Aim High, Never Rest

First Date

Walking through my apartment, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. So not being able to take my phone out at the time, I sat in a nearby seat in the living room area and put the bags I was carrying next to my feet. I checked my phone to see who could be texting me. It was James.

You. Me. Date. Later Today!

I thought it was a little werid that I don't remember giving James my number or reviving his in return. The text was even weird itself. Wasn't he suppose to be in school around this time. I took a glance at the new watch I was wearing to make sure of the time. Yeah he should be in claas right about now.

Speaking of which, that is where I should be. But since I had another commercial shoot booked I didn't have to go to class. I was thankful for that anyways.

My mind went back to the text that James had sent to me. Was he really thinking about taking me out on another 'date' or whatever. As many times I told him that what we did wasn't a date, he insisted that it was. Now I just let him say whatever. But I should probably tell him that this isn't a date either, that is if I agree to go.

Going through the rest of my messages, I heard a knock at the door. I sighed and got up to go answer the door. I opened it to see a tall Kendall leaning against the door frame with a small. I cocked an eyebrow to what he could possibly want or need.

"Hello Carley."

"Kendall." I say a little skeptic. I didn't dislike Kendall but I rarely considered him a friend of mine. I guess he's more of an acquaintance if than anything.

"I came to talk." He stood up and walked past me, letting himself in. I closed the door behind him. "This is a pretty nice apartment, you live alone?" He sat in the love seat that was put in the middle of the room.

I just stood the with my arms crossed over my chest looking.at him. "Yes I do but I know the reason you came here is to not ask me about my living conditions."

"Alright, alright." Kendall sat up on the couch. "I know you have a thing for Jordan." He said bluntly.

Almost automatically I felt my face flush a little just the thought of Jordan. How could he possibly think that? "And how did you come up with that?" I asked switching my weight between legs.

"I seen you talking to him not to long ago and you had that look in your eye," I had admit that was sort of corny to say. "plus, why else would Maxine be pissed at you." Just the mention of that girl turned my mood around at that moment.

"What makes you think that Jordan would like someone like that?"

"Oh I know." He got off the couch and walked towards the door. "All in saying is that if you want him, you gotta be up for the fight." And with that he walked out the door.

"Whatever." I say to myself going into my room.

-----

I stood in front of the full-length mirror that was on the back of the bedroom door. I stared down what I had picked out to wear that night for the 'date' James had planned. Yes, I decided to go. I wasn't doing anything anyways, so I'll rather be out and about than stuck in here doing nothing. I didn't know what time he was coming so I just guessed it was the same as last time.

I didn't really know what to wear on, since I had no idea where he's taking me. I just settled on a high waist miniskirt with a tucked in blouse. Nothing really fancy, so I hope he wasn't taking me anywhere fancy. If my clothes weren't special, then my hair was anything but. There was a knock on the door and I knew it was James. I let out a gust of air as I walked to the door. I opened the door to find him standing there with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't wearing anything to extravagant either, so I guess we weren't going anywhere special.

"You look nice Carley, not that you look nice everyday." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Um thanks, I guess you look nice also." There was a semi awkward silence before I stepped completely out to lock the door.

"Well lets go." We walked to the elevators.

Walking out of the building, I couldn't help to look back at the sight of Maxine and Jordan together. Did he really like her? If he did why? I know I probably shouldn't be thinking about it but I couldn't help it. I bet Maxine was just loving it.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to get my mind off it. I looked at James, he had a huge grin on his face.

"Where going to play the the best sport known to mankind!" He said, sounded like he was a 10 year old boy.

By time we got where I guess we were supposed to be, James and I were standing in front of a building that had huge sign that read LA Ice Skating Rink on it. "You brought me here to ice skate?" I asked we walked throught the rotating door.

"No, I brought you here to play hockey!" OK that was worst.

"If I knew we were going to be in an ice rink, I would have probably put on pants." I say putting on the skates he gave me.

"Yeah sorry about that." He chuckled as he went out on to the ice. The whole rink was empty. Which made me wonder, did he really plan all if this? I didn't know if he was capable of that.

"Aren't you coming!" He called out to me.

"Uh I don't know about this," I've been ice skating a couple time but every time I would just fall on my butt. So I took ice skating as not my thing. I didn't want to go out there and embarrass the hell of myself. On top of that I had a skirt on so it would go beyond falling flat on my ass.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine." James said skating in a circle.

But I also didn't want to disappoint James. And after he thought of all this. I guess I just have to suck it up. I took in a deep breath and stumbled towards the ice."Here let me help you." Before I could protest, he took hold of my hand. James was now leading me out into the ice. I didn't notice it but I was holding on James so tightly, I'm sure I was somewhat cutting off his circulation in his hand.

I know I must have the stupidest expression on my face because well I was scared shitless of course. I didn't want to fall, I was trying not to. I heard James chuckle as I struggled in his grasp. "Don't laugh at me, this isn't funny."

"Maybe not to you." He chuckled again. I would have shot him a glare but I was too preoccupied on trying not to have my butt touch the ice. I noticed he tried to pull me over to where an hockey net stood placed. Then I remembered he did want us to play hockey. Which at the moment was pretty dangerous for me.

"Um I don't that playing hockey is good for me." I said mention the situation I'm in.

"I guess we could just skate around until you're comfortable enough to skate on your own." He said beginning to move again. "But I do plan to whop some tail in some hockey today!" He smirked. I couldn't control but smile at his cockiness. What he don't know is that I do have competitive side to me.I be damn if Iet him win...even if I don't know how to skate at all.

To be honest I couldn't wait to see the rest of what he had planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Out of all my chapters I like this one the most...so far. I thought my chapter title was a little cliche but I laughed at it. =)

Chapter title credits go to ;;Blink 182