Status: f o R E V e r

Perfectly Imperfect

Are You Gonna Be My Girl?

Brian and Harley hadn't talked much in the past few of weeks. They had a lot of shows being booked, due to summer and Harley couldn't make all of them. Which was only killing Harley. Not only was she missing Jimmy, but she was missing Brian. Hell, she was missing the rest of the guys too. Including their girlfriends.

Harley came down stairs, still in her pajamas, even though it was already two in the afternoon. "When do you want to tell her?" Harley heard from the kitchen, she recognized it as Jennifer's voice.

"I don't know. How do you think she'll take it?" Her dad asked. Harley cocked an eyebrow, very confused on what they were talking about.

"She needs to know." Jennifer said in a more hushed tone.

"Know what?" Harley asked as she walked into the kitchen.

Andrew locked eyes with Jennifer, searching for approval. Jennifer looked up at Harley and smiled. "We're pregnant." She said happily, rubbing her flat stomach.

Harley looked at her dad and he nodded with a smile. Harley nodded and started going back upstairs. "Harley, what's wrong?" Her dad asked before she reached the stairs.

"Uh, nothing. Congrats." She said trying to sound excited for them.

"Harley, what's wrong?" He repeated. Harley looked over at Jennifer then back to her dad.

"I don't know." She replied.

"Then what's with the sudden attitude change?" Jennifer asked.

Harley bite her bottom lip, searching for the right words. "I want my mom." She said, going back upstairs before anyone could say anything to her.

Image

Everyone came over later, wondering why Harley wasn't answering her phone. It was already nine by the time everyone had shown up. "Is she still in her room?" Carson asked Andrew as he let the gang into the house.

"Yeah, she's been in there all day. She won't come out." He sighed.

No one really knew how hard it was on Harley not having a mom. Mostly, because she never showed her true feelings unless it was absolutely necessary. And Harley missed her mom, though she never got to meet her, she still feels that special bond with her. She carried Harley for nine months. She would give anything to have her mom back, but that was not going to happen.

"Harley? The girls are here." Gabby said quietly from the her door.

She didn't reply, she just continued to look out her window. "Harley, we know you're in there." Carson said.

After a few minutes of trying to pry the door open, Harley opened it up slowly and looked at the girls. "Ca-can you go get Jimmy?" She asked very quietly. They all nodded, excepting the fact that Jimmy was there best bet to brighten her mood.

"What's going on Glide?" He asked, as he shut her door.

Harley looked up at him, fresh tears falling from her eyes. "I miss her, so much." She said.

Jimmy was by her side immediately, hugging her tightly. "I know you do Harley. We all miss her." He said, keeping her in his arms. Although no one else had seen Harley this way, Jimmy had. Jimmy was there all the nights through her childhood when she wondered why she was the only one who didn't have a mom. Jimmy was there when her birthday came up, which was the worst day of her life because that's the day she lost her mom.

After she sobbed into his shoulder for a few minutes, she picked up her head and thanked Jimmy for just being there for her. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Okay? You're my Glide." He said with a smile, wiping the excess tears from under her eyes.

Harley smiled up at him, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly. "I don't know what I would do without you." She admitted, sniffling a bit.

"Pssh, you'd do nothing. I made you what you are." He gloated jokingly.

Harley chuckled, "Sure thing, Jimbo." She pulled away and smiled at him.

Image

Brian was sitting in the living room with everyone else, talking a bit with Matt and Val. Harley's eyes meet his and she immediately turned around to go back upstairs. Jimmy grabbed her shoulders and turned her around. Harley mumbled a few curse words towards his way but he smile in reply.

"Harley, I didn't mean for you to get ups-" Jennifer started apologizing.

"No, it's fine. I'm just a little over dramatic sometimes." Harley said with a warm smile. "I can't wait to meet my new baby brother or sister."

Jennifer felt so much better after she said that. Brian looked at her and nodded his head for her to come to him. Harley smirked at him and shook her head. He nodded his head again and she shook her head. "Harley, get your damn ass over here." Brian said loudly and everybody stopped there conversations and looked at Brian.

"You're an asshole." Carson told him, a sly smirk on her face.

"Yeah, you don't just tell a girl what to do like that." Gabby told him.

"Murphy, come here."

"Coming Jimmy." She said happily, trotting over to him. Harley laughed as Gabby sat on his lap.

"Way to make a point, Gabby." Harley told her.

"Well," She looked at Jimmy. "I wanted to come sit with him."

Charlie chuckled. Zacky tightened his grip around her waist. "So what are we doing tonight?" Charlie asked.

"Movie?" Johnny suggested.

