Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 47

Puck didn’t say anything else. He just stormed up to his room and slammed the door shut behind him.

“So…” I trailed off to myself, looking around the living room, “I guess that puts an end to making out…”

Tip-toeing to my bedroom, I couldn’t help but let all my anger wash through me. How could Finn have ruined Puck’s and my relationship? How was that fair in the slightest? And did he know that if he ruined it, I wouldn’t choose him anyway? I didn’t have any romantic feelings for Finn. I only had them for Puck.

And Puck was pissed at me, even though I stopped what had almost happened. Even though I made sure that I was completely true to him. How was that fair?

Stopping in my tracks, I realized that I was pacing back and forth in front of my mirror. Noting that it was only seven ten, I flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I wanted Puck to come into my room and say that he was sorry for being angry at me, that it wasn’t my fault, but I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

After all, wasn’t it partially my fault? I didn’t take notice to any of Puck’s warnings, shrugged him off. And obviously, I must have been sending some sort of signal that I liked him, if he tried to kiss me.

“UGH!” I yelled, shoving the heels of my palms into my eyes. “I hate this. I hate Finn so much.”

Downstairs, Puck’s mother came home a bit earlier than Puck had estimated, and she called that she had brought subs home from a local Jewish deli. Everything was totally kosher.

Emerging from my room, I noticed that Puck was already halfway down the hallway, not even bothering to take a glance back at me. Keeping my eyes fixed on the ground, I made my way into the kitchen and got my sandwich.

Puck didn’t look at me, not once. His mother kept looking back and forth between us, obviously sensing the awkward air between us.

Finally, she sighed. “Did Noah get you pregnant?” she questioned. Most parents would sound upset when they asked that, but she just sounded like, ‘Oh, dear, here we go again.’

“No,” I answered, but Puck just grunted and walked away. Trailing a good twenty feet, I followed him up the stairs and down the hallway, but, like I expected, he slammed his door shut to keep me out.

“Puck,” I sighed softly, knocking on his door. “Can we please talk? You can’t ignore me forever. We kind of live in the same house.”

He didn’t answer me, so I took that as an okay. After shutting the door behind me, I shuffled over to his bed and sat down.

“Shouldn’t you be going into Finn’s room?” he snapped at me condescendingly. “I bet you slept with him, even though you won’t let me in your pants.”

“Can you stop being insecure for five seconds while I tell you what happened?” I argued.

He shut his mouth for once, so I continued with my story. “Okay, we were talking, and then he leaned in to kiss me. And you know what I did, Puck?” There was no answer from him, but he winced. “I pulled away. I stood up and got away from him. I don’t have any romantic feelings for Finn, and we didn’t even kiss. He just tried.”

“Really?” The tone in his voice told me that he wasn’t really buying it, so I pulled his chin up so he was looking straight at me.

“Really. I don’t have any feelings for Finn. I didn’t know that Finn liked me, but you don’t have to worry about me cheating on you because those feelings aren’t reciprocated.”

He cracked a grin and kissed me quickly, his lips tasting like whatever was in his sub. Then, as he took another bite of his sandwich, his eyes narrowed. “Finn’s going to die tomorrow.”

Normally, I would have tried to talk him out of it, but instead, I just unwrapped my sub, hoping that Finn knew that he was in big, big trouble.

* * *

“HUDSON!” Puck roared down the hallway, his voice carrying over the murmur of all the other voices.

Finn was at his locker, so he turned to face Puck, his face not showing any emotion. It always shocked me just how much taller than Puck Finn was, even though Puck wasn’t short at all.

“Look,” Finn tried to reason, “Ellie didn’t-”

“I know she didn’t. But you? You did.” He snapped a punch forward, the hit landing somewhere in the middle of Finn’s face.

And then there was a mess of punches and shoves. I tried to keep track of who was throwing what, but it was really hard. Eventually, Puck smashed Finn into a locker, sending a loud metallic sound through the hallway.

“What is going on here?!” Mr. Schue screamed, pulling Puck away from Finn.

Puck didn’t answer, too busy with sending expletive after expletive in Finn’s direction before Mr. Schue finally started sending him down the hallway.

“Both of you are going to Figgins’ office right now.”

My eyes went wide, not wanting Puck to get in trouble. But I wasn’t stupid, I knew that Puck was going to be the one to get in the majority of trouble for the fight. After all, he was the one that came into the school and started the whole thing.

Ugh. Oh my God…what if Puck got expelled? That would be so unfair. After all, he was only trying to get back at Finn for almost kissing me…

“Mr. Schue!” I called after them. “Don’t send Puck down to the office. It’s not his fault. I…I told him to beat up Finn.”

Ignoring the painful look that Finn sent me, I kept my eyes locked on Mr. Schuester.

“Ellie, I’m disappointed. Puck’s still coming to the office, but you can join us.”

I twisted my face and followed, wringing my hands. Puck looked behind him and mouthed, ‘Nice try.’

Yeah, nice try. Too bad all I did was drag me into the equation…

Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY FOR VACATIONS! Ha-ha.