‹ Prequel: In Your Mind
Status: New. Read the prequels.

Like We Used To

Chapter 10

I swallowed and raised my arm awkwardly, folding it in my lap. I tried to ignore the smirks John and Ross were sending me. I turned my head and listened as Marcie and my Mom began talking, about me of course.

"So.." John spoke up. "Have you fucked her yet?"

"John!" Heidi exclaimed, trying to stifle her giggles.

"Ha ha," I mumbled. "Laugh now while you can."

"Okay." Shane grinned before he too, started laughing.

I scowled and smacked him in the back of the head before crossing my arms. They're all too fucking immature. About everything.

I huffed and sat up as Marcie walked in. She immediately began walking over to me. I brushed my hair back and licked my lips.

I was thankful that Kyle was outside with my brothers and Mindy. I shuddered at the mere thought of her name.

Marcie sat down next to me and laced our hands together. I cleared my throat. "Marcie this is my cousins, John, Ross and Shane." I motioned towards them. "And my best friend, Heidi."

"It's such a pleasure to finally meet the girl that brings a smile to his face." John smirked, shaking her hand. "He never shuts up about you."

"Really?" Marcie asked shyly.

"What?" Shane asks, a confused look on his face. "I haven't heard him mention a single-" John abruptly elbowed him in the ribs.

"Oh!" He groaned. "Marcie, I thought you said Mindy."

"Mindy?"

I turned around too see Kyle with raised eyebrows, Mindy at his side. Per usual. "What about Mindy?"

I could tell by the look he was sending me that the question was directed at me. I cleared my throat before shuffling my feet. "I uh- Um, Shane said she was pretty."

"No," Shane interrupted shaking his head, "We were talking about how much Jinx talked about Marcie and I thought he said Mindy."

"Shane." John smacked his forehead. "Go home."

"But that's at least three blocks-"

"Go home."

Shane muttered something incoherent as he walked outback, "I'm gonna go outside, There's no way in hell I'm walking home."

An awkward silence seemed to hover over the room as we all seemed to glance at each other. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I met eye to eye with Mindy. Her mouth dropped open a little as her eyes starred at me in disbelief.

She better believe it, I'm not getting any nicer.

"Who's Marcie?" Kyle asked bluntly.

Marcie shook her hand at him before smiling. I laced our hands together, "This is Marcie, my girlfriend. Marcie, this is Kyle and his.... girlfriend."

Marcie smiled politely and began to try to talk with Mindy. I strained to listen in and caught a few odd things.

One stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Maybe we could double date sometime!"

John burst out laughing as he began slapping the counter repeatedly. "Oh god, jeezus, why do you do these things? This is too funny."

I scowled at him before sliding in next to Heidi. She cracked a smile at me and shook her head softly. "Somethings gonna happen tonight."

"Why do you think that?"

"Do you see what's already gone on?" She questioned in disbelief. "And I have that gut feeling I always get."

"Ooooh," I mocked, making my hands tremble. "I'm so afraid."

She narrowed her eyes at me and whacked my upside the head, messing up my neatly brushed hair. I frowned and began quickly combing through it.

"Don't touch the hair." I joked, trying to sound tough.

She rolled her eyes before leaning up and combing her fingers through it. "I miss these times when it was just me, you, John and the guys."

"Mainly Garrett." I teased.

She laughed lightly as a light blush covered her cheeks. "Yeah.. kinda."

I looked up as she stopped talking and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?" I asked look behind us.

"Some body's jealous." She mumbled.

"What?" I inquired nudging her arm.

"Your girlfriend is jealous." She pointed out, motioning her head towards Marcie's direction. "If I was her, I would be jealous too."

I laughed before shaking my head. "Yeah, you know it. You have every female glaring at the mere sight of you."

She gasped and punched me in the arm. "Your sarcasm is improving."

"Thanks for noticing."

"You're welcome." She said, picking at her nails. "What are your plans for tomorrow evening, Mr. O'callaghan?"

