Cruel

Changing

Amelia was mad. Actually, mad was a complete understatement. She was fucking furious. She wanted to go and rip that pretty face of his off his body. However, she was also completely confused, and she couldn’t quite comprehend what had just happen. All she knew was that Scabior was just about to get his ass kicked.

Once it completely dawned on her what he had just done, she jumped to her feet, ignoring the rush of blood making her dizzy, and ran to the hall. Amelia looked both ways hastily, but there was no sign of Scabior. It was as if he had vanished, and the ghost of a grin spread across her lips as she hoped he had run like hell the minute he had gotten out of the room.

Not taking any chances though, she went and banged on the guy’s room, despite doubting that Scabior had been that stupid. Oliver opened the door with a look of surprise on his face, but Amelia didn’t even say 'hello' before she walked past him and into the room. There was only Eric sitting on the bed, but the young woman could hear the water running in the bathroom, and the sudden thought that this was probably Greyback’s first shower in months was laughable.

“Is Scabior here?” she said harshly, her eyes becoming slits as she surveyed the room.

“No, we haven’t seen him since we got in the room. Why?” Arthur replied, and she could hear exasperation in his voice. When she turned around to take a proper look at him, she knew that he knew what had happened...because it had probably happened before to other unknowing women.

Amelia failed to answer, but just turned around to glare once more at the room empty of the man she was looking for before stomping back out into the hall. She knew he was probably gone now, and that she wouldn’t be able to find him before he wanted to be found, but the adrenaline was still flowing through her blood so she just continued to walk down the hall.

The young woman soon heard footsteps behind her, though, and when she looked around she saw that it was Eric. Her frown only deepened because at the moment she did not need an additional annoyance in her life, and she was almost sure that this man was going to be one.

“Wait!” the woman didn’t slacken her fast pace, holding in a sigh. “Amelia, right? We haven’t really talked since we met. You still lookin’ for Scabior? I could help.”

“Yes, I’m still looking for him. I doubt you could be any help whatsoever though.” she replied harshly, wishing that the man would go away.

“Oh well, at least it’ll give me an excuse to talk to a pretty girl. So, how long have you been a Snatcher?”

“Four months. I had a job before but it kind of dissolved.” Amelia said with an air of indifference as they reached the lobby. There was no one there except the same old receptionist, who was thankfully engrossed in watching the television.

“That’s not long. What did you do before?”

Amelia bit her lip, not wanting to reveal that she had actually worked for You-Know-Who as an assassin before, but had been fired when she had failed to do her job once. She did not like to talk about her past, mostly because she knew that if You-Know-Who ever found out that she had opened her mouth, she would be dead before she had time to blink. It was a page of her life that she wished she could burn, but that was sadly intact and didn’t want to be forgotten.

“Scabior isn’t here. I think I’m just going to go back to my room for a while.” Amelia tried to be nice with Eric by not completely cussing out and just hinting that she didn’t want to talk, but he obviously didn’t get it.

“Oh, well, do you want company? I could just come and we could talk for a while.” The way he was implying it just really wasn’t what Amelia needed at the moment, but it did give her an idea. It would be completely horrible, but she just couldn’t get Scabior out of her mind at the moment, and that’s all she wanted.

“I would love some company right now.”

Eric didn’t feel like Scabior felt. It didn’t feel as if everything was fiery and perfect, it didn’t feel like there was a hole being filled inside of her. It felt as if something was being ripped apart inside of her, and Eric’s touch on her body felt numb. It was nice, but it wasn’t anything she’d remember. His hands travelled on her body as his lips searched for hers, but Amelia had turned her head to the side so as not to meet his eyes. She could pretend that it wasn’t Eric straddling her. But as she thought this, anger seemed to flare once more inside of her and she hastily pulled Eric’s body on her even more so they pressing together even more tightly. Her hand made its way behind his way as she pressed their lips together fiercely, almost laughing at the bulge in Eric’s pants.

She detached her lips to start kissing down his neck, smirking as he moaned her name. This was just a tad too easy.

“Ain’t seen nothin’ yet, babe.”

Just as she said those words, though, she felt the weight on her vanish and Eric was ripped off of her by a furious looking Scabior. The latter threw the other man on the ground and pulled out his wand in the flash of a second, before stupefying him so that Eric was instantly knocked out.

“What the fuck are you doing!?” he then turned and yelled at Amelia, who was still lying on the messed up bed.

“What the hell does it look like I’m doing?” Amelia sat up straighter, glaring at Scabior, who was drenched; he had probably been outside.

“You don’t just go around fucking people like that! What were you thinking?!”

The young woman’s breath hitched in her throat, but she didn’t have time to suppress the words that poured out of her mouth at that moment.

“I was thinking that you just bloody left! You just left me there!” She hadn’t even realized that tears had started to run down her face before one of them fell on her hand. She didn’t think she was that sad about it until then. She got up, not even bothering to wipe away the tears, and took a few steps towards Scabior.

His face had softened a bit, but he still looked angrily at the stunned Eric at their feet. “You didn’t have to go make out with this guy! Honestly, he’s a fucking bastard!”

“You think I haven’t noticed?!” she asked, incredulous that he was implying that she had no taste in men. At least she had taken a liking to him, hadn’t she? Scabior sighed in reply, instead of yelling at her once more, which was a surprise.

“We can’t be together, Amelia! We’re both Snatchers, it can’t work. No matter how much I want it too, it can’t. It won’t work out!”

“That’s a rubbish reason.” was all Amelia said, as she took the few last remaining steps to reduce the distance between the two.

“I know.” He replied with a smirk, before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her towards him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and they looked at each other for a moment. His eyes were burning with intensity, his face flawless just as usual. She didn’t even notice that his head had leaned to hers before their lips had met once more, and everything seemed forgotten for the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm dedicating this chapter to Snow, since she kept bugging me to update this. ;D <3
Anyways, I'm not completely sure about this chapter, but I do hope you're all happy with it.
Oh, and I decided that this story isn't going to be very classy, aha. (;
Comments are really appreciated. <3333