Sequel: Forever & Always.
Status: Completed. :) Thank you guys for getting this story to 9 Stars... I love you all <3

Let Me Be The One To Save You

The Only Hope For Me Is You.

Music pumped through huge speakers and the bar was jammed with people, most not even knowing the nature of the occasion. I fought my way through the crowd and to a spot just in front of the small make-shift stage in the corner of the small bar. Bob was already sat behind the drum kit and he gave me wave and a small smile before tapping out a light beat to test the kit. When he was satisfied he disappeared off to one side.

A man walked onstage, Johnny, the owner of the bar. He smiled down at all of us in the crowd before speaking, “Hey, thanks to all of you who have come here tonight. Our show this evening is not just a normal show; tonight we welcome back Gerard Way, lead singer of local band My Chemical Romance. He has been abroad for the past few weeks with a friend of his and we’d like to welcome her back too, hey Ciara.”

I smiled as he waved and then introduced MCR on stage. Frank came running on first, his eyes glittering with excitement and his guitar, Pansy, slung over his shoulders. Next was Bob who just shuffled quietly to his drum kit barely acknowledging the crowd cheering for him as he took his place on the stool. Mikey and Ray ran on together their smiles so huge their faces looked ready to crack, despite their shyness they loved playing for a crowd. Finally Gerard came bounding onstage. His eyes alight with mischief and a smirk on his lips.

“Good evening New Jersey,” He shouted and everyone in the crowd screamed. There was a surge and I found myself pressed tightly against the stage, my ribs being crushed by screaming fan-girls. It was crazy how many girls already clamoured after the local rock stars.

The familiar intro to Headfirst for Halos began and I jumped around, singing along and probably looking almost as crazy as the girls standing around me. The fast tempo song about drugs always put me in a good mood and I was unashamed as I danced around in front of the stage.

“Fuck yeah. It’s good to be home!” Gerard exclaimed when the song had ended. “I missed you guys.”

The crowd went berserk and I was pushed from my spot in front of the stage. Instead of fighting to get back up there I just shook my head and laughed at the desperate girls before heading to the bar where Johnny was sitting.
Johnny was a cool guy; he didn’t mind selling alcohol to you if you were under-age, as long as you didn’t cause him, or his customers, any hassle. He and I got along pretty well, he was just so used to seeing me tag-along with the guys whenever they came to gigs, and he had great faith in my boys. He knew that, one day, they’d make it big and he just hoped they’d remember where they had started.

“Hey Johnny,” I smiled as I took my place on my usual stool, a spot from which I could still see my friends perform onstage.

He smiled his easygoing, stoner smile, “Hey C, how’re you?”

I shrugged keeping my eyes focused on Gerard as he pranced around the small stage, “Same ole, same ole. How about you?”

He nodded whilst pouring me a glass of Sprite, “S’all good. I’m glad you and Gerard are back though. This place was falling apart without My Chem.”

I giggled and took the drink from his hand. I handed him the two dollars and refocused my attention on the band performing onstage.

* * *


A sweaty body pressed up against mine and I squealed in protest, “Gee! Let me go. You’re all sweaty!”

He chuckled, “No shit.”

My glass was taken from my hand and the next thing I know I was standing outside in the cool New Jersey air. I looked up at Gerard who had a nervous look on his face as he bit down on his lip.

“Ciara?” He looked so nervous that I feared what he was going to tell me.

I smiled reassuringly at him, “Yeah Gerard?”

“Uhm… would you consider, maybe, being my girlfriend?” I could tell by the desperation in his eyes that he did not expect me to say yes.

I smiled and nodded shyly, “Of course I will Gee.”

His shoulders lifted and his eyes lit up once more, his desperation long forgotten, “Can I give you something?”

I furrowed my eyebrows but nodded wondering what he had gotten me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box. My heart thumped erratically and my eyes went wide with shock as I anticipated what was in the box.

“Ciara Johnson, I may not have known you all that long and we may only have officially started going out right now,” He chuckled a little. “But, I know I want to spend the rest of my days with you.”

My hands went up to my mouth and I didn’t know what to say, “Gee… I dunno… I mean… uhm…”

His eyes widened and he shook his head, “No no, I’m not proposing Sugar. God no!” He laughed and I relaxed but cocked my head in confusion at him. “Ciara, all I want to do is give you this ring as a promise. A promise that I will, one day, marry you.”

I gasped as he opened the box. Inside lay a simple silver ring with a bright emerald stone. It was beautiful and I couldn’t believe he would give it to me, “Gee… that must’ve cost you a fortune. I… I can’t accept it.”

His eyes filled with hurt, “Please Ciara? Do you not want to get married someday?”

I shook my head a soft smile on my lips, “Of course I do Gee, there’s no one I’d want to marry more than you. But, that ring is far too expensive.”

“Just take it Ciara, I want everyone to know that you’re mine,” He pulled me in for a hug. “Forever.”

There was no way I could refuse him. Gerard had been my hope through the darkness and there wasn't anyone I'd rather be with. I pulled back and slipped the pretty ring onto my left hand and smiled through tears that were starting to form, “Forever and always, right?”

He nodded, “Forever and always.”

I leaned in to kiss him when all of a sudden I heard a loud giggle.

“Shut up Frankie, you’re gonna blow our cover!” A voice that unmistakably belonged to Bob Bryar hissed.

“You owe me twenty bucks Toro,” Frankie giggled. “She said yes.”

Gerard looked down at me and rolled his eyes, “Guys, we can hear you so you might as well get your butts over here.”

There was a lot of shuffling and then a loud thump followed by Mikey muttering obscenities but then my four best friends were standing beside us. Frank looked absolutely ecstatic and couldn’t tear his eyes from the ring on my finger.

“I’m so happy for you guys!” He exclaimed excitedly, “I knew you would get together, not like Toro, he didn’t think Ciara would say yes.”

Ray blushed and looked at the ground obviously feeling embarrassed for doubting mine and Gerard’s relationship.

“Well, c’mon,” Gerard spoke up. “Let’s go celebrate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: MCR ;D
Word Count: 1210.

Random question: Do any of you guys read Frerards?

Anyways... Comment&Subscribe :) <3