Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 15

The day after senior graduation was fairly exciting. Most people were hung over from the previous night’s events. Damon and I were laying in his room, cuddling with each other on his giant king sized bed.
“'So, I heard about this thing, it’s a ghost tour. What do you think?" I asked out of the blue. It was around the town that we lived in.
"Of course I heard about it. There are the annoying posters for it everywhere. Doesn't that sign say 'Do something spooky tonight!'?" he laughed to himself.
I playfully hit his arm. "It could be fun, you never know." I smiled up at him innocently. "Should we invite Sara and Stefan?"
"Do you want to be bummed out? I don't understand how they are still together. Sara is cute and hyper and Stefan is lame and boring." he scoffed.
"People probably say that about us." I sighed. It was true I knew that people said that about us. Even my mother did.
"The difference between us and them is that we actually have fun. Not to mention the fact that I'm not super lame like Saint Stefan." he was right; when we were around each other we were pretty obnoxious. Sara and Stefan; not so much.
"Getting back on subject, the tour starts at nine tonight. I already bought our tickets." I grabbed them from my pocket revealing the purchase date of two days ago. I knew that if I had asked him he would say yes. That was just how it worked- he was very gentlemanly like that.
"So you knew I would go?" I nodded placing the pieces of paper back into my pocket. "I couldn't say no to you. It’s kind of impossible." I kept smiling innocently.
I glanced at the clock around him; it read that it was 8:30 P.M. It was later than I had thought. I stood up and grabbed Damon's hand, dragging him off of the bed. I lead him down the staircase, still holding his hand.
"I know my own house, you don't need to parade me around it." he commented in a rude way.
"I figured you might need some help leaving this time." we came to the bottom of the stairs and saw Sara and Stefan waiting for us there. They had probably just gotten home because they weren't there before, and Damon usually tells me about them being home.
"Hey guys." I matched their ecstatic smiles. "What's up?" I felt like I was the only one that didn't know something.
"We have to tell you something." Sara said glancing up at Stefan, who nodded, before continuing. "We’re getting married." Not what I was expecting, but alright. She held out her hand to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. There was one diamond in the middle and small ones circling around it. It was extravagant and probably cost a fortune.
I wrapped my arms around Sara in a congratulatory hug and she hugged me tight enough that I couldn't breathe. I turned to Stefan and did the same thing. He was surprised at first, and I heard him laugh against me.
"That's great! I'm so happy for you guys!" I smiled at them.
"I hate to interrupt this joy fest, but we have to go." Damon grabbed my hand and was dragging me out of the house. With my free hand I turned around to wave.
It was decided that we would drive. I got into the passenger’s seat of the Ferrari and waited for Damon to get in on the other side, which wasn't too long. The walk started about three blocks down, but I didn't feel like walking to it. Although it was the end of May, the night was still slightly chilled. We arrived at the small bar where it started, we walked in and handed the tour guide our
tickets. I zipped up my purple flowered jacket and smiled up at Damon, who was getting flirty looks from the other teenage girls and the tour guide. I wasn't worried like I used to be before; I hardly admitted that to anyone, even myself.
"It'll be fun. Trust me. And if not, it'll probably be a funny story to tell later." I nudged him playfully with my shoulder.
"You know, I could say something really cute and boyfriendy, but both of us would find it pretty lame." I kissed his nose, catching jealous glares from the side.
"You know us to well." The tour was moments from starting and I looked and the tour guide who was counting to make sure that everyone was there. She gestured us to follow her and in a crowd we went out the door. We spent the first few minutes talking about the town’s history and being a ghost town.
We walked through the town stopping to hear a story about a building or home. The wind kicked up and I shivered slightly. Damon took off his leather jacket and helped me put it on. We walked farther, going down a dark alley with the group, and Damon grabbed my hand surprisingly. We continued walking like that until the tour was finished and we ended back at the bar where we had started. Damon and I thanked the lady, and handed her a tip. We walked a short way before I felt Damon spin me in his arms and dipped me down, and kissed me fiercely. After a few wonderful moments, he brought me back up, with a smirk across his face.
