Blue Sky and Other Things That Are Good For You

“Oh you make me feel good, good enough to love again”

I woke up to soft kisses running up and down my neck. A smile crept onto my face as I turn in Ryans arms. His eyes were still closed and he pressed his lips against mine. Well, okay then, not exactly what I expected so early in the morning, but I wasn’t exactly arguing.

His hands pulled me closer and I laughed a little when I felt his hard-on against my leg. The humor washed away when he ran his hands under my shirt and unclasped my bra. “Ryan!” I say, loud enough for him to hear and his eyes shoot opened, shocked and scared. I raise my eyebrows as he bites his lip, letting go of me.

“that wasn’t a dream?” he asks, confused.

That made me laugh again while clasping my bra. “not even close.”

“shit” he mumbles, his cheeks turning crimson red.

“aw, Ryan’s blushing!” I squeal. He glares at me as I smile innocently.

“I’m sorry Sky, really.”

“uh-huh. I’m sure you are.”

There was a knock on the door and then Ricks voice, “get up and dressed, you have thirty minutes!” he calls out and then walks away.

“I think it’s sweet that you dream about me.” I comment, getting out of bed and going over to the closet. “what should I wear today?”

“Jeans and a sweater should be fine.” He says, “I’m gonna take a shower.” He disappears into the bathroom while I go through the clothes he packed. Finally, I choose a green and grey sweater and some plain dark jeans. While looking through the clothes, I noticed Ryan didn’t pack any of my torn clothes which slightly pissed me off. I liked my torn jeans.

I heard a scream coming from the bathroom and dropped the clothes, “you okay Ryan?” I call out, going toward the door. There wasn’t an answer. I hear the water turn off and couple minutes later he steps out of the bathroom, bright red.

And I don’t mean he was blushing, no, he was literally bright red, as in his skin was dyed BRIGHT RED. I burst out laughing, not able to hold it in.

Ryans glare makes me stop though, or at least control it more, “red- uh, looks good on you.” I say, giggling.

“oh, I think it’s your turn for the shower.”

“not a chance.” I say, skipping off to the bathroom to change my clothes, and then head back out. Ryan, still red, had changed into his usual jeans and t-shirt, ready to head out. I laughed again at the sight of him. Damn, it’s going to be hard to top that prank.

We left the room and went downstairs to meet everyone. Every other teenager in the room had their skin died a different color than the next, except for me that is.

“you’re taking a shower first tomorrow,” Ryan states, attempting to grab my hand but I pull it away.

“you’re not touching me until that has dried more. I don’t want to be beet red.”

“and I do?”

“of course.”

Lydia was the first to noticed I wasn’t dyed a certain color and walked up to us, “oh come on! That’s not fair!” she complains.

“I think it’s totally fair.” I say.

“but how? We put it in your guys’ body wash.”

“I know.” Ryan grumbles.

“ah, you just said it, our body wash, Ryan took a shower first and I wasn’t taking the chance of getting turned red.”

“but-but-“

Her dad interrupted, explaining the rules to the scavenger hunt. Certain stuff stood out to me, like the fact we couldn’t be paired with someone from the same intermediate family. But what about me? I’m not related by marriage or blood with anyone here. Mr. Richards names off the couples. “Kyle Brimson and Sky Reynolds.” Ryan tenses next to me as my eyes widen. What!?

“okay everyone, find your partners.”

“Ryan, do I have to do this?” I beg.

“you’re the one who said first impressions mean nothing.” He replies. He was paired with another cousin of his, Bridget, who was a junior.

“fine.” I grumble. He leans down and gives me a kiss, pulling back a couple inches after it, “are my lips red?” I wonder out loud.

“nope.” Ryan replies.

“good.” I kiss him again and then let go, “I should go find Kyle.” I say, stepping back from him.

Bridget chimes in then, “he’s bright orange if that helps!” I laugh and scan the room, spotting him in the same corner as last time.

“see you two later.” I say, and walk over to Kyle, taking a seat beside him.

He looks up at me and scowls, turning back to his paper. I wasn’t hearing music this morning, which confused me.

“I have a feeling you’re not going to do the scavenger hunt.” I say, breaking the silence.

He pulls his headphones down and glances over at me, “what? Since you’re not family you’re excused from the pranks?” he questions, not answering me.

“no, I’m just smart enough to dodge them.” I reply. I look down at the list of supplies that we needed to find and smile. We were going to win this.

“what are you smiling about now.”

“not like you actually care.” I say, pulling out my zune and notebook. I crank up Cake and ignore Kyles stares. Everyone had left by now, and it was just me and Kyle in the lobby. About fifteen minutes into it I cross of almost the whole list, pulling each out of my bag.

Hairbrush-check

Comb-check

Fifty dollar bill- check

Pencil-check

Drawing of a person-check

Rabbits Foot-check

Candy bar- check

Sunscreen-check (with a smile)

Flashlight-check

Picture (in a picture frame)-check

A Jane Austen book-check

Safety Pin-check

“do you have a pine cone on you?” I ask Kyle, doubting that he actually would.

