Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 35

I popped two Advil in my mouth and chased them down with some water. My head was pounding and I’d just finished being sick. What a beautiful way to start a morning. I washed my hands then nibbled on some bread. It felt like I had a major hangover. Neko rubbed against my legs begging for my food.

“Your going to be fat when your old. You do know that right?” I said bending down to give him the crust. He snatched it then walked away hips swaying. I shook my head. I was about to stand up when I noticed the black wallet on the floor. I stood up and flipped it open. It contained a couple of credit cards and what must have been a couple of hundreds. I started looking for an ID and found it. I pulled it out. What was Romeo Valentino's wallet doing in my house?

My finger brushed over the picture. Romeo would be the only one to look hot in a driver’s license photo. I shoved the card back in then looked for a phone number. When I didn’t find one I just tucked his wallet into my purse. It must be something to do with Desiree.
I grabbed another slice of bread then flopped down on the couch. I flipped on the TV and started watching some anime show. I’d was a little more then half way through the show when my phone rung.

“Hello Stephanie Summers speaking.” I said giggling softly at the show.
“Hey Stephanie . . . it’s Jason. Can I come over on my lunch brake?” I glanced toward the clock.
“I can just meet you at work that’s about the time my shift starts.’
“No. I want to talk to you about something.”
“Um sure.”
“Okay see you soon.”
“Okay. Love you.” I said. My hand flew to my mouth. I so hadn’t meant to say that.
“I love you too.” He said sounding guilty. He hung up quickly. I shook it off and returned my attention back to my show.

The main character was slaving in the kitchen to make a bento box for the guy she liked. She couldn’t cook at all but she was putting her all into it. As I watched her I chewed thoughtfully on the inside of my cheek.

Maybe I could do that for Jason? There was a international grocery store down the street. I might even be able to find a box and make it perfect. I also had some cookie cutters I could use to cut the food into shapes. Jason liked Sushi even if I couldn’t stand it so I could just buy that. I slid off the couch and hurriedly got dressed. I googled bento boxes to see what I would need. Thirty minutes later I was in a pale pink sundress, a sunhat and sandals rushing down the stairs with my purse tossed over my shoulder.
♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥
I set the two boxes down on the counter and smiled proudly. They where filled with color and everything should taste good. They where filled with rice balls, fish, a boiled egg and a few vegetables and some fruit. Jason’s also included some sushi. I’d cut the fruit into cute shapes and it looked cute. I smiled happily as I put the vase of flowers on the bar. It was bursting with pale pink, red and white flowers. I looked around to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything. The boxes where sitting next to each other with chop sticks and regular utensils along with a cup of ginger ale.

I felt like I was missing something. Then I spotted the Pocky. Pocky was this awesome bread stick type thing. The tip could be coated on over a hundred different flavor but I’d chosen chocolate. I ate one as I waited. The clerks at the store had helped me a lot. I was going to have to go back and have them teach me how to make sushi. Jason would like that. As if on cue someone knocked on the door.

I hustled over to the door and opened it. Jason’s hair was loose and he looked so dreamy in his leather jacket. I held out my arms. He hugged me tightly then kissed me briefly on the lips.
“Hey Stephanie.” His eyes slid over to the food.
“What’s all this?”
“Go look.” I said shutting and locking the door.

Jason hopped onto a barstool and smiled.
“It looks good.” I sat down next him.
“Thanks. I got inspired watching anime. I though I’d try it out as a thank you.”
“For what?”
“For obeying my curfew even if I’ve dropped it now.” I leaned over and kissed him.
“It meant a lot to me.” I said picking up a pair of chopsticks. I speared some vegetables and popped them in my mouth. Jason did the same.

“I thought you’d actually know how to the chopsticks.” I said. Jason shook his head his mouth full of sushi.
“Nah. But it taste great thanks Stephanie.” He said once he’d swallowed. I nodded blushing happily as I took a bite of my rice ball. It felt great to make something for him.

Once we where finished I cleaned up.
“So Jason what did you want to talk about?” I said. Jason had moved to the couch and sat down next to him. He tapped a drumbeat out on his leg. I frowned and leaned my head against his shoulder.

“Is your family okay?”
“Yeah everyone’s good.”
“Well is everything okay at Oh La La!?”
“Then what’s going on?” I asked. Jason sighed. His head fell into his hands and his hair curtained his face.

I brushed his hair from his face but received no response. I slid off the couch and sat on my knees in front of him. I put my chin on his legs and looked up at his face. He looked down at me and smiled sadly. He seemed to be taking in all my features, like he might never see me again. I smiled back at him and squeezed his knee.
“Jason you can tell me anything.” I whispered. He closed his eyes.

“This isn’t going to work.”
“What isn’t?” I asked. Jason pushed his hair back from his face.
“Us.”
“Us?’ I echoed. Jason grinned and pulled me into his lap.
“Yes us in that position. I can’t kiss you like that.” Jason said. He kissed my cheek and I laughed.

“You scared me.” I said.
“I thought you where gonna break up with me.” I said sheepishly. Jason kissed me on the lips. The kiss lasted so long I felt my heart beat quicken. I pulled him closer and he did the same. Jason groaned when I shifted in his lap.

I pulled back and laid my head on his chest.
“I feel like a teenager.” I said. He chuckled and rubbed my back.
“Wow does that make me the experienced college guy?”
“Yep.” I said giggling. Jason gripped my chin and pulled my face up. He leaned down and my eyes fluttered closed. Instead of kissing me his lips went to my ear.

“Stephanie I think we need to break up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my commenters
akanevampire19

XtremeFairy

Unspoken_Lies <-Best. Comment. Ever.