"What was that for?" I asked him, I wasn't complaining or anything, but he was acting suspicious.
"I felt like making some girls jealous." his eyes darted to the girls who were trying to look at us very indiscreetly.
"So the usual it seems." he nodded and we walked back to the car. An unkind part of me wanted to yell out the window 'Ha-ha! Suckers!' but, I didn't feel like it.
Damon dropped me off at my house that night, and kissed me goodbye. I walked up my stairs by myself. I drug myself into my room, knowing that my mom was already in bed, it was well past eleven. I had been at Damon's since the night before, we had our senior party with Sara and Stefan, and did nothing. Doing nothing with them was fun though; all of us had been through tons of crap together that we were all practically like family. Speaking of family, I wondered if Sara had told hers about her and Stefan.
Racing to my drawer I grabbed my phone from it, showing 13 missed phone calls from her. I quickly rang her back. The phone hardly had time to ring before she answered it.
"Kaylee! I need you to come over! Now!" she called desperately into the phone.
"Nice to hear from you to. Lovely weather we're having." I said jokingly.
"I'm serious!" She pleaded in a winey tone.
"Alright I'll be there in a half hour, I'm leaving now." I told her. I grabbed a bag and filled it with pajamas and a change of clothes for the next day. I wrote a note on the door for my mom and grabbed my keys. I had gotten a car the day before from graduation. I ran into the bathroom and grabbed my tooth brush and contact things and left the house. It was pitch black outside so I drove slower, making it take forever to get to her house.
When I drove into her drive way, she was already standing outside waiting for me. I parked behind her car and got out, leaving my bag in the car, just in case.
She tugged on my arm inside. I saw her parents waiting on their couch in the living room, both looking pretty angry. Her mom knew me, but I hardly ever met her dad. I was mildly scared.
"Kaylee will explain." she told them, leaving me to stand in front of their anger-filled eyes.
"What am I explaining?" I whispered to her, as she was going back to sit on the couch opposite of them.
"About Stefan and I." I knew where she was going with it. They looked at me with angry eyes, but Sara’s were nervous and anxious. It looked like she was going to cry.
"Well, Mr. and Mrs. Brennan, I know that it is way too young for her to be getting married-" I was cut off by her parents.
"Damn right it is! I don't need a teenage girl telling me things." her father yelled. I took a deep breath, pushing his comment aside.
"Look, you can yell all you want, but please, just let me speak uninterrupted, and then you can say whatever. But hear me out." her mom nodded and her father rolled his eyes. "As I was saying, they are too young to get married, but if you could see the way they look at each other, and speak. The small gestures they make toward each other. It's very clear that they are in love; even a blind man can see that.
"Sara is a smart girl; I know she had to have given a lot of thought about this before saying yes. And as for college, I know that they have both been accepted to the same one. She can continue classes, and Stefan has already spoken to his brother about the idea of them buying a house wherever they wanted." She wasn't supposed to know about that, it was something that Damon had mentioned to me earlier that night, but whatever worked. "I know for a fact that Sara and Stefan would make it work. You have nothing to worry about for her. And you've met him before; you know that he would never do anything to hurt her. So please, really reconsider your thoughts about it, about them." I sat down next to Sara, shaking. I had never been so nervous before in my life. I saw her parents exchange glances for a minute. I wasn't able to figure out what they meant, but after a little bit, her dad stood up with her mom.
"Sara, if you think that this is what you really want." he sighed.
"It is!" she jumped up off the couch and yelled. I smiled, it was great seeing her happy.
"Then we will be fine with it. It'll be something that we can learn to live with. Whatever makes you happy." she ran up to her parents and hugged them tightly. I started to sneak away from the room back out to the porch before I was stopped by Sara's mom.
"I know that he can be strict, but standing up for Sara like that was really wonderful of you." she hugged me quickly. "Thanks." she let go of me and I nodded in return. I waved goodbye to Sara and her family before leaving and going back home.