Thirty Odd Occurrences In Your Everyday Life

Hot Air Balloons

The other guy died, the nurse had told you. What a shame. What a waste of space, to have someone like him here for no reason only to die off randomly. Should have never existed in the first place. It would have saved you less trouble, and saved his family and friends from sad thoughts and sorrow. Pity.

You direct your attention to the needles pumping various fluids through your system. So restricting, making you unable to get up from your laying position on the uncomfortable hospital bed. You reach one shaky arm up, the one that isn’t a flesh pin cushion, and slowly pull out the needles from other arm. It hurts like a bitch, and bruised immediately. Luckily no nurses or doctors know what’s going on, so you unhook yourself from the various machines with extreme pain and difficulty.

You lift yourself off of the uncomfortable bed and slide onto the floor. You immediately collapse into a heap on the floor, due to your painfully broken right leg and messed up other one. You yelp in pain, attempting to clutch your leg but barely succeeding as all your other limbs seem to be hurt in some way. Two nurses rush in, searching for you around the whole room frantically. They finally find you laying on the ground, tears streaming down your face as you shake in silent sobs.

The nurses help lift you off the ground, muttering about difficult patients as they push you down on the bed. As they once again hook you up to various machines, you get a glimpse of the far away outside world. You see a hot air balloon, floating free in the summer’s air and you suddenly wish you could be like that. Free, able to fly wherever you want with no boundaries whatsoever. Instead, your stuck in this horrid hospital, tied down by chords and needles and strings and this uncomfortable bed.

You’re not even free enough to be in contact with your friends. They’re all tied down, but not by the same thing. Tied down by location. They’re across seas at home, while you’re stuck in America because your parents insisted on moving away. Hot air balloons can only take you so far though, and not across seas so you’re stuck. Stuck in this hell. Fucking hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
for this picture.