scared and I rubbed the crook of my arm which was where he’d been holding me. I looked toward my savior and saw Carlos Valentino. He looked calm and collected but there was a air around him that gave off a godfather vibe.
“I think you should pay for your meal and leave.” Brandon nodded and I took the receipt from my apron pocket. He paid then his friends and him hurried out. I sighed in relief as I picked up their dishes.
“Thank you Mr. Valentino.” I said and he smiled.
“It’s okay I love saving damsels in distress.”
“I hate being one.” I sighed again and he tilted my chin up.
“Well Miss. Summers you have a vulnerability about you and that’s going top attract some bad characters.” I smiled falsely.
“Great.” Carlos chuckled and I swept my arm toward the whole dining room.
“You cans sit wherever. I’ll be with you in a second I just have to clean up this table.” Carlos nodded and went and sat in a large table against a wall. I cleaned up the table then took the dishes into the kitchen for the kitchen staff to wash and came back out to wipe up the table. I glanced over at Carlo’s table and my breath stopped. Sitting across from Carlos was Matthew. His blond waves where a little longer and he seemed tired as he talked to Carlos. I hadn’t pressed any charges against anyone but Kim so he wasn’t in jail but I still hadn’t seem him since I checked to make sure he was alive in the hospital. The last time I saw him he was hooked up to a million machines as still as a corpse and just as pale. Now he looked returned to normal if a little thinner. The door opened again and Romeo walked in. He caught sight of me standing there like a deer caught in headlights and waved at me then winked and went to sit by his father and my ex. I hurriedly wiped up the table then put the rag back and after hyperventilating in the kitchen for a minute I walked out to take their orders.

Matt P.O.V.
I walked into the IHop and I saw Carlos sitting in the corner at a small table looking at a menu and I walked over and sat down.
“Why hello Mr. Sykes. How have you been doing?” He asked looking up briefly. I rubbed the scar on my chest absently.
“Good.”
No more suicide attempts in the future?” He asked looking up again but this time he kept looking at me wile I answered.
“No Sir.” I said meeting his burning hazel gaze. He looked back down at the menu.
“Good because I would hate to loose all the money I’ve invested your club.” I looked away as my nails dig into the wood of the table. The last two months had been a blur of hospital stays, business meetings with the Valentinos, and lots of sex and drugs to numb the pain of Stephanie leaving. When I’d come home from the hospital all I found was the stuff I’d bought her still sitting neatly in the dresser and the final blow was the silver promise ring sitting on my pillow it’s chain coiled around it. After that I took all her stuff and threw it away all except for the ring. I just couldn’t do it. So instead it rested against my chest under my t-shirt. Every time I thought about her my chest would ache until I felt like I was drowning. That could be fixed for a few hours with a couple bottles of Sky vodka and ecstasy. What hurt the most was all those nightmare where every horrible thing I’d done to her would play over and over like a broken record.
“Hey pops Matt.” Romeo said plopping down next to his father with a smile.
“Romeo make sure you arrive early then whoever your meeting when you’re doing this kind of business.” Carlos said and Romeo rolled his eyes as he ran a hand through his head.
“Of course dad I’m sorry.” He said and they looked at each other for a second before Carols and I started talking about the new club. Romeo attention was on something behind me but I ignored it until I heard her voice.
“Are you ready to order?” My head snapped up and my eyes widened when I saw Stephanie. Her curls where in a loose ponytail and she had it laying on her shoulder. My eyes immediately slipped over her body and I could feel the lower half of my body stirring as I took in her small curves.
“Hey Angel.” Romeo said and she smiled.
“Hi Romeo do you know what your ordering?”
“What would you order?”
“The berry crepes.” I said and her eyes slid to me for a quarter of a second before she nodded.
“Yeah the crepes are pretty good.” Romeo smiled at her a flirty tone in her voice which made me clench my jaw.
“Then I’ll have a berry crepe.” Stephanie wrote it down and I watched her wishing I could take her back home with me and just trace every curve on her sleek body and have her sing quietly to me.
“I’ll have some chocolate waffles.” Carlos said and after writing his order down Stephanie looked at me reluctantly.
“You?” She said her eyes on the notepad in her graceful hands. She knew what I wanted every time we came here we ordered the same thing.
“The big top breakfast.” I said looking away from her. Stephanie nodded.
“I’ll bring your food to you shortly.” She said before walking toward the kitchen. Romeo watched her walk away before he spoke.
“Nice ass.” He said reclining back in the booth. I glared at him and he held up his hands.
“My bad I forgot you guys dated.” Romeo said with a smirk.
