Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

Deep Dark Secrets Aren't The Only Thing About Him

“Wow, Summer you look like, shit.” Granger said to me.

“I thought I made it clear that we weren’t speaking.” I told Granger, not looking at her I closed my locker and made my way to Mr. Goldblums room for detention.

“Yeah,” She said happily going in front of me to make me stop, “But I concluded that it was the hormones.”

I finally looked her straight in the eye, “No Granger. It wasn’t the hormones. It was me. What do I have to do to make you know that I. Don’t. Like. You. I want you out of my life forever. You’re the trashy whore who has made my life a living hell for years. I wouldn’t be pregnant if you hadn’t have dragged me to that party. I wouldn’t have been humiliated in front of the school if it wasn’t for you. This is all your fault. What do I have to do to make that clear to you?” I said to her, done giving her my speech.

I saw more tears coming down from her cheeks again. “Okay I get it. You were my only friend. Now who will I hang out with?”

“Find your own friends Granger. I was just never yours.” I didn’t wait for a reply. I moved past her and on the way to Mr. Goldblums.

“Ahh Miss Hermann. Late to detention because you were late. Not a good thing from a high exceeding student. Take a seat.” I rolled my eyes and Mr. Goldblum and sat down next to Hayden in the back where we sat at first hour.

“So I heard your conversation with Granger just now,” Hayden said smiling.

“You heard that?” I gasped.

He shook his head, “It’s a echo honey. Probably everyone in this hall way heard you. Quite entertaining. Wish I would have seen it. Sounded like she was really hurt.” he said.

“Bitch deserved it.” I clamped my hand over my mouth noticing my curse word.

“Oh its just a word. It wont harm a fly.” He rolled his eyes waving it off.

“Hayden,” I turned over to him, “Why do you like me? I mean, you’re the only one in school hasn’t turned their back to me and called me Jesus freak from junior high school and has shunned me from their life. So tell me Hayden, why?”

His smile that was always planted on his face faded. He looked down at his shoes and sighed.

“It’s a long story. More like a dark side of my former life that I keep deep down on the inside.”

I looked at him. I mean really looked at him. I didn’t see a sign of lying. The only thing I saw was, he was telling the truth. The Gods honest truth. I also saw his cute face. Or whatever name you would want to call a hot guy who you couldn’t stop staring at.

“You are one strange boy, Hayden Jak.” I said smiling. Just one I cant seem to figure out…

*~*~*~*

I was now at work taking orders when my manager tapped me on the shoulder for the tenth time today.

“Summer, could you lock up tonight?” She asked, not looking for a answer she just turned around.

I took the customers order and followed my boss to the back, “No.” I said.

The girl next to me behind the counter took my orders while I followed my manager.

Honestly I couldn’t lock up because I had to catch the bus. I left my car at the hospital for Autumn to drive home. But I wasn’t about to let my boss know that my one and only friend lost her child and I have no way to get home with out the bus.

“I can't lock up today.” I said when she turned around.

“Well why the hell not Summerlynn? You lost five customers today. You cussed out three people for having complicated orders. I think you owe me something.” She said sighing.

I turned my head and looked at her funny, trying to remember her name. “Well, um Nina, its Nina right? Well I need to catch the bus and the customer is not always right. One of them wanted nachos with out the meat because of the rumor. And then another wanted to know if we used fake cheese. Not to mention that I saw people from my school and when they ordered they threw their tacos at me. I think I have the right to cuss someone out.” I said out of breath.

“I don’t see a situation. The customer is always rig-” I interrupted Nina.

“The customer is stupid!” I yelled at her.

“Well if you don’t like it, you may turn in your badge, hat, and shirt. No wait scratch that. Your fired.” She turned around.

“Bitch…” I muttered. I threw down my hat and badge. I took off my shirt and let my tank top show. I realized that my stomach was popping out, I walked to the coat rack and took my large hoodie.

I went out in the cold nights air with people looking at me. The bus wasn’t that far and hopefully I could make it in 1 minute. Realizing how much time I had I sprinted to the stop. When my feet were about five feet away from the bus stop sign, the doors closed and the bus left.

“Fuck!” I yelled stomping on the ground.

“Missed the bus?” I heard a familiar voice behind me.

“Yeah and-” I stopped when I saw who it was, “Hayden, what are you doing here?”

“Well I was going to Taco Bell, I have quite an addiction. When I saw you cursing and stomping.” He nudged me at the word, cursing.

I slightly smiled.

“Want a ride?” He asked me. I shook my head yes and followed Hayden to his car not to far away.

I got in his car, knowing he already knew where I lived. Our school was one with no secrets. Even if you tried so hard to keep something from getting out, it got out.

“Um you know your going the opposite way of… the place.” I said. Sometimes I didn’t know weather to say the felicity, my home, or just that one place where there’s a bunch of hormonal pregnant girls.

“I know. You look like you need a little chill time, so were going to the park.” I started to object. “Nope,” He said shaking his head and making a sharp turn onto a street, “Your going if you like it or not.”

“Taking a pregnant girl under her will, I wouldn’t think you would be capable of that kind of thing Hayden Jak.” I said jokingly.

“You don’t know I’m capable of baby.” He said winking at me.

I slightly blushed for whatever odd reason. When I looked up I found that we stopped in the parking lot and was parked out side of Central Park.

Hayden and I came out the car at the same time, “Follow me.” He said walking slightly faster.

We passed the park and went into the football and soccer field. “Right here. Perfect.” He said smiling. He sat down cross-legged and looked up at me like a little kid. He patted the wet grass next to him.

I sighed, took the offer, and sat down next to him.

“Star gazing.” He said and laid down, I followed him and looked up at the stars also.

I relaxed and closed my eyes. I didn’t hear Hayden shift beside me but I jumped when he said, “So how was your day?”

I sighed and answered, “I thought you said this was supposed to be relaxing and not tell you about the worse day of my life.” A few tears piled up in the corners of my eyes. But I quickly blinked them away hoping Hayden didn’t see in the dim lighting.

“Your right sorry. Just thought I’d ask.”

I sighed again, “No its okay. Maybe I just might be able to tell you my deep dark secrets one day, Hayden Jak.”

“And maybe I might be able to tell you mine, Summerlynn Hermann.”

I turned to look at him and didn't smile for once.