The Last Fight

Poker Game

Morgue

“Meet Xavier. Date of birth April 3rd, 1984. I know, I ran the DNA twice and that’s definitely him” The lady told us as she looked at her clipboard while Sam and I stared at the old man that was laying on the metal slab in front of us; I glanced at Sam who returned a confused look down at me because this man shouldn’t be this old yet.

“So what’s your theory on this?” I asked the lady as I stood back and let Sam look the man’s body over; I wasn’t all that good around dead bodies because I wasn’t used to it honestly as I’ve grown up fighting zombies.

“All I know is that he’s male, twenty-five years old, and he died of old age” She told us both before she pushed the metal slab back into the wall before she walked out of the morgue; I took a few steps back and waited a few seconds until Sam joined me before we followed her out.

“You were right about this one Bobby, it’s definitely a job. So far there’s just one body and a couple of missing persons, but that’s usual for a town this size” I said as I held my phone to my ear as I talked to Bobby; Sam on the other hand was on the phone with Bristol who was at the hotel with Dean.

“Well check them out, I have a hunch about this one and keep me posted” Bobby told me before he hung up quickly and I knew why he did it because I was about to ask him how he was; I knew he wouldn’t talk to my brother’s about his feelings or how he was copying with being in a wheelchair, so I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

Madame Liu’s

Bristol and I were standing outside of a hotel room while my brothers talked to one of the guys that has gone missing; we went to talk to his wife and now we can’t even yell at the guy for cheating on his wife even though I don’t know how an old man can have sex with two young women.

“This is a load of crap, it should be all of us in there dealing with this creep. I hate it when Dean goes all over protective on us, it’s not like we haven’t seen this kind of thing before” I said to Bristol as I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest; I knew Dean just wanted to protect us from things like this.

“I swear sometimes I think you’re the female version of Dean, they just want to look after us Bailey and you know they’re just trying to do the right thing” Bristol told me with a smile before the hotel door opened and my brother’s walked out of the room; Dean was already on the phone talking to Bobby while Sam stood beside Bristol with his arm around her waist tightly.

“Apparently a traveling card player pops into town, you beat him and you get your best years back. Of course most people lose, supposedly this player’s a hell of a card chart” Dean told us once he had hung up with Bobby and we were heading back out to the Impala; we were going to split up in pairs and try to find this bar as fast as we could.

Motel

“I thought you said you were good at poker” I said as I stared in shock at my big brother who was now an old man with grey hair; apparently Dean found the game and also found Bobby there who of course lost so Dean played to get Bobby’s years back.

“I am, shut up! So you were just going to shoot some old guy, is that it?” Dean asked us as he picked up his burger that I had brought back for him; Sam and Bristol went looking for the game while Dean went alone because he wanted me to go get us all some dinner.

“Can you blame us? We walk in to find an old guy in our room, we didn’t know that it was you. I mean, have you seen yourself?” Bristol told Dean with a small grin on her lips and I would have laughed at my brother as well if it was a different time; but right now we had to work out a spell or something to fix this.

“Enough of this, you want to talk about solving this little issue of yours? It’s got to be about the chips. Dean slid them across and Patrick did his little witchy number, then I got back my years. It’s definitely magic chips and I remember every word he chanted” Bobby told us after Dean started complaining about having a heart attack which was really just acid reflux; I rolled my eyes and took the cheeseburger away from my brother.

The five of us are walking back to the motel after visiting Patrick’s apartment well Bristol and I waited outside with Bobby which I’m glad about now because Patrick caught my brother’s; it wasn’t the chips but the over 100 year old witch that held them which didn’t make this any easier on us because now we have nothing to go on.

“You know, I still think I should play” I said to them as Sam pushed Bobby up a steep hill causing everyone’s head to snap in my direction; I knew exactly what they would say but I had to give it a try because I wasn’t going to just sit back and let Dean die of old age.

“No. You’re not good enough Bailey. I’m better, Bobby’s way better and we both lost” Dean told me in his firm big brother voice making Bobby and Sam agree with him which wasn’t a surprise to me; but I knew Dean wouldn’t let anyone play Patrick unless it was him.

