Aim High, Never Rest

Southern Hospitality

I hugged the jacket to my torso as I stared down the dirty blond haired boy in front of me. My eyes locked with his as I got even more into my character. We were on the set of South Air for another episode. "You don't know me, so stop pretending you do." I yelled once the boy, Luke was his name, was done with his line. I pushed my hair back as the wind whipped my loosely curls around my face. There was mascara running down my cheeks as did the fake tears that were spilling out my sockets. It was surprisingly easy to cry.

The weather wasn't any help to my outfit either. Which consisted of fishnet stockings, jean shorts, a halter top, jean jacket, and black ankle boots. I was supposedly coming from a complete, out of control, party. The outfit wasn't me but it was 100% my character. And I think it fit her well.

"Think about it Loraine, take a good look at what you're doing to yourself. Is it really worth it.?" He yelled over the harsh winds and shot pretend daggers at me. "You have to stoop so low just to get a little attention and for what?" He said with almost a hint of both sadness and disgust. Like I said this boy was really good.

"And cut!" The director shouted from the sidelines. "Luke and Carley, you did great, we'll pick this scene up again later on." And that was the end of my day on the set. They'll probably call me back in a couple days anyways.

I was lead back into the building and into my dressing room. Yes I had my own dressing room, it wasn't as big as the main characters but it was a dressing room nonetheless. I didn't really take fancy to a small room like this but you know what they say, beggers can't be choosers and I defiantly tried not complain as possible. No one likes a complainer.

After getting dressed in my previous outfit. I walked over to the mirror and began to remove the pounds of make up that was put on my face earlier that day. I like wearing makeup but this was ridiculous. I used about ten wet wipes to get rid of the color off my face. I was just about done when there was a light knock on my door. I put down the rest of the wipes and walked over to the door.

Twisting the knob, opening the door to reveal Luke, the boy who play my opposite, on the other side. I greeted him with a smile as he did the same. I liked his smile. It seemed so warm and welcoming, somewhat like home. He wasn't a bad looking guy either. He had shaggy hair that only a guy like him could really pull off, his body was well built, and ocean blue eyes. He also had one of those country accents. He would always practice trying to hide it for his character. Luke just reminded me of an all american boy.

"Hey Luke, what's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted a ride back to the Palm Woods," He pushed his hands into his pockets, something I found out he did when he was nervous. Which was weird, why would he be nervous now? "Since I have to go by there anyways."

I thought about it for a moment. My manger, Robert was suppose to be on his way back to the studio but he's always fashionably late.I rolled my eyes at the thought of him. "Um yeah sure, just let me get the rest of my things." He nodded his head and waited outside the door as I went to get my belongings. After checking the room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything before I left. I couldn't leave my stuff here since I wouldn't be back for a couple days. So while I'm gone they're probably just gonna give the room to someone else who guess stars on the show. "OK I'm ready to go." I walked out the room and he stood and walked towards me.

"Here let me take that for you." Luke reached for one of my many bags. I tried not to give him my bag but he insisted that he carry at least one, saying it was southern hospitality, that's what he called it where he came from. I just nodded my head and reluctantly let him take my bag. I still felt a little bad for letting him carry my bag but he said it was alright, so I let it go.

He had a really nice car. One of the nicest cars I've seen here. It was a Mustang GT 2012. Now it was nice and all but my mind wandered to my safety as I got closer and closer to the car. He opened the passenger door for me but I just stared at it. He gave me a questioning look when I didn't get in. "Are sure it's safe to...ride in that thing?" I whispered the last part, for reasons I don't even know.

He laughed at question and shook his head. "Yes, I'm pretty sure it's safe." He grabbed my hand hand guided me into the passenger seat. It was even nicer inside the car than it was outside. I was in complete awe, since I have never been in a car this fancy. You can't really count a limo because those get pretty boring after awhile.

"So I hear you're gonna be in Restless Style," He looked up from his mint chocolate chip ice cream. "are you excited?" We had stopped for ice cream awhile ago since it was decided that I didn't have anything important to do for awhile and Luke wouldn't have to go to set for another hour or so.

"Yeah, more nervous than anything." I put a small scoop of my chocolate ice cream in my mouth. After swallowing it, I looked at him again. "I mean I've never really done anything like this before, yeah I'd a coupe of commercials but this seems different." I sighed once I was done.

"I remember when I had my fist shoot, I was so nervous I almost puked everywhere." I scrunched my nose and laughed with him. "It got easier over time. Don't worry, you're a natural."

I blushed a little at his comment. I think that was compliment. I was gonna take it anyways, even if it wasn't, though I'm pretty sure it was. "Thanks." I looked down at the ice cream in front of me. "Speaking of natural, I shouldn't be eating so freely this close to the shoot."

"What are you talking about, you're practically skinny." I think that was another compliment, it's really hard to tell from him. I guess he could notice the confusion on my face. "I meant I like a girl with a little meat on her bones, I wouldn't want her skin hanging off her." That didn't really make it any better but to save face I just smiled and thanked him. He was satisfied and went back to eat his ice cream, I joined him.

Somehow Luke's confusing complimenting made me feel a little better about the photoshoot. He seemed easy to talk to.
♠ ♠ ♠
YES! I finally got this chapter out! Sorry it's so short.