“Well I’m over her.” I said tapping my fingers on the table. Romeo cocked an eyebrow.
“So you wouldn’t mind if I fucked her?’
‘Romeo!” Carlos growled.
“What? He said he’s over her but I want to make sure. I’d hate to mess up a perfectly good relationship over a girl.” He said with a sarcastic edge. I closed my eyes for a second and rubbed my temples before I spoke,
“Go ahead but it’ll be hard. Stephanie doesn’t jump into bed with anyone.” I said looking at the different flavors of syrup that where on the table.
“I’ve always like a challenge.” Romeo said. A few minutes later another women came out and gave us our food.
“Hey where did Stephanie go” Romeo asked sticking out his bottom lip. The women pushed her messy brown hair from her face before asking.
“She asked me to switch shifts with her apparently some guys before yall scared her away.” The women said. Carlos frowned.
“Well Miss-“
“Sarah.”
“Sarah I hope Stephanie knows we wouldn’t let someone hurt her.” He said and Sarah shrugged.
“She’s only been working here for almost two months but I can tell she’s independent so she wouldn’t want much help. But anyway she said she knew yall so that I should treat you nice. So holler if you need anything.” With that Sarah walked away hips swaying. Romeo pouted.
“Aww I wanted to flirt with Stephanie.” He said and I shoved a bite of pancake in my mouth to avoid saying anything. Carlos started eating his food too but Romeo pushed his away.
“Not hungry?’ Carlos asked dryly and Romeo shrugged.
“Nah I just wanted to get on her good side.” I tightened my grip on the fork and focused on anything else besides shoving it down Romeo’s throat.

Stephanie P.O.V.

I lean against the icy cold pole as I wait for the bus. The air was warm but slightly windy making it a perfect night. Around me I could hear crickets playing their night time symphony as I sang along softly to S&M by Rihanna as it played on my ipod. I only had one of my ear buds in as I checked the time on my phone and bit my lip. The bus was late meaning I probably wouldn’t make it home till eleven. I sighed as I slipped my phone back into my pocket. I still couldn’t believe I’d seen Matt. It had been so hard to ignore him without wanting to beg for his forgiveness like all the other times I pissed him off or at least attempting to hurt him in some way. The two thoughts had assaulted my brain so much I had to call another waitress to finish off my shift.
“Princess haven’t I told you about being out late at night?” A voice said huskily. I gasped and whirled around. Romeo was standing against the bus stop structure his arms crossed over his chest as his leafy green eyes gazed seductively into mine. I paused my Ipod and wrapped my headphone around it before tucking it into my bag.
“Romeo shouldn’t you be eating?” I asked as my heartbeat slowed back down. Romeo chuckled as he pushed away from the bus stop and walked toward me.
“Princess-”
“Stephanie.” I said sternly. Ever since Mathew I’d tried to stop people from using nick names. They where more personal a way of making a person theirs or at least it was in my little battered brain, So beside Jason who only called me Goldilocks when we where alone no one had a nick name for me. Well Anna sometimes called me Steph but that was okay. A pout slid onto Romeo’s soft looking lips as he came even closer and grabbed a lock of my hair and played with it.
“Can I still call you Angel?” He asked softly and I shook my head.
“No.”
“Why? Would It’s not like your dating Matt anymore” He asked and I pulled away.
“Yeah well Mathew taught me I should be more careful with who I date .” I say looking for the bus. I also hadn’t seriously started dating Jason. We’d made out a few times and I loved it. His kisses where just so intoxicating and the way he shivered whenever I nibbled on his bottom lip drove me insane. I liked Jason I truly did but after everything with Matthew I didn’t want to jump into a relationship. Romeo crossed his arms over his chest again and pouted.
“Why are you being so cold Angel?”
“Because you won’t call me by my name!” I said getting annoyed. Romeo was a reminder of my old life and I was trying to avoid even thinking about my old life except for the lessons it taught me. Romeo grabs my arm then pulls me flush against his chest and presses his lips softly to mine. His cologne was intoxicating and I gasp softly as his tongue traces my lips delicately before he pulls away. His eyes seemed clouded over and a smirk had settled on his lips. He looked so damn edible. He brushed my hair back as he I tried to calm myself down. I felt hot and I think he knew.
“Come on Stephanie let me take you home it’s dangerous for a woman as beautiful as you to be alone at night.” He whispered and I hesitated and he clasped his hands together.
“Please? I promise I’ll be good. Or I’ll just stalk you all the way to your place.” He said and after a second I nodded and let him lead me to his car. It was a different car then last time and I asked him about it.
"How many cars do you have?" He shrugged.