“So what, so I don’t get a say in this anymore? Look, I’ve watched you all hustle plenty of poker games. Hell I was 16 when I snuck into my first bar and watched a poker game” I said as a frown started to form between my eyebrows; sure I wasn’t the best poker player but I was the youngest one out of us and I wasn’t going to let Bristol play.

“Knowing the game is not enough, Bails. It’s not about playing the cards, it’s about playing the other guy and I won’t let you throw away your life” Bobby told me as he raised his voice a little which shut me up straight away; I looked down before I told them that I was going to take a little walk before meeting them at the motel.

Later

“I like you, Bailey. I do. You’re smart, and your heart is clearly in the right place. I can tell a lot about a person by looking at them” Patrick told me with a smile as he put his toothpick down and picked up his drink; he was sitting across from me at the poker table.

“Right, let’s just play” I told him as I eyed his glass as he put it down and placed the toothpick back into his mouth; he talked to me for a bit more and it amused him that my brother’s didn’t know that I was here.

“They don’t know you’re here but here you are, right? Trying to clean up their mess, and they still want to sit you at the kiddie table. You’re not the little sister anymore, Bailey. Then again, maybe you are. You’re in over your head here, Bailey” Patrick told me but I just ignored him and kept playing; until Patrick’s girlfriend walked into the room causing us to take a little break.

“How’s it going in there Bails? We have everything we need but we still need a little he-witch DNA” Dean told me as I walked out the back door where Bobby, Bristol and my brothers were waiting for me; I ran my hand through my hair as I pulled out Patrick’s toothpick and gave it to Dean.

“He was chewing it, hurry up Dean. Please” I said to him softly as I didn’t know how much longer I could last playing this game and I was getting scared that I might lose before the spell is reversed; Dean leaned down a little and pressed his lips to my forehead before I gave them a slight nod and walked back inside.

“Question, is this what you meant to give to your big brother? The one you gave him never passed my lips, won’t do a scarp of good. I don’t like cheating, Bailey” Patrick told me once I was back inside the room and he held up his toothpick; I stayed quiet as he held up his hand causing pain to shoot through my body and my air supply to be cut off.

I grabbed at my throat as my body stiffened in pain while I tried to take deep breathes but nothing was happening; until Patrick’s girlfriend started saying that it was her who gave us the spell which made Patrick drop his hand and I was able to breathe again.

“Well look at you! The percentage player betting the farm, awful transparent of you Bailey. I mean, if I had a monster hand like you have, I’d trap you. But you get yourself so excited, you bet yourself right out of a big pot. It we had time, I could make a real player out of you” Patrick told me as we both put our cards down and I reached forward to pull back the chips I’d just won.

“I have time” I said to him as Patrick dealt the cards out to us again and I knew I had to keep him talking for as long as I can; Sam told me I had to keep the game going for as long as I could because now they had to go find Patrick’s DNA somewhere else.

“Maybe but I can’t say the same for Dean. Your brother’s going to be dead soon. And when I say soon, I mean minutes. So when it’s about your brother, you get so emotional and your brain just flies right out the window” Patrick said with a smirk as I tried everything I could to finish the game but he wasn’t letting me; I wouldn’t be able to focus now as all I could think about is losing my big brother again.

“Fine you want to go all in, I’m sorry. Aces full” Patrick said as he put down two aces and his girlfriend started to cry which was strange for a witch and something I’ve never seen before; but it showed just how much she wanted this to end.

“You’re crying. For a witch, you’re so nice it’s actually kind of creepy. It’s okay, it was a great hand. Just not as great as four fours” I said turning over my cards causing Patrick to freeze in his chair as a small smile formed on my lips; honestly I didn’t think I would be able to actually beat him.

“Well played. You know, that whole going out of your head bit was very method. Well there’s more to you that meets the eye” Patrick smiled as he raised his drink before taking a sip of it; I told him to cash in my chips for Dean which he did with pleasure and I couldn’t wait to tell Dean all about this because he was really good at poker, it seems that I’m just better than him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailey's Outfit

Please Comment!