‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"Almost Home."

"I think we should take a plane to Hawaii," I suggested to Fang as we made camp for the night.

We got all the way to the border of Colorado and Utah thanks to Fang letting me lay on his back while he flew across the states. The night was chilly now that we were around the mountains and Fang immediately built a fire when we found a clearing in the trees.

"Why?"

"Well, we have the money and it'd be more comfortable for the both of us to relax. We don't have to, but I'm just saying it would be a lot easier."

"But not fast."

"No, not as fast as you, but we'll still get there." I pulled a bed sheet over a low branch and spread it out with rocks as weights so two people could fit.

Fang put a blanket under the makeshift tent and then stared at me blankly.

I looked down, "I... I'm scared about flying over the ocean without being strapped into a safe place..."

"I won't let you fall."

"I know that, but I don't even want to see the ocean below us..."

Fang sighed and pulled me into his chest in an easy hug, "Fine. We'll do it your way."

"Thank you," I said into his chest.

After a few moments in our embrace, I finally pulled away from him and went to sit in front of the fire. I poked at it a few times with a stick and happily took in the warmth it offered me.

Silently, Fang also sat in front of the fire and placed one of his arms around my shoulders. His wing on the same side also wrapped around me, creating a barrier between me and the forest around me.

"We're almost there," I smiled, glancing at Fang.

The fire danced along his pondering face and dark eyes while he stared at the fire. I snuggled into his side to catch his attention and a warm smile graced his face.

"I haven't seen a smile like that in a long time," I commented, playing with his hand that was by my shoulder. "Is it because we're travelling?"

"Sort of."

"Well, you should smile more often because it'll make you feel better, you know."

"Yeah, I know," he replied, standing and pulling me up with him. "Let's go to bed, okay?"

I nodded and understood he didn't want to talk anymore. I quickly took cover under the sheet while Fang put the fire out and pulled my backpack into the tent with us. We put my bag under our heads and got ourselves settled for the night.

Fang wrapped his wings around me, pulling me closer to him so I would keep warm, and I curled up in a little ball as his arms circled around me too.

"Goodnight, Fang."

"Night," he whispered, brushing my hair from my face and then repeatedly combing through it.

Before long, I was fast asleep and dreaming about what the rest of the adventure would bring us, what his parents were like, and how much I missed my family.

Soon we'll get to go home...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been taking me forever, but I finally got some sort of idea on what to write for this chapter. I'm hoping there will be one more filler chapter and then they meet his parents... or at least get really close. I'll have to see when I type it up. :) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I'll try and post when I get some inspiration. :) Comment please! :D