Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

015

Ruby POV

“You need to stop worrying Eclipse, Paul won’t be able to take his eyes off of you tonight and that’s the way it should be. Your dress is perfect” I reassured my cousin as she drove back to La Push as we finally brought her a dress for tonight from Port Angeles; I already had my dress hanging up in my closet but Eclipse just hadn’t found the right one until this morning.

“I hope Paul loves my dress as much as I do, I just want this night to be amazing” Eclipse said to me as she drove us along the highway that connects Forks and La Push; when she told me that Paul had asked her to Homecoming she had to drag me into her bedroom and then she told me quietly.

“Tonight will be amazing and I’ll make you have fun if you’re not, besides I didn’t think you were planning on going before” I said smiling as I glanced over at my cousin and I knew she just said that because she didn’t know if anyone was going to ask her; even though if no one did Jacob would have taken her if she refused to go.

“Shut it Ruby” Eclipse mumbled under her breath as she drove towards school to drop me off and I knew that she still wasn’t as open about talking about Paul as I was with talking about Seth; she has always been the more reserved one when it came to things like relationships, not that I flaunt my relationship.

“Thanks for the life, I’ll see you at home later to get ready” I smiled at her as I climbed out of her car before walking into the school’s gym where the dance was being held; I was helping the girls set up the decorations which wouldn’t take us long because we did most of the setting up yesterday after school.

The colour theme for our Homecoming dance was black and red so all that had to be set up today were the table and chairs; I worked with the girls and some of the teachers to place the tables around the gym in the way that we wanted before placing table cloths over them.

“Hey princess, can I help with anything?” Seth said to me as he walked up behind me as I tied a bow around a chair with red chiffon; I turned around to face him in surprise because I wasn’t planning on seeing him until he picked me up tonight.

“Hey Seth, I wasn’t expecting to see you here but I’m nearly finished. Thank you for offering” I smiled at my boyfriend who was only wearing shorts and a single top; today the sun was shining but living in this part of the world it wasn’t really warm enough to wear summer type clothes.

“You’re welcome now I’m going to walk you home, have you had lunch yet?” Seth asked me as he handed me another piece of red chiffon as I tied a bow around the last chair before putting it at the table in place; he was quick to give me a nickname now that we were dating and he thought princess was very fitting but I didn’t know if that was a good thing or bad thing.

“Yeah I had some lunch with Eclipse in Port Angeles, she brought her dress this morning so that’s one thing that she can stop worrying about” I said as I waved at the girls who were also finishing up the last of the chairs before I walked out with Seth by my side; he wrapped his arm around my waist as we started the walk home so I could make sure Eclipse would be ready on time.

“That’s good to hear because she was starting to get moody and that’s never a good thing, I for one can’t wait for tonight or to see you all dressed up” Seth said smiling widely like usual which I loved to see on his handsome face; I leaned into him warm body as a blush formed on my cheeks but I wasn’t used to this because I never actually had a boyfriend or even a boy that I liked before.

Seth and I talked non-stop until we reached the house where we said our goodbyes before Seth kissed my forehead softly; I couldn’t stop smiling as I walked into the house and I went straight to my bedroom so I could start on getting ready for tonight, I wanted to take things slow so I was starting early.

I took a shower where I scrubbed my body clean with body wash before I washed my hair with my favourite fruity smelling shampoo and conditioner; I stepped out of the shower so I could dry off before putting my robe on so I could get started on my makeup while my hair was left to air dry.

Once my makeup was finished I walked down the hallway and knocked on Eclipse’s bedroom door before I walked inside; I didn’t like what I was seeing because she wasn’t even near getting ready as she sat on her bed and read a book.

“What are you doing Eclipse? Why haven’t you started getting ready yet?” I said to her in slight panic as she looked over at me and chuckled to herself; she was the more relaxed one when it came to special events and she didn’t take as long to get ready.

“Ruby calm down, I have plenty of time to get ready. I’ve already taken my shower because I knew you’d want to hog the bathroom when you got home” Eclipse said to me with a slight shrug to her shoulders as she climbed off her bed and sat down at her desk; she started to apply her makeup but I knew she was only doing it to make me happy.

“I don’t hog the bathroom” I mumbled to her as I turned around and walked out of her bedroom before I headed back into mine; I started on my hair when Aunt Selene walked into my room with her camera in hand.

“Oh you girls are going to be the most beautiful ones there tonight, I can’t believe how grown up you both are” Aunt Selene said as she went crazy with taking pictures of both Eclipse and I but some were for my parents to have; Aunt Selene was making sure to take a picture for every step that I took with doing my hair.

“Thanks Aunt Selene but don’t you think you have enough pictures for now?” I said to her smiling as I finished pinning my hair up before spraying it with hair spray to hold it in place; Aunt Selene nodded before she hurried over to Eclipse’s room to take more pictures of her.

I placed my shoes on first before I slipped into my dress and put on all the jewellery that I wanted to wear for the night; I heard Uncle William call out for Eclipse and I so I headed out to the living room so Eclipse and I could have pictures taken together.

“Wow you look amazing” I smiled when I saw my cousin standing in the living room waiting for me and she was stunning; I stood beside her as Aunt Selene started taking pictures of us together and I knew this was going to continue when the guys got her to take us to the dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Homecoming
Ruby's Outfit
Ruby's Homecoming

Please Comment!