Andromeda's Poison

005.

'What did you do?! You-, you demon!' She covered her face as her mother threw a chair towards her, her small body bearing the pain.

It wasn't the first time.

The first time she had torn their dog to pieces. The beautiful yellow lab, the sweet little thing that she got for her third Christmas, she ripped apart by the time she was six. She was dripping with blood, tears, and snot as she cried out for her mommy over and over and over.

Her mother worked late hours as the CEO of a company along with her dad. Her family never lacked money but she certainly lacked attention. Her parents raised her with a nanny until she was five, figuring she was responsible enough to take care of herself by then and there was no need to waste more earnings.

By the time her dog had been massacred her parents became scared. They knew that if they put their daughter in a psychiatric ward it would go back to the press and their rivaling companies would have a feast with it. It would destroy what they had created. So they did what the had to do.

They locked her in the basement. They would bring a platter of food every morning and every night on the stairs. She would cry out to them, grabbing onto their legs and begging for them not to leave her there anymore. She would promise over and over that she would be a good girl this time, that she wouldn't do what she had done, that she would try harder.

But they would just kick her aside. They would tell her they were doing this for her own good and shut the door without another word.

It wasn't until she turned twelve that she became desperate for attention. She would slam herself against the walls over and over, she would scream and throw fits, she would cry until her voice gave out. Each time one of her parents left her food she would grab onto their hands, pulling them down with her. It came to the point where they had to slap or kick her away begging for her to let go before things got worse.

She grew angry.

One day when her father left a platter of sandwiches on the stairs she grabbed onto him just as she always did. He slapped her away, pushing against her stomach, grabbing the doorknob with his free hand. But she snapped.

She kept hollering over and over, 'Don't leave me papa! Please! I'll be good! I'll be good, I promise. Don't leave me here again!'

He had to let her go. He kept saying how he could never raise a monster like her. How he could never raise a monster like her. How he could never love a monster like her.

And she let go.

Her eyes snapped open as she watched the door close yet again, leaving her in the darkness.
Not this time. She didn't have to move an inch. The doorknob slowly turned at her will as she stepped inside the house she hadn't been in for years. She walked the carpet she hadn't felt, she roamed the halls she hadn't seen, and she entered the living room she hadn't enjoyed with her father for years.

And she watched as he carried a small, little baby without even noticing her. She watched as he stroked her cheek and lifted her up in the air and down again. She watched as he cooed at her, murmuring against her ear how she was
his baby girl and no one else.

It broke. Her heart broke as she couldn't help but watch as her father gently placed the baby down, turning towards her, green eyes locked with fear, head shaking side to side begging her to spare him and his baby.

She couldn't help herself. His neck snapped within a second, his limp body slamming across the room. She walked over to where her little baby sister was, a devious smile spreading across her face. By that time the little girl was crying, tears streaming down her face. But that didn't matter. She lifted her up, kissing her forehead and pressing her cheek against hers, whispering, "We're safe now."

It was then her mother walked into the penthouse, eyes widening as she kneeled next to her dead husband. Anger rose through her body as she lifted up a chair, throwing it against her oldest daughter, screaming over and over she should burn in hell. She realized all too late.

The only thing she had actually hit had been her little baby girl which the eldest had used as shield. The little thing was now bleeding, her crying slowly dying with her. The oldest girl placed the little girl back in her crib, head turning towards her sobbing mother. She lifted a hand, pulling her mother towards her with a wave of her fingers until they were inches from each other.

The mother was weeping, but she wasn't sure if it was for her baby or her life. The girl smiled at her, pressing her hand against her cheek, bringing her closer until their noses touched.

"See what
you did?"

She strangled her mother until there were no more tears, no more twitching, no more air. And that was that.


~ + ~

"Yurik! You have to come quickly." Eduard called as he slammed the studio door open. "Come on."

"What is it?" He turned his head towards him, bow pressing against his cello's strings.

"It's the girl." Eduard took a deep breath in. "She's awake."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 comments are loved.