Aim High, Never Rest

Hey, Princess

"Damn, that chick really creeps me out" I mumbled more like to myself at the goth looking girl who carried a frightening negative attitude.

We piled out of the elevator, walking towards and the lotion girl's talking figures on the couch..

"Well get used to it. I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of her in the future" Carlos patted my shoulder as if to comfort me. It didn't help at all.

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah"

Looking around, I noticed someone missing.

"Where's Kendall?" 

"Over here!" someone replied to my question. 

We all turned to Kendall, who just exited from the elevator... Alone. 

"Uh... Kendall, where's..."

"Maxine?" he said with some sort of grimace on his face.

Collin groaned loudly, "what did she do this time?"

"More like say" I mumbled, earning a few glares, as if they wanted to say "no shit, Sherlock"

"Now I really wonder, what was that?" Kendall held his hands up in exasperation.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'm not really sure. She yells stuffs at me and I kinda got bored so I decided to mess with her"

"That sounds a lot like what you do with Gustavo doesn't it?" Carlos spoke up. Kendall nodded with an alarmed look.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure you misunderstood this Maxine girl" Kandi spoke up from her spot on the couch.

"No we didn't" the three of us, excluding Collin, replied in unison.

"She has her reasons" Collin shook his head.

"Well?" Kendall gave him a look, cocking his eyebrows slightly.

"Well what?"

"Are you going to share?"

"Thats her business"

"I don't care anyways" Kendall shrugged, walking into the pool. 

"Bye Kendall" I mumbled sarcastically at his retreating figure.

"So I'm going to go find Maxine and see if the other guys are awake yet" Collin excused himself and left for the elevator.

"And guys?" Kandi finally spoke up for the second time after our dramatic entrance to her and lotion girl's personal space. She gesticulated towards the lotion girl.

"She's Carley. She just got here today"

"Hi" the lotion girl, Carley, smiled shyly.

"I'm Carlos!" he gave her a peppy wave.

"Hannah" I said with no specialty in my introduction.

Silence fell between the four of us, making me feel extremely awkward. But thankfully, Carlos spoke up.

"Hey Hannah?" Carlos started, looking at me curiously.

"Carlos?" 

"Do you want me to show you around Palm Woods park?" 

"There's a Palm Woods park?"

"Yeah definitely. It's very cool there. We usually go there during our off days. If we're not in the pool anyways. Kendall's mom goes there a lot to run and all the fun stuff" 

I played with the pearl beads hung around my neck.

"That's a really nice necklace you got there" he pointed out.

"Thanks, Carlos. My sister gave them to me after pearls' off season"

"Pearls have off seasons? What does that mean?" he asked me dumbly.

"Oh, meaning it's not in style anymore" I elaborated.

"Oh, okay" he just nodded, never ceasing the grin on his face. This guy is really bubbly. It even makes me happier being around him. 

"Hannah!" the familiar high pitched annoying voice called out, breaking that happy mood I just so-happened to mention. 

I rolled my eyes, giving Carlos a warning glare. He still stared at me dumbly, not getting the obvious message.

"Cassie" I fake grinned.

"Who's your friend here?" my sister gestured to the guy beside me.

"This is Car..." I crossed my arms and pursed my lips at the sight of Carlos staring dreamingly at Cassie. "...los" I finished.

"You wanna go to the movies with me tonight?" Carlos asked my sister dazzlingly.

"Eww, no. You're way out of my league" Carlos frowned. "But I will consider the idea if you go get me a glass of soda" she winked.

"Okay" Carlos replied cheerfully before running off into the pool.

"From the pool? Eww" Cassie's face distorted with disgust. 

Words can't describe how furious I am with Cassie. How can she use her look to hypnotize one of my only new friends here? Carlos is the nicest guy I've met so far in my sixteen years of living life and Cassie decided to wreck his lacking ego?

"Tell your loser friend I say 'bye'" Cassie rolled her eyes and walked out through the main lobby door to outside. 

"I got your..." Carlos came back from the pool with a glass cup of orange soda. "Where's..."

"She left" I shook my head.

"Who's she?"

"So you asked her out to the movies, and you don't know who the hell she is" I almost wanted to roll my eyes.

"Pretty much"

"That's my sister"

"Ouch" 

"Yes, ouch. Carlos, your my friend now so for this friendship, can you keep me one promise?"

"Yes, princess?" he gave me a silly grin.

"I'm serious"

"Oh" he dropped his goofy expression.

"Don't ever let my sister push you around. She may be attractive but she's going to keep treating you like this if you keep letting her"

Carlos contemplated for a few seconds before agreeing enthusiastically. 

"Now let's go to Palm Woods park" I said.

"Yeah, I have to show you the food. They are simply the best!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"What food do they have?"

"They have a corn-dog stand!"

"Corn-dog stands?" I asked as we head out the hotel.

"You never tasted corn-dogs?" he questioned me, shocked. 

"Pretty much" I shrugged.

"What have YOU been doing with your life?" he teased.

"I'm not sure, exactly" I mumbled. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter may seem short and lacking drama. I just didn't want to throw some drama scene in there. It is neccessary and uncalled for. This is just a chilling and introduction to the wrath of Hannah's evil sister chapter if that made sense.

Title credit: Allstar Weekend