He turns to his right and then back to me, holding a pine cone, “we have to take something from over break to my art class.” He explains, I nod and check it off on the list.

Pine Cone-check

The last one that we needed was the on that made me laugh

Bra-

I stand up and walk around so that I was out of his view. Then I reach up and unclasp my bra, taking it off and walking back to the pile.

Bra-check.

“okay, let’s go.” I say. Putting everything in the bag that was given to us for the scavenger hunt.

He looks at me confused but follow anyways. We were supposed to take everything to the front desk, where a guy about 19 would be checking everything off. No one was around, except for the guy behind the counter, when we showed up.

He looks up at us, surprised that we finished so quickly, “did you two cheat?”

“not at all.” I answer.

He goes down the list, pulling each item out individually. “well, looks like you two win. Surprisingly.” He sets everything there on the counter, “who drew the picture of Ryan?” the guy asks.

I blush. It was a boring Saturday afternoon and we were in his room doing homework. The picture was of him sitting on his window seat watching me with a smug smile, he still doesn’t know I was drawing him. “I, uh, did.” I answer.

“well, it’s very good.”

“thanks.” I say, embarrassed now. I hand the pine cone back to Kyle and start to put everything back into my bag.

“you’ve got to be kidding me.” I hear Ryans voice behind us.

“Hey babe.” I say, slightly nervous since I still hadn’t put away the photo or drawing.

“you guys won?” he asks, shocked.

“five minutes ago,” the guy behind the counter says.

I smile sweetly and shrug. “but I was in our room and you never showed up!”

“we didn’t leave the lobby.” I say.

“but-but- the photograph and-and bra! Even the rabbits foot!” Bridget was laughing next to him.

“I had a framed photo with me and lucky rabbits foot on my key chain, you know that. And the bra…well, obviously I had one of those on me.”

“you didn’t.”

I shrug, “not in front of him, don’t worry.”

“what photograph did you have? That was framed?”

“uh, just some silly thing that I like to carry around with me.”

“Sky…” He tries to look around me as I try to make it so that he couldn’t see. Obviously though, with him taller than I was, that wasn’t working too well.

The only things that were still on the counter was the photograph, drawing, sunscreen, and my bra. I turn quickly and grab the photograph and drawing, holding them against my chest.

“please?”

“nope. It’s a secret.” I say.

“a very cute secret.” The guy behind the counter says. Without letting ryan see, I slip the two items into my bag and grab the sunscreen tossing it in there too. Ryan though, had picked up my bra, smirking.

“you’ll get it back when I see the picture.” He says.

I roll my eyes, walking past him to our room.

“why won’t you show me?” he asks, catching up with me.

“why do you care so much?”

“at least show me the drawing. Please?” we were in the elevator by now and I sigh, giving in.

“fine. But only if you give me back my bra.”

“deal.”

I pull out the folded picture and hand it to him, taking my bra out of his hands. He slowly unfolds it while I slip the bra back on.

“you drew a picture of me?” he asks, slightly shocked.

I blush and nod, fiddling around with the clips in the back. “I was bored.” I say as an excuse.

He smiles, glancing at the picture one last time before folding it back up and handing it to me. “so you had all of the stuff in your bag?”

“except for the pine cone, that came from Kyles bag.”

“so, what’s next on the ‘to do’ list today?” I ask after a couple minutes of silence as we walk to the room.

“washing this stuff off of me.” He says, entering our room. I laugh and close the door behind me.

“I have just the stuff.” I say, walking over to my bag, “let’s see…” I go through it until I find the baking soda I carry with me everywhere.

“baking soda?”

“makes everything clean, come on.” He follows me to the bathroom and I take out a paper towel, getting it wet before dipping it in some baking soda, “hand” I say and he holds out his hand. I give a little pressure as I slide the paper towel against his palm. A good amount of the color fades.

“holy shit, it worked!” he freaks.

“yeah, but I don’t think I have enough baking soda for your whole body. Take a hot shower and get as much off as you can with the non-dyed soap, and then we’ll work on the rest.”

“ugh. Whatever.” he strips off his shirt before I even make my way to the door, I laugh and walk around him to get out.

“where are you going?” he asks, knowing exactly where I was going.

“I have no desire to watch you strip.” I say, opening and then quickly closing the door. I heard Ryans laugh and then the shower starting. While he was in there, I decided to flip through the channels, attempting to find something worthwhile on. Sadly, there was nothing. Then, out of no where, a rerun (obviously) of Whose Line is it Anyway? Came on. The. Best. Show. EVER!!!

I was so glued on the T.V. laughing my ass off that when the shower turned off, I didn’t notice. I also didn’t notice Ryan walking out. What I did notice was when he said “boo!” and jumped on the bed next to me.

