Whatever You Say

START

It was needless to say the next day I woke up feeling terrible. What was I going to say to her once she saw herself naked around me? Gosh, I was literally in an ocean of confusion.

I bet she didn’t even remember.

I was probably the worst in these situations, and really, who isn’t when they’re inexperienced?

My eyes were open, probably red because they stung and with an effort, I lifted myself from the bed, an absent weight surrounding me. My puffy eyes went through my disappeared glasses and out of instinct I reached to my side, finding the pair and putting them on. As soon as my vision was clear, it went to my side and widened as it found the empty side of the bed.

Before freaking out, Éirin stepped out of the hotel-like room’s bathroom.

She stared blankly at me. She looked like she was trying to get right through me. Her glare was infinite. I swear it was. I swear it could reach as many miles as it wanted.

I stared back, my heart thumping quickly. I ignored the several punches that hit my stomach, one after the other as I felt like the guiltiest guy in the room. I was the guiltiest guy in the world right now. At least it felt like that to me.

She emerged out of the bathroom’s doorway to the bed. Her body was only covered by her underwear. She looked pissed. Her eyes kept locked around mine as she sat next to me. I took her wrist. “I’m sorry.” There wasn’t anything else I could say.

She jerked her wrist away with such force that left me with my mouth wide open and left her rubbing the spot softly.

I didn’t prepare myself for what happened next. Éirin’s words seemed harsh at first, but then slowed down. “It was stupid. What we did, that is,” she corrected herself. She took her body away from me, turning to face the right side of the room, to where the bathroom was. “Gosh,” she whispered before her whole body shook.

I bit my lip. My mind was nowhere near common sense. Where on Earth could I turn to? Better yet, where could she turn to? Sure, for most guys this was a piece of cake, as they would say. The scoffed at an image like this and simply walked away. For me it was different, as old fashioned as it sounded, but I didn’t find hurting a girl anything near fun. I guess I just wasn’t the normal-type-of-guy if such thing existed.

My hand reached for a sobbing Éirin. I didn’t mean to take “advantage”, if I did. Pleasure deceived me and I became too blind at her naked presence before.

I saw her shoulders lift and fall deeply. She turned to me, her hands wiping her tears and snot. Between her green eyes, laid her puffy nose and with another shift, she lifted her chin and smiled proudly.

Oh, what the hell.

I blinked.

She simply stood up, grabbed her dress gently from the floor and stepped into the bathroom again, while I waited for her to calm down.

And as I did this, I also changed into my clothes and decided to call my mother, who practically shrieked at the first ring.

“Where the hell were you?!” I smiled to myself. There was a drop of adrenaline in my blood. Her next words made my smile fade out. “Clarence, you had me so worried, the Police would’ve been just as worried with your out-of-the-ordinary behavior. W—?”

“You didn’t call the Police, did you?” I interrupted. My heart was accelerating more and more with her words.

“I should have, C.J.,” she said and I breathed a sigh of relief. “What happened? Where. Are. You.”

I sighed. “Still at Skyler’s house.”

“Oh, thank God,” she whispered at the other end.

Before she got the chance to reply anything else, I chimed in. “Nothing happened. I just slept in. I was kind of tired,” I lied.

But she wouldn’t know if I did. She believed in me too much.

And if you look at it, it wasn’t an actual lie.

As I told my mother this, Éirin came out of the bathroom and shot me a look. “I got to go,” I told my mother on the phone. She told me to be safe and then told me how much she loved me. “Yeah, me too.”

“Mother?” Éirin asked as I put my phone on the bed. I nodded. “You still owe me, C.J.,” she simply said.

My brows got pressed against one another. I felt a slight anger rise from I don’t know where, but I knew it rose as soon as I felt it on my cold voice. “Éirin what the fuck, seriously? No, this has to stop now. You’re hurt.”

“Did you just curse?” She raised one of her eyebrows, but didn’t let me reply. “You don’t have any say in this matter. I don’t care about last night. If you dare mention this to anyone, I will make your life unbearable for you. Not to mention, spread your little fiesta around, hurting a lot of people in the process, including your stupid girlfriend, Sammy—whom I think, would be very interested in ignoring you for the rest of her nun life! I know how much that can hurt you.”

“Susanne,” I corrected her. Yep, it was definitely anger what I felt. I didn’t even bother correcting her about the girlfriend thing. “I don’t think she would mind if the heard the version about the goddamn pills from me.

“I’ve never seen a nerd curse so much in my life,” she noted.

“Stop it.”

She sneered. “Get a life, Dork. And that means one away from a total messed up fantasy, which will be what I tell everyone if you mention this dilemma.” She said it like she was talking about a disease. “I can simply ignore it, can you?”

Fuck, she was right. I had never cursed so much in my life. And I couldn’t ignore all the talking as easily as she could. Éirin had millions of practices at this. Everyone talked about her all of the time.

With a flip of her hair, she stepped out of the room, and out of my life. For now.

I knew one thing about this whole thing that had just happened. I knew we were back at the beginning. Right at the start, to where I had to do as she said to make my teenage days more complicated.

Except this time, I wasn't a virgin anymore.