Status: New Story- Complete

Imprinted on My Heart

Chapter 19

Alex’s POV

I barked and mentally chuckled as I watched Brice walk into a tree, he had been too busy thinking of Jo to look where he was going.

I turned at the sound of Gabe’s laughter in my head to see him rolling around on the floor, his muzzle open in a comical expression as he mentally laughed his head off
“Oh man! Oh man that is so funny” he got through his laughs. I chuffed in agreement before my head shot to the right.

Gabe stopped laughing and got to his paws
“what?” he asked, I shook my head and motioned to the right
“do you smell that?” I asked, his head lifted and he sniffed the air before giving a small sneeze
“smells like vampire” he growled, I nodded.

Trotting to Brice I helped him to his feet and he winced
“god is that vampire I smell?” he asked, I nodded and looked to my side to see Gabe alert and ready
“well come on guys, let’s go get ‘em” Gabe said and together we loped off towards the scent.

I stopped and frowned, we had followed the smell to a small area of dense woods, I didn’t like where this was heading. I lifted my head and looked around for Brice and Gabe but they must have been ahead of me.

I caught up to them
“guys, I think this is a trap” I told them, they stopped to face me
“What?” Brice asked though that was the last thing said as seven vampires dropped from the dense foliage of the tree, on top of us and we were suddenly fighting for our lives.

One came right at me straight away and I jumped at him, throwing myself against him so he landed back on the ground and I promptly ripped his throat out.

It gave the other vampires enough time to come at me though and one managed to wrap his arms around my chest, pulling me off his friend, while squeezing the life out of me. I howled and ripped at his legs with my hind legs making him let go of me long enough that I could turn and pounce on him.

I got him to the ground and went for the throat but he grabbed my muzzle and hauled me over his head. I skidded across the floor before flipping over onto my paws and crouching low, growling at him.

He glared at me before running towards me, I was focused on him as I ran to meet him, so focused I didn’t notice another coming at me from the side and I found myself suddenly flying through the air into a large, thick tree.

I hit it hard enough for the thick trunk to crack and limbs to fall off around me. One managed to land on my back making me howl in pain but I managed to bring myself to my feet and limp around to face the two vampires making their way to me at angles, cutting off escape.

I glanced around to see that Gabe and Brice had taken out two more vampires and were fighting the other two, occupied so I was alone.

I crouched low and growled menacingly, making them pause for a second before continuing towards me.

I readied myself to jump at the one on the left, the larger one, when I heard Gabe grunt in pain before mental silence. I looked over to see him knocked out on the ground, Brice getting tackled to the ground as well.

I instinctively went to jump to aid my friends which gave the two after me the opening they needed to slam into me, taking me to the ground. One pushed down on my chest, crushing my ribs while the other took my head by the muzzle making sure I couldn’t bite them and slamming my head repeatedly into the ground.

My vision went hazy first and then it was like looking down a long tunnel. I tried to call out mentally to anyone else in wolf form from the pack but it felt like there was static in my head and then my conscious gave in on me and it went black.

Maeve’s POV

I groaned my vision swam as I got to my feet; I shuffled to my bed and sat at the edge, near enough falling onto it. I placed my head in my hands and shut my eyes tight, my head felt like it was in a vice.

Colours swam behind my lids until seeming to stretch and lengthen before I was free falling down a tunnel, falling forwards into abyss; the only thing at the end being an image of Alex.

No One’s POV

A wolf sniffed the ground, following a familiar scent.

Entering a dense part of woodland he followed the trail on and found himself in a small battlefield. Looking around there were trees knocked over and blood everywhere, the foliage damaged and ripped out.

Lying on the ground were three wolves, two awake while one was knocked out. The two awake had managed to crawl over to the knocked out wolf and were licking his wounds in the hope of helping while letting out their own grunts of pain.

The lone wolf lifted its head back and let out one almighty howl. The two injured wolves looked up at him and gave small dips of their heads before laying their heads on their paws and watching their friends.

The three wolves were escorted back to the alpha’s house and when the door was opened by a beautiful woman, she gasped and covered her mouth in shock, tears coming to her eyes.

She stepped out of the way and let the few men carry the unconscious wolf inside the house and into the wolves’ room.

Once the wolf was placed on the bed the men stepped back and watched as the magic fled the wolf and in his place laid a boy they knew well.

The woman rushed into the room and around the group of men, falling to her knees by the bed side and taking the boys hand in her own as she cried over him.

A man stepped into the room and nodded to the men in gratitude, they nodded back before leaving the room, leaving the parents with their son.

Annette’s POV

Tears fell from my eyes in streams as I looked over my son, Alex looked nearly dead.

Adolf came and placed a hand on my shoulder, offering comfort as he looked over Alex with a broken expression. I looked up at him and he looked back just as sad, footsteps came down the hall and Matt entered curious
“what’s going on...” he asked but faded off once he saw Alex. Matt’s eyes filled with tears as well at the sight of Alex lying there and a sob escaped me, seeing he was upset as well. Adolf let go of me and walked to Matt
“come on son, we’ll go in the other room” he took Matt by the shoulder and led him from the room.

I looked over Alex and shook my head before getting to my feet and wiping my eyes, heading towards Alex’s desk where he left his phone before he left.

Picking it up I looked through the contacts and dialled Maeve’s number.

I waited for it to be picked up and once it was I heard the frantic tone of Kim, Mia’s mother
“Alex?” she asked frantically
“no it’s Anne” I told her, she let out a sob
“oh Anne, something’s happened to Maeve” she said. My heart dropped out of my feet, this couldn’t happen
“what happened?” I asked desperately
“she just passed out, we heard thump from her room, came up to find her passed out on the ground, ashen” she sobbed, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath
“bring her here” I told her
“ok, is Alex there?” she asked, I sighed and looked at my broken boy
“he’s here and in bad shape too, which is why I think Maeve passed out, they are connected to each other and I think she must have felt him get hurt” I told her, she sobbed once more
“Oh these poor children” she exclaimed, I nodded
“yes, bring her round as quick as you can” I told her again, she assented and then I hung up.

Kim arrived with Maeve and we laid her in the bed next to Alex after Adolf had covered him up slightly and then left the room, hoping that having them together might help in some way.