I screamed and fell off the edge. “RYAN!” I scream at the top of my lungs. He was laughing on the bed, and I sit up. His skin was almost back to normal, now it looked like he got a terrible sunburn.

“you’re so dead!” I say, throwing a pillow at him before climbing back onto the bed.

“death by a pillow? What are you going to do, suffocate me?” he questions.

“my ways of making you dead will not be discussed with you personally.” I say with all seriousness. Ryan rolls his eyes at me.

“want to watch a movie?” he asks.

“nope. This is perfectly fine.”

“what is?”

“Whose line is it anyway?” I state matter of factly, although it was on commercial at the moment.

“well then, what do you want to do during commercial?” he says, and I knew what he was getting at.

“you have such a weird mind Ryan.”

“can’t argue you with that.”

The show came back on and I leaned my head against his chest while we sat there laughing for hours.

I don’t know what time it is, but someone just knocked on the door, waking me up.

“you two ready for dinner?” Lydia asks. At that Ryan shoots out of bed, with me not far behind.

“almost!” Ryan calls back, rushing around the room. I quickly stripped to my undergarments and slid on the dress Ryan was making me wear. I put my hair up into a French twist and slipped on the heels Ryan packed. My make-up consisted of mascara and Chap Stick and I was done. I tossed my Chap Stick, phone, and camera into a clutch and put on the pair of earrings from Ryans parents. With they ‘Sky’ necklace, everything looked neatly put together, and it had only been five minutes.

Ryan came out of the bathroom, struggling with his tie. I walk up to him and set my clutch aside, grabbing both ends and quickly tying it. Before letting go I pull him down for a quick kiss.

We were about to rush out of the room when I realized he wasn’t wearing his jacket. I run back in and grab it for him, “jacket,” I say, handing over the black sports-jacket type thingamajig. Whatever you want to call.

“thanks.” He says, slipping it on while we practically ran down the hall.

For two sleeping teenagers, we got ready in quite some time.

“So you two decided to join us after all.” Mr. Richards says with a wink. I blushed as I took my seat next to Lydia and Ryan sat down on the other side of me.

I scanned the room and noticed that all of the teenagers were back to their original skin color, well, mostly.

“let’s do a toast!” Mrs. Richards suggests and everyone falls silent. “I would just like to thank everyone for being here. Especially Ricks family and Ryans girlfriend, Sky.” Of course she would mention me. “well, now everyone dig in!”

I ate a little bit of everything and felt well fed afterwards. Bridget talked to me for most of the night, about…well, everything. By the end, I was exhausted, but also hyper. I think I had one too many glasses of wine. And by that I mean I had one glass of wine.

“Ryan!” I say as we finally reach the elevator and get in.

he laughs at my enthusiastic voice, “what Sky?”

“your family is like…all happy. It’s scary.”

“yeah, it kind of is.” He says with a chuckle, “what do you want to do?”

“watch a movie.” I answer quickly.

“okay then…what movie?”

“Poltergeist three.” He stood there frozen for a moment, eyes wide.

“they-they made a third one?”

I burst out laughing, “your face was priceless! Told ya you were scared! And yes, they did. But no, I don’t want to watch it. I want to watch…High School Musical!”

We were heading toward our room now and I was in the mood to skip, but resisted. “okay, we’ll watch High School Musical.” Ryan says, and grabs his key, unlocking the door.

I plop down on the bed, kicking off my painful heels and unzip my dress. Then I crawled under the covers to get nice and warm.

After getting the movie from room service, Ryan picks up my shoes and dress and takes them to the closet. He’s such a clean freak sometimes.

“you’re not going to bed in your underwear.” He states, tossing me my pajamas.

“you’re no fun.” I pout as I slip on the bottoms and tank top. The room service guy knocked and Ryan got the movie from him. “I was joking about the movie you know.”

“I know, but I thought it’d be fun to torture you. Ready?” he asks, pressing play and walking over to the bed, getting under the covers next to me. The sound was turned down so that we could talk over their annoying music.

“Ready for what?” I was confused.

“life. I don’t know. Just seemed like I should say it.”

“ah.” I turn to face him, leaning my head on my elbow, “hey Ryan, there’s something we need to talk about…” I trail off, slightly embarrassed about what was going to come.

Ryan looked worried, “what?” he asks.

“we haven’t really talked about it, and I guess there really isn’t exactly a reason to yet, but after this morning I thought I should bring it up.” I pause, waiting for a response that didn’t come, “Because of what happened with my parents, it seems obvious, that I would be one to wait awhile before sex…”

“oh god, really, this conversation?”

I smile, “well, I thought we should talk about it.” I say innocently.

He leans closer and pecks my lips, “I’ll try to control my dreams, okay?” this made me laugh.

“let’s go to bed. We’ve got a long day ahead of us.” I say, giving him a kiss goodnight and then rolling over to my side. My eyes fluttered close, exhaustion taking over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: Good by Kim Richey
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife