The Last Fight

Zombie Walk

Bobby’s House

“You know many times we called? Where have you been?” Dean asked as we all followed Bobby through his house after leaving numerous voice mail messages for him and not getting a reply back which was not like Bobby; I stayed quiet as I tried to work out what was different about Bobby as he wasn’t the same Bobby we were used too.

“Playing murder ball” Bobby snapped at Dean as he wheeled himself over to his desk in the living room and I had to say even the house looked different; like someone had cleaned it up a bit or actually put things away to make the house neater.

“What is that smell? Is that soap? Did you clean?” Dean asked him suddenly causing all four of us to look at him which I could tell annoyed Bobby; and if you thought about it that would annoy most people and Dean just had to be the one who said it.

“What are you, my mother? I’ve been working. You know, trying to find a way to stop the devil” Bobby said to us still with a snappy tone to his voice which was unlike him because he’s normally not this grumpy; but Bobby was just like the guys so when he didn’t want to talk about something than he wouldn’t.

“Find anything?” Sam asked him because of the case we were looking into which was close to his house and he hadn’t called us to tell us about it; Bobby then turned his attention onto Sam but he didn’t ease up at all.

“What do you think? Wait, are you lot here about the Benny Sutton thing? I checked into it already, there’s nothing here” Bobby said to us which was strange because we had a witness even though I wasn’t sure how reliable our witness was; he didn’t seem like the most reliable around town but he was all we had so far.

“Except a witness that saw a dead guy commit murder. What about the lightning storms? They look like omens” Dean said as Bobby told us that Digger Wells was in fact a drunk so I guess I was right about him; I let a soft sigh escape my lips as I ran my hand through my hair because it looked like we may have wasted our time.

“Except in February in South Dakota, in storm season. Look I thought it was something too, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Besides this Benny Sutton guy was a grade A son of a bitch, there’s a list of the living a year long wouldn’t mind putting a cap in his ass” Bobby said to us which made us all pretty disappointed but Bobby would know if this wasn’t a job for us;

Later

The four of us walk into Bobby’s house after spending some time in a cell at the police station because Dean had been about to shot the already dead Clay; Bobby said he needed to tell us about something and I hoped it was why he wasn’t getting rid of the zombies walking around this town.

“Oh hey, I didn’t realise you were bringing company. I’ll get some more plates” A beautiful pale woman said with a smile as she walked into the room carrying some plates; she smiled when she saw us before walking back into the kitchen.

“That is Karen, my wife… my dead wife” Bobby told us as we just stared at the women in his kitchen who was getting some more plates and brought them to the dining table with a homemade pie; we slowly sat at the table and sat there silently as we tried to get our heads around what we were just told.

“This is incredible, Mrs Singer” I said to her with a smile as we all sat around the dining table and ate her delicious pie which just earned a firm look from Sam; but I couldn’t lie and I was being polite to Bobby’s wife who just so happened to be dead.

“Thank you, Bailey” Karen smiled at me before Bobby asked her to give us a minute and she walked back into the kitchen before closing the door a little; as soon as she was gone the boys dropped their forks while Bristol and I kept eating the amazing pie.

“Are you crazy? What the hell? You lied straight to our faces Bobby” Dean snapped at him which I didn’t think was all the necessary but Dean usually doesn’t think before he speaks; I glanced over at the kitchen and could see Karen’s back but she was a different zombie because she wasn’t attacking people like the zombies we’ve seen before.

“I know. You think I’m an idiot, boy? My dead wife shows up on my doorstep I’m not going to test her every way I ever learned? She’s got no scars, no wounds, no reaction to salt, silver or holy water” Bobby told us and I have to admit that Karen did look good for being a zombie but that doesn’t change the fact that she was a zombie.

“You buried her ashes?” Sam asked once Bobby told us that he had Karen cremated because a demon had possessed her before; zombies only happen with people who have been buried and not cremated which just made this all the more confusing.

“Yeah, in the cemetery. It’s where they all rose from, there’s been fifteen to twenty maybe” Bobby said to us before showing us a list of the people that has risen from that cemetery; I read through the Book of Revelation to try to find out what was happening here and what was making these people come back.

Bobby’s Scrapyard

Bristol is standing near the van with Bobby sitting in his wheelchair beside her while Dean and I load the van with weapons; the zombies had started to turn bad and were now killing their loved ones which meant Bobby had to kill Karen again.

I closed the back doors of the van when we all heard a sudden commotion a ways away from us so Dean grabbed a shotgun and walked towards the noise; I gave Bobby and Bristol a shotgun each before holding my shotgun close to my body and walked the way Dean did to help him out if he needed it.

I felt my body being slammed into an old car as a zombie jumped out at me from nowhere and attacked me but I was quick to hit the lady in the face with my gun; before I aimed my gun at her and shot her then I quickly stood up, I ran back to Bobby as he called my name out only to see Bristol wheeling Bobby back into the house as Dean waited for me.

“Anyone got any more ammo? I’m low” Dean asked as we stopped in the kitchen but everything was let in the van; our path to the van was now blocked by zombies that for some reason where coming after us.

“Yeah, we got plenty. Just run back past the zombies, it’s in the van where we left it” Bobby said to him right before we heard a crash from upstairs; Dean was quick to get us all into the closet with was small but we managed to fit before he locked the door.

“It’s alright, they’re idiots. They can’t pick a lock” Dean said to us as he stood in front of me as the zombies banged on the closet door which just suddenly stopped; I held my breath for a bit when the doorknob started to turn and jiggle.

“Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong?” Bristol asked as she sent a small glare to Dean as she stood in front of Bobby; I let a little scream escape from my mouth as the door flew open but Dean and Bristol were quick to start hitting them with their guns.

“Get down!” Sam suddenly shouted from behind the zombies and as soon as we were down he started shooting the zombies with the Sheriff’s help; once all the zombies were dead and Dean let Bristol and I go we stood up.

Later

We slowly walk up behind Bobby who’s sitting in front of a funeral pyre of his own and I knew this was going to be hard on him; yes he got to spend five days with his wife but that just made it worse for him because this was the second time he’s had to kill her.

“You lot show know, Karen told me why Death was here. I know why he took a stroll through a cemetery in the sticks of South Dakota. He came for me, Death came for me… he brought Karen back to send me a message” Bobby told us which I didn’t see coming so it shocked us all and none of us knew what to say to that.

“Why you Bobby?” I asked him softly as we looked at him and waited for his answer while his eyes stayed on the fire that was burning in front of him; I thought about what he just said and I couldn’t figure out why Death sent a message to Bobby.

“Because I’ve been helping you. I’m one of the reason you’re still saying no to Lucifer, Sam. I don’t know if they wanted to take my life or my spirit. Either way, they wanted me out of the way” Bobby explained to us and I was expecting to feel guilty about nearly getting Bobby killed or hurt; but that wasn’t what I was feeling the most and that was anger which made me nervous because I was just so angry that Death had threatened Bobby’s life, he was like a father to all four of us so when you mess with him you have to deal with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailey's Outfit

Please Comment!