Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

017

Ruby’s POV

“You look extra beautiful tonight Ruby, I was expecting you to be stunning but I never imagined this” Seth whispered to me letting his hot breath brush past my skin as he held me tightly and protectively in his arms as we swayed gently together; there was a typical slow song playing for all the couples to dance to but I enjoyed just being in Seth’s strong arms.

“Thank you but it’s nothing really, Eclipse looks way more beautiful than me tonight” I smiled as I had my head resting against Seth’s shoulder but I knew that he wouldn’t agree to what I said; he was my beautiful so he knew not to say that anyone was better looking than me which I didn’t mind as I wanted his eyes to be focused on me and only me.

“That isn’t true, please just let me say every romantic thing I can think of tonight. Tomorrow you can go back to denying what I say” Seth smiled at me as I looked into his warm dark chocolate brown eyes and I knew he wanted to treat me special tonight; although he always treats me like I’m the most important person in his life which I noticed all his friends did that had girlfriends.

“Alright I won’t refuse anything else tonight” I smiled at him as the song ended causing Seth to entwine his fingers with mine before leading me through the gym where the dance was being held; I followed him outside but before I was completely outside I saw my cousin and Paul kissing which I couldn’t help but smile at.

“It was getting a little crowded in there and guys were staring at you, so I think staying out here for a while is a much better idea” Seth told him as he sat down on a bench before gently pulling me down onto his lap while I made sure my dress wasn’t touching the ground; there was no way I would let this dress get dirty or ruined which I knew wouldn’t happen as long as Seth was around.

“Ignore them Seth, I’m here with you and only you. They can look if they want but they can’t touch, I want this night to be just about us” I smiled as I wrapped my left arm around his neck while his arms laid securely around my waist which is their usual position; I let my fingers gently rub the back of his neck as we enjoyed the quiet alone time that we had.

“I can’t ignore them Rubes, I’m not going to let anyone touch you but they shouldn’t even be looking. They know that you’re mine” Seth said to me as he looked deeply into my hazel eyes before I leaned closer to him and kissed his lips; I knew that he was over protective of me like I was of him so I did know why he didn’t want other boys to pay attention to me.

I felt Seth tighten his grip on me as he instantly returned the kiss letting our lips move together at a tender and sweet pace; I placed my hand on his cheek as he rubbed my side softly with one of his hands and this is what I loved about him, he never pressured or pushed me to do anything that I didn’t want to.

“Let’s go back inside and do some more dancing” I smiled at my boyfriend as I climbed off his lap with his help before I walked back inside with him; we went back onto the dance floor and danced for the rest of the night.

Image


“I’m going out for a bit Eclipse, I’m going to take a small hike in the forest” I told my cousin as I popped my head into her room where she was laying on her bed reading a book; Seth had plans this morning so we’d hang out later in the day so I decided to take a look around the town and do some exploring.

“Alright Ruby, just be careful and follow the path at all times. I don’t want you getting lost out there and don’t stay out too long” Eclipse told me as I nodded before I walked downstairs and through the front door; I walked along the street and headed over to the start of the hiking track that I would be following.

I wasn’t really the hiking type but I wasn’t going to do anything serious today as I just wanted to explore so I was just going to take a nice walk; I would have asked Eclipse if she wanted to come with me but she already had plans and I didn’t want her to have to always be around me in case something happened.

I walked along the path before I froze when I heard a branch snap from somewhere around me which caused my heart to start racing; I looked around me but I couldn’t see anything until I felt a cold and hard object come into contact with my body which sent me flying backwards as I landed on the ground.

As soon as the thing appeared it also disappeared just as quickly so I didn’t see what it was but whatever it was it was unusually fast; I sat on the dirty ground when I heard heavy footprints heading my way but what I saw next scared the life out of me, three oversized wolves ran past me as they followed the direction of the thing that knocked me over.

“Ruby? Are you alright? Are you hurt?” Seth’s panicked filled voice broke through my concentration as he rushed over to me in his dark cargo shorts; I looked at him as I held onto his arms while he helped me back up to my feet before he gently brushed the dirt off my clothes.

“No I’m fine but… there were three wolves Seth, they were huge and each of them looked at me but then they just ran off” I said to him as I didn’t really know what to think because I didn’t fully understand what had just happened; I looked at my boyfriend as he checked me over to make sure that I wasn’t hurt.

“I know Rubes, there’s something that I need to tell you. You remember the legends about the Quileute tribe, they aren’t legends Ruby. It’s all real, I can form into a shape shifter along with Leah and the guys” Seth explained to me as he looked straight into my eyes so I would know that he was telling me the truth; he went on to explain that’s the reason his body temperature was high and why he was always around the pack.

I stood there listening to him as he told me about the cold ones or vampires that do actually exist which is who the pack protects the town from; it was a lot to take in but once Seth started I didn’t want him to stop as I wanted to know everything that was going on, I believed him because it explained a lot that has happened since I moved to La Push.

“So let me get this straight, some shape shifters had imprints which are soul mates and I’m your imprint?” I asked him as I tried to get my head around all of this new information that I had just received; I was slowly getting this into my head but I knew one thing that was important and that was I couldn’t tell anyone not even Eclipse.

“You’re my imprint Ruby, we have this strong unbreakable connection. I need to have you in my life and if I don’t then I don’t want to live anymore, I will do anything and everything for you” Seth said to me as he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist as he didn’t know how I was going to react to this; I didn’t push him away as I wanted to know even more about him being a shape shifter but I knew he’d tell me in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby's Outfit

Please Comment!