Status: f o R E V e r

Perfectly Imperfect

It's Not Me, It's You

Harley made her way downstairs after her shower. She dressed in a red striped tank top that was semi baggy on her and a pair of dark jeans. She watched the guys gather around the kitchen, stuffing food into their mouths.

Harley sat on the couch, beside Brian. He was texting someone because he was very focused on his phone. He let out a soft sigh before closing his phone and putting it back in his pocket. "Hi." He said quietly.

"Hi." She said back with a small chuckle. "You're the guitarists in Jimmy's band, right?"

"Sure am. You play?" Brian wasn't serious about the question, most girls couldn't play a chord on a guitar.

"Yeah. What was that one song with that intro that I loved?" She asked herself, going across the living room and picking up her purple Les Paul. She began playing the intro to Lips Of Deceit.

Brian was in shock that she could even play, let alone his own stuff. He was a bit jealous that she knew exactly how to play the beginning of the song, as if he was playing it. "That's Lips Of Deceit." He said, standing up and walking over to her. "Did you learn that by ear?" He asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah. That's how I learn all my stuff." She then began playing Enter Sandman by Metallica, switching into Walk by Pantera right after.

"You're really good." He complimented. A compliment from Brian, that wasn't considered a flirt, was very rare. The only way a compliment came out of his mouth was if it had 'Sexy, hot or fuckable' in the sentence.

"Thanks. I had a lot of time practicing after my classes and stuff." She smiled towards him. "What's the first song you learned on guitar?" She asked, suddenly curious.

Brian chuckled a bit when he remembered what song he first learned on guitar. "I Think Were Alone Now by Tiffany." He said through his teeth.

Harley tried holding back her laugh but failed horrible. "Are you serious?"

"I grew up in the eighties." He defended, laughing himself. "What's yours?"

She controlled her laughing. "First song, Ghost Riders In The Sky by Johnny Cash." She said with a smile.

"You got me beat on which one is cooler."

"Yes, by far." She joked.

"Yeah, yeah. What other songs do you know?" He asked, trying to test her skill.

She started playing Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N' Roses switching it up to Play With Me by Extreme. Then Thunderstruck by ACDC to Jordan by Buckethead.

"Syn, stop showing off." Zacky complained with a mouthful of food. He walked out into the living room. Harley and Brian both looked up at him with innocent looking faces. Zacky looked at Harley with guitar, which caused an instant turn on towards him. He put on a dumb smile. "Oh, sorry. It just sounded like he was playing and yeah, bye." He said, walking out of living room back into the kitchen.

Brian watched her play more on her guitar, examining how incredible hot she looked with a guitar against her. He never wanted to admit it but she almost as good as him. He did have musician genes in him because he dad played well before he was born but Harley came from a none musical background and she learned all her stuff by ear which was a great talent that any musician would love to have.

"Damn, Harley. When did you get so good? You might have to replace Syn here." Jimmy nudged him with a smirk. Brian was less then amused with his remark.

"I'm not that good. Definitely not better then him. I've heard the demos. Who does the bass?" She asked. Johnny raised his hand slightly, scared of knowing if it was a good or bad thing.

"I am."

"You're really good. How old are you?"

"Fifteen. But I'll be sixteen in a few months." He pointed out.

She chuckled slightly. "You're really good for being that young. You too." She said to Brian with a smile.

Matt watched the way Brian looked at her and immediately noticed that he had something for her. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not. He loved his girlfriend and his girlfriend loved her twin sister. Matt didn't want either one of them hurt and if Brian was thinking of Harley that way then it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt. Whether it Brian or Michelle.

"Hey Bri, didn't Michelle say to call her at five?" Matt asked, trying to remind him of his girlfriend.

Brian almost gave Matt a death glare before remembering that Harley was Jimmy's cousin and that he had a girlfriend. "Yeah, thanks." He mumbled, pulling out his phone to see he had four missed calls. "I got to go. I'll see you guys later." He said giving the guys a 'man hug.' He stopped at Harley and she bite her lip lightly.

"I don't bite." She said with a smile, holding her arms open. He chuckled and gave her a small hug before saying bye and leaving.

Matt liked Harley, a lot, as a friend. She seemed really cool. Of course she was, she was related to Jimmy. He just didn't want her to ruin anything between Michelle and Brian. And by every second, she seemed to be do that very thing without even trying.

