‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"We're Looking for His Parents."

"Is this the house?"

I stared down at the creased paper in my hands, "The address matches."

Fang stared at the house silently and I waited for him to make a move.

"I don't think anyone's home."

I raised an eyebrow, "Is that an excuse to leave?"

"No."

"I don't believe you. I think you're afraid," I stated. "I would be too, but you don't have to worry about it. I'm right here."

He crossed his arms and looked back at the house, "I'm not afraid. They probably don't even live there anymore."

"You won't know until you knock on the door!" I sang, skipping and dancing toward the front door of the cute one story house.

"Sora!" Fang called after me, but I kept going.

"I'm not stopping! If you won't ring the doorbell, then I will."

He stared after me indignantly before unwillingly following behind me at a casual walk. When he finally stood at my side on the front step, I decided to ring the doorbell.

"They're not here," Fang frowned.

"You haven't even given them a chance to answer the door. Relax, okay?"

"Hn."

I giggled and then I heard the lock on the door turn.

"See?"

The front door opened to reveal a lady with her brown hair in a ponytail and a bright smile on her face.

"Oh hello! Can I help you with anything?"

"We're looking for someone," Fang replied.

The lady glanced at Fang and then did a double take.

"Do I know you?"

"Unlikely."

"Anyway," I smiled, "We're looking for a Jonathan and Caroline Suthers. Do they possibly live here?"

The lady smiled back at me, "They do actually!"

"Great! Can we see them?" I asked, giving Fang an excited grin.

"Unfortunately they're on vacation. I'm just watching the house. I'm Katie by the way."

"Hello," I paused, "Do you know where they went on vacation?"

"I think they went to Hawaii for their anniversary. Why?"

I glanced at Fang to ask permission to tell her and he only blinked at me. I looked back at Katie, "Well... my, uh, boyfriend here is actually... their son."

She looked at Fang suspiciously, "They don't have a son from what I know."

"Oh this is insane," I mumbled, looking at Fang seriously. "We've got to tell her or she's going to think we're crazy."

"Sure," Fang sighed, leaning back against the porch railing.

"Did you hear about those kids who were taken as babies and experimented on?" I asked.

"Yeah. You're not saying that he's on of those kids are you? Sure he looks familiar, but I don't remember seeing him on the news."

"Fang, please show her."

He lazily stood up straight, stepped forward and quickly unfurled his wings, making Katie jump.

"Now do you believe me?"

"Are they real?" she questioned, reaching out to touch on of Fang's wings.

"Yes, they are," I said, stepping in front of Fang so she didn't get the chance to touch his wings. "He was taken from his mother when he was a baby and we're trying to find her so she can know that he's still alive."

"Oh, well, they're in Hawaii. They didn't specify where, but they did leave me a phone number for the hotel."

"Could we get it so we can call and find out where they are, please?"

Katie looked me up and down and then smiled, "Sure. Just hold on a second."

She disappeared back into the house and I sighed.

"Jealous?" Fang whispered in my ear.

"Why would I be jealous? Didn't we have this conversation before? I've already got you, Fang. I don't need to be jealous."

"Why did you keep her from touching my feathers, huh?" he chuckled, his wings curving slightly around me.

I reached out and ran my fingers down the feathers slowly, "Because..."

"Wrong answer."

I shrugged and crossed my arms, "I just didn't want her touching you... even if they're just your wings, okay?"

Fang smirked and then kissed my cheek quickly before tucking his wings in and going back to lean against the railing.

I rolled my eyes and then smiled a little when Katie came back out with a tiny piece of paper.

"Here's her number and I put my number on there too just in case you need anything," she smiled, looking between the two of us.

"Thank you," I smiled. "I guess we're gonna make our way to Hawaii."

"Be careful."

We started to leave when she called for us.

"I know how I know you," she said to Fang. "You look just like Jonathan."

Fang gave her a slow nod and then grabbed my hand before leading me away.

"Bye!" she called out. receiving a wave from me before Fang pulled me further down the street.

"Anxious to leave?"

"We need food."

"I guess that's true since it's about lunch time," I agreed, rubbing my stomach. "Where are we going to go?"

Fang shrugged.

"You're so helpful. How about Wendy's? It's cheap and there's one every corner around here."

"Okay."

I smiled and then hopped on to Fang's back, my legs securing themselves around his waist and my arms loosely resting around his neck.

He looked at me with a smirk as he supported me under his hands and unfurled his wings from under me.

"Hold on."

I tightened my legs around him, pressed my front closer to his back and forced my arms around his neck further.

"Let's go now."

In an instant he start the ascent to the clouds while I buried my face in the side of his neck, not used to flying on his back. I started to wonder why I even wanted to in the first place.

"We'll be there soon," he stated when he was flying smoothly through the sky.

"Okay," I nodded into his neck. "Tell me when we're there."

He temporarily let one of my legs go to pat my arm and then he instantly put it back.

Even though I was basically laying on his back now that we were in the sky, he knew me well enough not to let me go.

"I will," he replied.

I smiled a little and rubbed my face against his neck in a silent way of thanks.

He chuckled and continued on his way to our next stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the ending was rough, but that's okay. What do you think of his parents' names? I got the first names from a mibba user (sorry I can't remember your username!) and the last name I got from someone I know.
Anyway, comment please! I'd appreciate it! :D Hopefully I'll post soon!