"Yes, I want to watch a movie!" Carson yelled, standing from the couch.

Everyone stared at her sudden excitement before laughing. "What movie?" Zacky asked.

"Jacob's Ladder!" Jimmy said.

"Babe, you're obsessed with that movie. We've watched it like eight times this week." Gabby groaned.

"She's scared of it." Jimmy said to everyone else.

"No I'm not asshole." She said, slapping his chest hard enough to hear a thud. He rubbed his chest lightly.

"Ow." He said, "You hurt me."

Harley rolled her eyes at him before grabbing the movie out of the shelf and popping it in the DVD player. Everyone took their seats, on the couch and on the floor. Brian insisted that him and Harley sat on the floor. Matt and Val sat on the floor also, Val sitting in between his legs, laying her head on his chest. Carson and Johnny were both sitting on the couch, Carson hopping up and down with excitement of the movie starting. Zacky still had his arm wrapped tightly around Charlie, sitting on the couch across from Johnny and Carson. They had gotten a lot more serious with her being at every show. She often worked the merchandise booth with Val. Jimmy and Gabby had the chair in between the couches. Gabby was sitting across his lap, playing with a few strands of his hair.

About half way into the movie, about everyone was passed out, except for Jimmy, Matt, Brian and Harley. Harley looked around the room before standing to her feet and throwing a jacket on. Brian stood up also, following her out to the garage. Harley smirked when she saw him follow her out. "What are you doing?" He asked as she fumbled with the lock to the garage.

"I want to show you something." She said, still a smirk on her face.

Brian raised an eyebrow but went along with what she was saying. "Okay?"

Harley smiled when she peeked through the doors of the garage. "This." She said, throwing the garage doors open, revealing her freshly restored Challenger. His mouth just about dropped when he saw it.

"How did you get the done so fast?" He asked, looking over every inch of the cars body.

"You guys were gone a lot, I had nothing better to do." She said smiling, leaning against the garage door.

"This is fucking sick." He said, completely blown away with what talent Harley had.

"Eh. It's no big deal." She shrugged. Restoring cars was a lot of what she did when she was working at her friends auto shop. She had a lot of old cars coming in, needing work done on the engine. And that eventually brought her to painting the cars too.

Brian shook his head at her reply. "No big deal? There is no fucking way I'd be able to do any of this. I might be able to do an oil change, maybe." He said.

Harley chuckled, pulling her keys out of her pocket. "You haven't heard the best part." She said, jingling her keys in her hand before opening the door, placing the key in the ignition. She gave the car some gas while she turned the key, bringing the engine to life. Harley had chills running up and down her spine as the engine roared. Brian stared at her through the window, seeing the look on her face. He had never met a girl who loved cars more then he did. He didn't know how to fix shit on any car, and even though the guy is supposed to know how, he didn't care. Harley was better then him at a lot of things. It would bother most guys, but it just made Harley that much more attractive.

After Harley stopped the engine and got out of the car, she locked the garage back up. She sighed as Brian looked around the backyard. She was yearning for his touch, since she hadn't had it in a few weeks. Harley turned around to come face to face with Brian and his lips were dancing with his in a matter of seconds.

Jimmy and Matt looked out the back window, watching them laugh and kiss. They were being teenagers in the most mature way. Jimmy had his arms crossed over his chest, ready to kick Brian's ass if he needed to. "Chill dude." Matt said to him.

"I am chilled." Jimmy said, aggravated that Brian had his hands all over Harley.

Matt chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "No, you're not. She's a big girl you know. She can handle herself." He reminded Jimmy.

Jimmy eased up a bit after he said that. Harley was always like his little sister. He was that with his actually little sister. But he knew Harley could take care of herself. Look what she did to Micheal's car. She had balls. Jimmy was proud of her for sticking up for herself. Most girls needed to be like Harley. Strong, independent and doesn't take shit from no one.

"I have something to ask you," Brian said, after there very heated make out session.

"What?" She asked, not really paying attention to the two figures at the backdoor.

He pecked her lips before replying. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. Harley's eyes lightened up after he said that. She smiled and kissed him. "Is that a yes?"

"I don't know," She teased, smirking.

"Harley," He groaned.

"Yes." She said quietly, pecking his lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the car is a '71 but I loved it so much that I had to!lol
anywho, sorry for not updating for a couple weeks.
I've had a lot going on.
I really hope you enjoyed my small little filler though(:

Also, if you're into one-shots, I've got a few. I Remember When Feat;Zacky, Never Gonna Stop Feat;Brian, and this one isn't a one-shot, it's a series, If You Loved Me Feat;Brian.