The rest of the band and Harley sat around in the living room talking about music and movies and anything else that came to mind. "You should really start singing in your music." She suggested to Matt. "You got a really great voice when you're not screaming." She teased.

"Thank you?" He said with a chuckle. "I know, everyone agrees. We kind have that one figured out. Maybe doing another album with screaming and the one after that will be like half and half."

The continued with talking about new music and certain ideas on cover art.

Back with Brian, he walked up to Michelle's door and knocked hesitantly a couple times. He waited patiently for her to answer. "Hey baby." She said with a huge smile on her face.

He smiled at her as she wrapped her hands around him, kissing his cheek. "Hey." He said simply.

"Did you meet Jimmy's cousin today?" She asked, leading him up to her room.

"Yeah." He wasn't sure if he should tell Michelle that Harley was a girl. Michelle was a little over protective when it came to Brian and she wasn't scared to fight off any girl that was after him.

"And? Was he cool?" She asked, closing her door behind her.

Brian nodded. "She was." He said.

"He's a girl?" Michelle asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah, we were all surprised." He chuckled a bit.

"That's interesting. She wasn't trying anything on you, was she?" She asked. Here comes her overprotectiveness.

"No. Zacky likes her though." He said quietly, keeping his jealously out of his mind.

"You alright?" Michelle asked, instantly noticing he wasn't acting right.

Brian smiled a little. "Yeah, just don't feel to good." He lied.

"I can make you feel better." She smirked, pushing him down on the bed. Brian thought this was what he exactly needed, to get Harley out of his mind.

Jimmy was the last one at Harley's house. Andrew had already gone to bed and it was around one in the morning. Jimmy and her sat on the couch, bundled under a blanket and popcorn on their laps, watching Freddie vs Jason. "What did you think of the guys?" He asked, stuffing his mouthful of popcorn.

"Their cool. And I always thought you wouldn't make any friends." She smirked slightly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever happen to that Michael dude?" Harley's smile left her face faster then you could say 'douchebag.'

"Don't talk about him." She mumbled.

"Why? Last time I saw you, you guys were inseparable." He said, looking at her with confused eyes.

"He's a fucking asshole." She said loud and clear.

"What did he do?" Jimmy said, feeling his brother instincts kick in.

"He was just using me. Like I thought when he first asked me out. He just wanted one thing and one thing only."

"Oh, Harley, you didn't?" Harley let out a small sigh before lightly nodding.

"Shows you how smart I am." She murmured. "He dump me a few days afterward."

"I'm sorry, Harley. I'll got beat his ass." He said, trying to lighten her mood.

She shook her head as a small smile appeared on her face. "I got him, don't worry."

Harley thought back on what she did after he broke up with her. She remembered his exact words. "It's not you, it's me." She nearly ringed his neck right then and there.

The moment after he was finished with taking her virginity, he left without saying a word. He ignored her for a few days then came up to her dorm and said those dumb ass words.

I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive. Carved my name into his leather seat. I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights. Slashed a hole in all 4 tires.

She took the lyrics to Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats and did it to his car. He was obsessed with his little BMW that his daddy bought him when he graduated high school.

He was less then happy when he was his little 'baby' destroyed. She left a small note on the car before she left. It read, "You're right. It's not me, it's you. Always has been you. Love always, Harley. P.S. It slipped, sorry."

She was satisfied with what she did. She never shed a tear for the bastard. He wasn't worth it and she knew it.

After she told Jimmy what she had done, he was very proud. He grew up with Harley. They had the same minds. Jimmy would have done the same thing, maybe even worse if someone ever did that to him.

Harley hasn't thought twice about a guy since Michael. But when she met Brian's eyes, that changed. She suddenly felt the need to impress him. She didn't know why. She was always herself. Maybe he liked her like that or maybe he didn't like her because she was one of the guys. But Harley remembered Matt saying something about a Michelle. That must have been his girlfriend. He was off the market. She couldn't try even if she wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brian's first song he learned on guitar, true story!c(x
I swear ahahaha
anywhoser, tell me you're thoughts on the chapter.
You get a little bit about a previous relationship of Harley's.
Speaking of relationships, Harley needs a good friend, but
that good friend will be Jimmy's girlfriend. Anybody want to fill the spot?
I also need a girlfriend for Zacky and Johnny;
Sorry but all girlfriends are filled!
(If you are wondering why Matt is always with Val in all my stories,
I got to meet Val and she is such a sweetheart that I can't write a
story with Val not with Matt. Hope that explains it.)