M. Shadows' Lips of Deceit

04 Bridal Goodies

“Sandra you’re going to have to fill in for me, I’m not going to be able to go.”

“Alright, this just keeps getting better!”

“How long ago did you buy these and you can’t go?” I ask with a mope and putting my left hand on my hip.

He sighs and says “I really thought I’d be able to go, but did you notice the date? It’s a week and a half away and I’m not going to be able to tare myself away from work. I’m sorry babe,” His hands take mine in his and his thumb strokes it softly. “Believe me I want to go, I want us to be able to go see them together but it’s just going to have to be next time.”


And that’s the reason Adam and me aren’t going as a couple, as intended, to see A7X. It’s a bummer but doesn’t make the concert any less appealing. I’m fucking stoked, this next week can’t go by fast enough.

Today I’m not working and neither is Sandra so we decided to go and do bridal things, the wedding is less then two months away and we haven’t really done much.

“Explain to me again why we are going through the motions of planning a wedding when the only people that are going to be involved are the bride and groom and Chase and I?” She questioned for what seemed like the hundredth time as we stood outside the closed bridal shop.

“I want the fancy dress and all eyes on me, I want to feel special by everyone, other then Adam. Is that too much to ask?” A hand from behind the glass door swung the sign from ‘Closed’ to ‘Open’ and a sound of muffled keys jingled against the door.

“No flower girl, no ring barer, no parents giving away the groom or bride. Can’t you just get a fucking dress and elope?”

“No, it’s not the same. I don’t expect you to understand Sandra.” I said walking through the now open door of the bridal shop.

“And what is that suppose to mean? Don’t think I want to marry Chase?”

“That’s not what I meant. All I meant was…I don’t know! I just want it okay.” I softly shout as I glance at a rack of white dresses. “Have anything…less…white?”

“Do I get to pick out my Maid of Honor dress?”

“I suppose just remember the color scheme.”

“Mhm,”

I nodded to her as the shop keeper brought out a rolling rack of darker colored dresses. “Now we’re talking.” I said to myself as I walked over to her, eyes widening with excitement.

“What do you think?” I ask for the third time as I step out of a small changing room. A form fitting black v-neck dress was wrapped around my figure. I eyed myself in the full length mirror, my hands running down my hips as I turned from side to side. This dress looked really good, not as great as the first but not better then the second. I clasped my lips together and make a pop noise as my hand glides over the exposed part of my chest. I grin to myself in the mirror loving the compliment this dress is giving my breasts.

“I like it, but I think we can do better.” She commented, looking up from a book she brought in her purse.

“I agree.” I say turning and waltzing back to the changing room.

“A little help please!” I yelp from inside the little room, the unzipped back kept the dress from covering my breasts and my feet kept yanking it down which didn’t help.

“Here to your rescue.” Sandra mocks, zipping me up carefully and then taking a step back to look at me. “Ooo lala, I like it. It screams sexy.”

She was right, my eyes widen at the look of myself in the mirror. I twirl with a broad smile placed on my face. “It’s very pretty! But it isn’t the right color.”

“It looks amazing though! And why the hell did you try it on then if you knew it was red?”

“Because I want to try on as many as possible, I don’t do this often.” I could feel Sandra rolling her eyes as I twirled around again.

“I’m going to go get us something to drink, if that’s alright with you?”

“Oh alright, don’t take long though.”

“I’ve found it!” I shriek, throwing my arms in the air; being caught in the moment.

“It looks lovely on you.” The shop keeper says, smiling from behind me as I stood gaping at myself in the mirror.

A black halter dress was covering my light skin; its form fitting without squeezing the breath out of my lungs. It drops to the floor, just covering the tops of my feet and the back corsets up just above the small of my back. No embellishments, jewels or lace, it’s a sexy black dress that’s my kind of simple. “It’s perfect.” I say to myself as I spin around again, pressing my hands against my figure to see that I’m really wearing this dress. My eyes water with excitement, the thought of Adam of tearing this dress off of me on the night of our honeymoon shot through my mind.

“I’ll take it.” I said grinning brightly.

“Oh, do you have any lace capes?”

“Oh we may have a few in, let me check.” She scrambles off towards that back and I’m still standing in front of the mirror ogling myself. A pretty lace cape will add a little something to the sexy plainness of the dress. Veils are over used like the color white in a wedding. “Wow, was that a dense thought.” I say aloud to myself.

“Just in luck, we have one in black and I think it’ll go perfectly with that dress.” I pull on the lace cape that she just seconds before handed over. It’s long sleeve and is just about the same length as the dress, maybe an inch or two longer. Cross stitch designs are randomly embroidered giving an extra special touch. “I’ll take it.” I beam, twirling once more.

“Do you have shoes?” She asks in a light airy tone.

“Um, nope I don’t.”

“I have the perfect ones.”

“Sorry I took so long, I wasn’t sure what you would have wanted and-wait a minute are you done?” Sandra inquires as she stops in front of me and my bags of boxes.

“Yes I am. I found the perfect dress!”

“What about my opinion?”

“You can give me your opinion later, but it doesn’t really matter, no offence. I love it, it looks stunning on me and I swear I was glowing when I had it on!”

“She looked beautiful.” The keeper pitched in as she handed me the bag with my heels in it.

“Have a great wedding!” She called as we walked out of the door, bags nearly over weighing me.

“Now where to?”

“Hm…We should get your dress.”

“Alrighty lets go do that.” So we pack my car with my bridal goodies and head off to another dress shop.

After we picked the perfect dress for Sandra; an emerald green strapless floor gown with a faux corset back; we browsed tiaras, necklaces and bracelets in a little corner shop in the mall and then stopped at Subway. After lunch our day was far from over, stopping at another five stores and spending another eight hundred some odd dollars.
♠ ♠ ♠
First I'd like to thank all of you! All of you that have been reading, commenting and are subscribed!
124 Readers!
12 Comments!
10 Subscribers!
And 3 Stars!
Thank you so much! I love you guys! And I love this story! Its one of my favorites that I've written. And after this chapter expect a lot more sooner!
Next chapter M. Shadows action!!
<3