Sequel: Forever & Always.
Status: Completed. :) Thank you guys for getting this story to 9 Stars... I love you all <3

Let Me Be The One To Save You

Epilogue.

Gerard all but skipped up the familiar driveway that led to Ciara’s house. He was so excited to see his girlfriend once more. Six months was a long time to go without speaking to the person who you planned to spend the rest of your life with, but keeping in contact whilst on tour had proved more difficult than either of them had anticipated. They had fought a lot, Ciara was angry with him for leaving and he thought she was selfish for that. Could she not understand that playing music was his dream and that, if he didn’t take this opportunity, he’d never get to follow his dreams?

He stood on the doorstep and self-consciously tugged at his longer, shaggier hair. The gift bag that he gripped trembled in his shaky hands. He was so excited yet nervous. What if she didn’t want to see him? Or worse, what if she had gotten a new boyfriend? He wouldn’t blame her; he had been gone quite a while. But still, he knew he’d be crushed. He loved her.
Taking a deep breath he knocked on the wooden door, hoping for the best but anticipating the worst.

Toni answered the door and when she saw the raven-haired boy standing on her doorstep she smiled sadly and shook her head, “She’s not here Gerard.”

“When will she be back?” His voice was weak and wavering; he knew what Toni was going to say but still held out hope that he’d be proven wrong.

She shook her blonde head and gave him another sad smile, “She won’t be. I’m sorry.”

He nodded, not quite grasping the situation. There was no way she was gone forever. She loved Jersey. Where could she have gone?

Toni held out a white envelope, “She wanted you to have this.”

Gerard reached out with his pale, slender fingers and took the piece of paper, feeling something hard in the corner of it. His other hand still gripped the gift bag filled with presents for her . Presents he’d never get to give her.

“Gerard, dear, why don’t you go home and read that?”

He nodded numbly and let a few tears escape their prison behind his hazel eyes. She was gone. Really gone. His heart ached and he didn’t know what to do without her.
Toni close the door on him and he wiped furiously at his now tear stained face before making his way down the drive, throwing Ciara’s gift in a bush on the way home. No sense in keeping things that would only remind him of her.

* * *


The letter trembled in his hands so hard he could barely read its contents, though he reckoned reading it again would make no difference, he already knew what it said. She hated him, that much was obvious. He had betrayed her, broken his promise. Despite all his efforts he had hurt her. The silver ring, the one he had spend over a week searching for, lay on the table in front of him. He had spent so much money on her, went to every jewellery shop in a ten mile radius. He wanted her to have the most perfect ring he could afford. Then she went and threw it back in his face. His eyes focused on the letter once more.

Dear Gee Gerard,
If you’re reading this I guess it means your back from your tour. It also means you’ve realised I’m no longer waiting for you. I’m gone Gerard, gone home to Ireland.
Maybe I should try to explain myself… After all you’ve done for me you deserve that at least.
Ever since I first met you you’ve told you’d be there for me. You helped me move on from the deaths of two friends. For a while, you were my lifeline. But everything changed when you went on that stupid tour. You changed. What ever happened to always and forever?
What happened to all your promises Gerard? You promised to always be there for me, to call everyday, to never forget me. It seems like you broke all three of those within your first couple of weeks away. You broke me.
You can’t even imagine how much time I spent longing to hear your voice. I wanted to kiss you and run my fingers through your shaggy black locks. I wanted you back in my life, so much it hurt.
Over the weeks, your calls became more and more infrequent. I couldn’t call to have a chat because you rang from a different payphone every night and I had no clue as to where you’d call from next. Some nights I’d convince myself that you guys must’ve gotten hurt, that something terrible happened to stop you from calling me. But then, reality kicked in… it’s a bitch ain’t it? I realised that you weren’t calling because either you were lazy (which I highly doubted), or you were just having more fun without me (which is the conclusion I finally came to). So many nights I cried myself to sleep, all because I missed you and wished you weren’t off fucking some groupie.
My birthday was recently, did you remember? It was my eighteenth. I understand that you were busy, but you could’ve called at least. You can’t imagine how rejected I felt, how betrayed.
I guess what I’m trying to tell you Gerard, is that I can’t wait around for a guy who is going to go off on tour and forget all about me. You claimed you loved me Gerard, but really I can’t see how abandoning your girlfriend is anything like love.
Like I said before, you changed and I can’t wait around for you to change back. I’m going back home to Ireland. It’s about time I faced my problems back there. Don’t try to contact me Gerard. Don’t bother my aunt. And don’t try to visit me. We’re over. Done. Finished. Whatever way you want to phrase it. I’m sorry Gerard, but this is it. You were my first love and I’ll always cherish the time we spent together, but I just can’t do this anymore.

Forever & Always,
Ciara.


Gerard grabbed the ring off the table and held it tight in his fist as he howled in pain. The letter, which he grasped in his right hand, got crumpled as he curled up into a ball. Tears of pain rolled down his pale cheeks and his eyes scrunched up in an attempt to block out the world and reality. An indescribable howl left his lips. She couldn’t do this to him. Not Ciara. She wouldn’t do this.

“Why Ciara?” He mumbled when he had calmed down. “Why would you do this?”

His heart ached and he doubted the pain would subside anytime in the foreseeable future. He had just lost the most important thing to him in the entire world; it’d take him a long time to heal. So for the moment he just remained lying on the ground, the ring and letter still in his grasp, and let his eyes shut. He ignored the dull pain in his chest and let darkness envelop, for at least in his dreams he and Ciara could be together. Forever and always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 1244. :)

So... it's been a long journey, but I finally finished it :)
I love you guys for all the support.
Thank you to the following for their comments:
tyckerommcr
brittybopz
brigeisfalling
This Fatality
Codie x Cutthroat
Acadia.Is.Gone
paint.it.black.
imNotOkayTrustMe17
Katycakes
XxSweetAngelxX
Banshee_
goesincircles.
rivals are insane
Leanimal
elmoisemo6
Tayyyyyy
Sailor Meranda

And a huge thank you to all of my readers and subscribers. (211 Readers & 60 Subscribers).
You guys are all amazing.

The sequel Forever & Always should be up tomorrow so subscibe and shizz. Let me know what you think of this too xD

Stay beautiful and keep it ugly

<3