It's Not A Question But A Lesson Learned In Time

Lord Knows I Tried To Find A Way To Run Away

My eyes flew open as I heard a loud tapping. I sat up, I must have fallen asleep. I looked at my window and saw James, sitting on the tree branch that stuck out by my window, laughing at me. I unlocked my window and opened it to let him in, wiping away the tears that had formed in my eyes from the memory.

“Sorry. I forgot I’d locked it.”
“So what happened?” he asked sitting in my bean back that was situated just next to my bed.
I sat back on my bed and explained the argument with my dad, in pretty specific detail. James just listened and waited until I was finished before saying anything, like he always did, which was something I loved about talking to him. He didn’t interrupt.
“Wow. You actually said it was his fault?” James asked in shock. I nodded, wiping another tear away.
“I was just so angry. Maybe I’m being selfish, but I don’t want them to do this again. I’m just scared of what might happen this time.”
“I know you are Frankie. And I wouldn’t say your being selfish exactly. But, just look at it from their point of view. This was their whole life, and this was all they knew how to do then. I know your dad’s got a new job and so have the other guys, but, nothing will be able to replace how they felt when they were on stage, maybe they just need that thrill again.”
“Well like I said. If they want to do it then fine, But I’m not going to stick around to watch.”
“Why do I get the feeling you don’t just mean not stick around to watch the gig?”
I didn’t say anything, I didn’t really need to, he knows me too well. He knows what I really mean.
“Where are you going to go?”
I shrugged.
“I was thinking London.”
“London?! Why so far?!” he exclaimed.
“Because Hannah’s there.”
“Oh. You don’t have to Frankie. Please don’t go. You can stay with me for a bit.” He offered but I shook my head.
“No. The point of this is getting away from here. And if it means going to London then that’s where I’ll go.”
“What about Joey?”
“He will be so much happier if I’m not here. Because when I am all he hears is me and dad argue.”
“You’re insane! Do you even have enough money?”
“I have like $800 saved up, which is enough to get by for a couple of weeks with food and any rent I’ll have to pay. And I if have to, I’ll get a job while I’m there. Plus in London I would only have to stay in school until I’m 16 anyway. So I don’t have to worry about that.”
“What about getting there? I doubt your dad will agree to buying your plane ticket!” I didn’t say anything again. “You’re not planning on telling him are you? How exactly are you planning to do this?!”
“It's pretty simple actually. Today or tomorrow I’ll borrow my dad’s card, and book the ticket while he’s out or something, for Friday while they’re at Gilman’s. I’ll leave a note and everything. I’m not going to just disappear. And I’ll send a letter occasionally to let him know I’m ok and stuff. I’ll ring Hannah in a bit and see if I can either stay with her, or if she knows any cheap places I can stay.”
“I assume that nothing I say will stop you or make you change your mind?” I shook my head.
“Sorry.”
“I’m going to miss you. My midget moron of a friend.” He sighed pulling me off the bed onto the floor next to him so he could hug me.
“I do have one favor to ask though…”
“Shoot?”
“Could you give me a ride to the airport?”
“Sure. But if your dad asks, I’m telling him I had no part in this!”
“Fine by me.”

We sat talking for a long while after, just about everything, like we normally did. About half eight, James decided he should probably go home, so he gave me another hug and climbed back out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. Kinda short... More of a filler I guess. Should get more interesting soon :)

Cassie x

P.S Chapter title is from Restless Heart Syndrome.