I smirked and brought my hand to my chin. "Are you asking me out on a date, Miss. Smith?"

"Yeah you know it." She said sarcastically. "No, actually, I was hoping we could all like go to the park or something and you have Garrett come..."

I rolled my eyes and sighed before flopping back onto her. I scooted down and laid my head in her lap as she absentmindedly brushed my hair.

"I feel so loved that you would let me go through all the yelling and convincing to bring Garrett to the park." I teased. "For you."

"It could be like.. an early birthday present?" She asked hopefully.

"Your birthday is in December." I said flatly. "It's June."

"A really reaaally early present?"

"Who gives a fuck anymore?" I threw my hand up. "All I ask for is a little peace, respect and this is what I receive everyday?"

I turned my head abruptly as I heard snickers coming from across the room. Ross and Shane were laughing uncontrollably.

"You sound like our Dad." Shane admitted.

I flipped him the bird and peered up at Heidi's face as it hovered inches above mine. Her lip was sucked into her mouth as she starred down at me intently. She abruptly jutted it out and started pouting.

I sighed, "Alright, I'll see what I can do."

A grin soon replaced her pout as she quickly latched her skinny arms around my neck. She leaned down and kissed my cheek before she rapidly began to thank me over and over. I rolled my eyes at her childish antics and pushed her face away.

"Yeah yeah," I mumbled. "Wipe that shit eating grin off your damn face."

She laughed and hugged me ounce as I continued to struggle to push her off. "Whoah!" John yelled walking into the room. "I leave for like, ten seconds to grab a coke and come back to find Heidi raping Jinx. What has the world come to?"

"Lead singers with mullets." I stated bluntly.

John glared at me. He abruptly stepped up and whacked my upside the head. "Gay English literature professors." He smirked.

"He's not gay.." Marcie stated. It came off as more as a question.

"Course not," John said shrugging. "Everyone knows little ole' Jinx is the straightest man alive, ever, in the whole world."

"And Kyle is?" I inquired.

"Hey!" Kyle defended. "Don't bring me into this. I see where this whole mess is going, and it sure isn't good."

"Hunny," I drawled out gazing at him. "You're in this whether you like it or not."

"And if I don't want to be?"

"Well that's too damn bad." I snapped. "You better get fucking used to it. Not everyone loves perfect little Kyle. You're not at all like the image your fans think you live up too."

Kyle gaze hardened as he briskly walked over towards me. I abruptly pushed Heidi off me and stood up, straight and tall.

He stopped inches from my face as were just starred at each other. His frown twitched as he continued to look for something in my eyes.

I just prayed he wouldn't try to kiss me. This shouldn't be happening. We shouldn't be this close to each other. I don't need this. He doesn't need me. We shouldn't need each other.

But I want him.

I licked my dry lips as his glared seemed to soften. He brushed his shaggy blond hair out of his eyes as he cocked his head to the side.

Right there, in front of everyone, I threw my arms around his neck and smashed my mouth against his. He was startled for a second, then his strong bony arms wrapped around me so tightly I could hardly breath.

"Shit just got real." I heard Ross mumble, but still Kyle and I kissed, slanting our heads this way and that to get closer. I could have stood there and kissed him happily for the rest of the day.

I reluctantly ended the kiss, took a step back. Kyle's eyes were glittering brightly, and his pale face had a look of wonder on it.

"I just screwed up again.. didn't I?" I asked quietly.

A half smile quirked his mouth. "Yeah, kinda." He brought his finger up to my chin and raised it up the slightest bit.

"But I think I liked it." He wondered aloud. "Yeah, I did."

I grinned shyly and shuffled my feet. I didn't have time to blink as butterfly's erupted all over my body. I could feel the blush crawling up my neck. I felt as if I was a little girl who just received her first kiss.

And I liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
HOLY WOLVERINE TICKS.
What just happened!?!

;D
I promised a little something something. xD
Commennnnnnnnnt!

You've Become The Rain
The Devil's Deal

READ THOSE.