Andromeda's Poison

004.

The doctor that came with the girl was Santa Claus in a lab coat. He was old, early sixties, with a bright grin, large blue eyes, red cheeks, and a large belly. All he needed was the 'ho, ho, ho'.

"Its very nice to meet you, Mr. St. James."

He also had a deep voice. Of course.

They shook hands when the doctor had arrived to his house, the butler chuckled a bit as he told his master how an oversized man had just arrived in a lab coat large enough to warm up twenty children in Tibet for the long, long winter.

He had always appreciated Eduard's sense of humor.

"Very nice to meet you too, Doctor…"

"Kaplan. Dr. Noah Kaplan."

Eduard snorted.

He coughed. "Please, follow me to the living room. Eduard will take your things upstairs to your room."

His house was perched on top of a cliff looking out into the vast atlantic ocean, his walls made out of bullet proof glass. There were three floor in total if you didn't count the basement which contained all of his old childhood stuff, things he didn't want to remember.

The main floor contained a large living room with a wish fountain underneath a glass top. Almost everyday he would slip a penny or two into the little holes he made in the glass, always making a different wish. An aquarium-like wall filled with hundreds of small fish separated the living room from the gourmet kitchen which lied besides the door that led to the dining room.

On the second floor were five bedrooms, two occupied by himself and Eduard, and the rest guest rooms the girl and the doctor would be utilizing. They were fairly spacious, with walk-in closets that connected to their own restroom.

The last floor was made especially for him. With sound proof walls, a shiny grand piano and a beautiful maple and spruce cello, his life was set in this room. There was a reason why he was incredibly famous around the world for his cello.

He almost never left the room. He had a restroom connected to the studio, and if he got hungry he could always pick up his phone and call Eduard to make him something to eat.

Not only was Eduard a brother to him, but he was an incredible chef too. The only reason he helped him with house chores was because he didn't want to take the money Yurik offered to him from the start. He opted to work for him instead, using that money for culinary school.

"Where is the girl?" The doctor snapped him out of his trance, as he turned his head towards him.

"Chained to her bed." Yurik responded calmly, giving a short shrug. "She was still sleeping when she got here. Those tranquilizers they gave her surely do the job."

The doctor scoffed. "Well, yes. I made them specially for the potentium. When one of them first tried to escape we tried normal tranquilizers but apparently those only stop them for a couple minutes. They regain their strength soon after."

"Do you think the wrap will hold? The other people were sure to bind her eyes tighter than ever before."

"Did you tie down her arms and legs?"

"Yes."

Dr. Kaplan gave him a toothy grin. "Then it's a-okay. In about an hour or so we'll inject her with Andromeda and all will be well."

"I see." He passed a hand through his hair. "Are you okay… with that?"

"Do you mean if I'm okay with them being treated like pets?" The doctor's smile started to bother him just a bit. "As a doctor my job is to help out my patients. It doesn't matter who they are or what they are. All in all, I help them get better one way or another. Plus, the pay is good."

Yurik stared at him incredulously.

"But! At the same time, I'm only human. This girl who bought is very special to me. Very dear. Her powers are unique which is why they chose me to be her doctor."

"Oh," He looked down at his hands that were currently fidgeting with the end of his flannel shirt. "Do you know her well?"

"Her?" He paused. "Somewhat. I know her records."

"Then how is she dear to you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You could say that after our few conversations she's quite… lovely."

"Do you know her name?"

"That?" He smiled. "That you'll have to figure out on your own."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 comments are loved.