"A lot. Some people collect postcards or rocks I collect cars." Romeo opened the door for me then shut it and rolled across the hood to get to his side. I was laughing as he got in and started the car.
“You’re a moron.” I said and he shrugged.
“I’m a lot of things. Now what’s your address” told him and we rode in silence for a few minutes until he turned on the radio.
“You better get up out the way,
Tomorrow we'll rise so we fight today,
And no, I don't give a fuck what you think and say,
'Cause we are gonna rock this whole place anyway.”
“Whose this?” I asked and he threw me a look of disbelief.
“You don’t know who Hollywood Undead is?” I shook my head and he groaned.
“ I’m going to have to take you to their concert. They’ll be here in June.” I looked out the window.
“I don’t know . . .”
“Why? You said you weren’t dating that asshole anymore.”
“But now I’ve been talking to this other guy.” I said and Romeo stopped the car in the middle of an intersection. There where no cars because the neighborhood died out at this time of night but I still got worried.
“Romeo can you drive what if a car comes?”
“Na uh. Not until you say you’ll give me a chance.”
“Romeo this isn’t funny!” I said as I looked out my window checking for cars. A saw a pair of headlights and turned to Romeo. He was resting his elbows on the steering wheel as he stared at me.
“Say you’ll give me a chance first.”
“Romeo there’s a fucking car coming!” I yelled and he smirked.
‘Nice I got Angel to cuss.” I looked back out my window and saw more cars coming. My breathing sped up as the car lights washed over me. Dots filled my vision as my heart thudded in my throat.

Desiree P.O.V.
“Okay Romeo go!” He slid the car into drive and drove just as the cars whizzed by us. I stared at them through the back windshield and once we stopped at another red light I opened my car door and got out. I slammed the door then started walking. I recognized the area and only had two more blocks to walk.
“Stephanie.” Romeo said as he drove beside me.
“Go away you fucktard.” I said bitterly and Romeo let his head fall back onto his seat.
“I’m sorry Stephanie. I was just joking. Please get back in.” I shook my head. I started to cross the opening of an alley when Romeo cut me off. I groaned.
“Leave me alone!” He was hot but he had no right to treat us like that. One thing I hated was cocky egotistical guys who thought girls fought over who got to fuck him first.
“No. I was just joking and it was payback for standing me up.” He said and I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.
“Oh did little old me hurt you feelings?” I taunted and Romeo slid over to the passenger side then got out and leaned against his car.
“I’ve never been stood up before and I felt like fuckin moron when I waited at that bar for almost an hour. So you deserved it.” He said annoyance seeping into his voice. I rolled my eyes then tried to walk past him but he grabbed me and pushed me against his car gently.
“Stephanie stop acting like this that.” He said.
“Stop acting like a spoiled rich brat.” I shot back.
Romeo stared hard at me before mashing his lips against mine. I groaned and dug my nails into his shoulders through his thin jacket. His hands dropped to my butt where he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I let my head fall back so he could pepper kisses along my neck as I gripped his shoulder tightly.
“Romeo.” I moaned. His hands played with my fly and that’s when I pushed him away. I was not going to do him in front of an alley or anytime soon. I think Mr. Valentino needed a women to teach him that he couldn’t always get what he wanted when he wanted it.
“Take me home.” I said breathing shallowly. Romeo grinned as he pulled me off of his car.
“Okay.” He opened the door for me and after he got in he drove the last few blocks to Canyon Lakes my apartments. We drove to the front of my building and he started trying to find a spot to park.
“Na ah.” I said and he turned to me with a confused expression.
“What?”
“You are not coming up tonight my dear Romeo.” I said and his eyes widened a little.
“Oh Angel come on. That’s so not fair.” He whined and I shrugged.
“Life isn't not fair.” Romeo parked under a small tree and cut the engine.
“Angel you suck.” He said chuckling and I reached across and kissed the corner of his cheeks.
“Something good comes to those who wait.” I whispered into his ear. He grabbed me and pulled me so I was straddling his lap in the cramped seat.
“Romeo how do you even have sex with someone in this small ass car.” I said pressing my hands against the roof and grinding my hips into his. He allowed the smallest of sighs and he reached around until there was a click and the seat slid back then went down so he was laying down a little more.
‘Like this.” He said smirking. I leaned down and kissed him.
“Good to know.” I said against his lips then I got out and shut the door behind me. Romeo wrapped an arm around my waist from the window and I groaned.
“Let me go Romeo.”
“I am but I'm just letting you know that your a huge fucking tease.” He let me go and I watched him roar away with a smile before I headed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Romeo's car