Until the End

Fanmail.

- Two Days Later. -

We were all hanging out at Matt’s, talking about the tour we were going to leave on in about a week. We were waiting for Matt to show up since he had to stop by the Warner Brother’s office to get the final details from Thor. You might be asking, why are we at Matt’s when Matt isn’t? Well, he told us to come here later but we came early and I picked his lock. Simple, right?

“How much longer?” I whined, stretched out on his leather loveseat. My head was resting on one armrest, my arms crossed under it. My legs dangled off the other edge of the armrest, feet almost touching the floor. I, at least, learned something new today. Matt’s loveseat was not six feet long. Now that I have that pointless piece of information I can live my life contently.

“He can’t be too much longer,” Zacky piped up, tossing a baseball in the air from his spot across the floor. I’m not totally sure where he got the baseball from, but he’s been playing with it for the past five minutes. As he was about to catch it Brian hit it with a pillow, causing the ball to roll into the kitchen and the pillow to hit Zacky’s face.

“Would you quit with the fucking ball already? You’re not in your ‘golden days’ tubby,” Brian remarked. Brian was pissy because he had passed out drunk before he could go get some random whore from the corners. We all know he loves to do it. Besides, one o’clock in the afternoon was too early for the recently wasted Synyster Gates. Zacky removed the pillow and glared at the right handed guitarist.

“Fuck you Brian.”

“When and where baby?” Brian purred. It fell into an awkward silence.

“Shit Brian. I mean, I had my suspicions all over the years but I was kidding. Never thought I’d see the day,” Johnny remarked, shaking his head. Brian growled, flipping our bassist off.

“Shut up short shit. Ever heard of a joke?”

“Not such a believable one,” Johnny returned.

“Trying to say something Johnny?” Brian snapped, sitting up from the slouching position he had taken in the recliner. Matt’s special ‘me only’ recliner, but no one had decided to tell Major Drama Queen. Johnny smirked, crossing the arms that had recently been resting across the back on the couch. How had I been doped into the loveseat while Johnny got the real couch? Oh well.

“Yeah. You’re more likely than all of us to be a fag. Especially with how long it takes you to get ready for a damn show.”

“You know what Seward? I - ”

“Why the fuck are there four people in my house when I’m not home?” We all turned to the doorway to see Matt standing there with a duffle bag over his shoulder. “And why the hell are you in my recliner Haner?”

“Johnny took up the couch and Jimmy took over the loveseat,” Brian muttered, standing to his feet. Matt looked at me then looked at Johnny.

“So you’re telling me Johnny dominated the couch and you couldn’t possibly just sit somewhere on it or kick him off? You must be working out a lot more Johnny if Brian’s too afraid to try and move you,” Matt remarked, shaking his head.

“Maybe Brian’s just getting a bit too feminine,” Johnny suggested with a smirk. Brian rolled his eyes and sat on the opposite end of the couch from Johnny. I sat up as Matt dropped the duffle bag on the coffee table. Zacky also popped up, staring intently at the bag.

“What’s this?” Zack asked, poking the duffle with his finger. When he decided it wasn’t going to explode he unzipped it. Out spilled envelopes.

“Our fan mail. We’ve neglected it for two months so Thor made me take it,” Matt replied, plopping down in his now empty recliner. Brian leaned forward, snatching up an envelope.

“What are we going to do with them all?” Brian moaned. We all rolled our eyes at him.

“What do we usually do with fan mail dumbass?” Johnny remarked. Brian glared at him, threatening him with his eyes. Johnny laughed at his face instead. “Oh man, I’m shakin’ in my boots.”

“I’ll take those fucking cowboy boots and shove them so far up your - ”

“Brian, shut the hell up,” I sighed. Brian glared but stayed silent. He flipped his envelope over, ripping it open. Soon we were all grabbing letters. We sometimes laughed, reading each other some of the letters. Our fans had some very creative minds when it came to tell us how much they love us. Given some of the ones with no return address had the most creative. I theatrically read Zacky a sex scene one girl - or guy - had written, his face bright red the whole time.

“Would you all shut up?” He snapped bashfully as we were all laughing by the end.

“I would feel honored Zack. I don’t think any of us have gotten anything like that yet,” Matt chuckled. Zacky simply flipped him off. I tossed the letter to him which caused him to cringe away from it. I laughed a bit, grabbing another envelope. This one was a light blue. I pushed my glasses further up the bridge of my nose as I read the sender’s name. Hayden Fraser. I liked it.

I flipped it over and carefully opened it. The handwriting reminded me of a teenager still in high school. As I continued to read the more and more I felt for this girl. Once I was finished I looked up to frown at the rest of my band who were all absorbed in whatever they were reading. “Hey guys?”

“Yeah Jimbo?” Brian asked, in a better mood than twenty minutes ago. The rest of the guys also looked up, frowning when they saw my face.

“What’s up Jimmy?” I read them the letter. After I finished and I looked up they were all wearing sympathetic looks.

“I say we take her on tour,” I spoke, not thinking about it before it had already left my lips. The rest went back to frowning.

“Jimmy, we can’t just randomly decide to take some eighteen year old on tour,” Matt said, being the word of reality. But I wouldn’t let him change my mind on this one.

“What if we just ask her? I mean, she can be a singer or something.” Matt still worn a frown, his face unchanging.

“Jimmy, we’d have to ask Thor too. Besides, we don’t know anything about her. We couldn’t get in contact with her even if we wanted to.”

“Not true. We could write back or call directory. They’d give us her number,” I argued. Matt sighed, rubbing his temples.

“I agree with Jimmy.” Everyone’s head snapped to look over at Johnny. He raised his hands in defense, shrugging. “What? If she’s telling the truth we could give her one huge adventure before she passes.”

I don’t think I’ve ever loved the short man so much. I grinned, turning to Matt. He looked between the two of us before looking at Zacky and then Brian. “Any arguments?”

“Sounds fun to me,” Zacky replied with grin. Brian shrugged, his sign that he didn’t mind either way. Matt sighed, turning back to me.

“Fine, you win. Call directory and find her number. We’ll call her after I talk to Thor,” Matt announced, standing to his feet. I pumped a fist in the air as a sign of victory as Matt walked into the kitchen, no doubt to talk to Thor privately. Looks like Jimmy Sullivan wins again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter for today. Hopefully someone is reading this and like it and wants to leave a comment? :)