Status: Still Working On It

Memorial

13

Sleeping was getting to be more regular for me. It was a habit that I really hope I don’t continue. It just wasn’t usually me. I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned rolling over in my spare bed, grabbing my phone from the night stand. “Mmm…Hello?” I questioned without looking at the ID.

“Payton?” Tom’s voice spoke through the phone.

I yawned pushing myself up at bit. “Tommy?”

“Did I wake yeh?”

I shook my head. “No, No.” I started to rub the sleep from my eyes. “I was just dozing.”

He chuckled as I sat up. “Dozing? Yeh were sleepin’!”

“No! No I wasn’t.”

“Yeh so were!” He laughed. “Sleepin’ Sally! Sleepin’ Sally!” He teased, using the name of my old stuffed doll.

My eyes narrowed. “Whatever Sykes you don’t know nothin’! Nooo thing!” He laughed more at my childishness and I just rolled my eyes.

“Yer a propa laugh yer are Pay." Tom mused. I rolled my eyes again.

“Whatever, Thomas.”

“Oooh, m’ in trouble then?” He sounded entertained.

“Is there something you need, Thomas?” I yawned as I laid back into my pillows.

“Gosh, someone’s cranky.” He chuckled.

“Bleehhhh!!” I groaned sticking out my tongue and throwing up my arms.

He laughed. “I just called to see if we were still on fer the Tea palace, s’ afternoon?”

I sat up quickly, “Today?”

“Yeah, s’ Thursday, ain’t it?”

I rubbed my forehead, trying to remember the date. “Yeah, it is.” I said agreeing with him. “Of course we’re still on.” I said jumping out of bed and looking down at myself and was slightly satisfied at my appearance. I was in sweats and an old t-shirt. “What time is it?”

“11:36.” He said, “O’reight. Can’t wait to see yeh then.”

“Me neither.” I said happily. “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye then.” He said and we hung up.

I hurried over to my mirror and looked at my appearance better. I frowned, I didn’t look that bad but I definitely needed a shower. I sighed tucking my phone securely in my bra and pulled the hair tie from my wrist, sweeping my hair back into a ponytail. I rushed over to my bed and grabbed my sneakers from under my bed. I slipped them on quickly before rushing out of my door.

I took the steps two at a time as I ran down stairs towards the front door.

“Oi!” Grant called walking towards me from the living room. I stopped my hand on the door handle. “Where yeh off to in such a ‘urry?” He asked leaning on the banister, watching me.

I turned towards him and smiled slightly. “I have to go home and get ready.”

“Fer what?”

“I’m going to hang out with Tom at 3:00.”

He smiled and nodded his head. He’d always like Tom out of the two Sykes boys. He’d hounded me for the longest time in high school why I wasn’t with Tom. “O’reight.” He pushed away from the banister a bit. “Tell ‘im I say, Lo’.”

“I’ll be sure to do that.” I blew him a kiss and waved before stepping outside. As soon as I closed the front door was closed I started to jog. I skipped asking for a ride, figuring I’d make up for the lack of exercise I’ve been doing.

The jog to my place took me about an hour. I stopped in front of the house to catch my breath. My car was still parked in front and Taylor’s car was gone but a blue jeep was parked in the driveway. I raised an eyebrow and wiped off my forehead off on the back of my hand. I walked swiftly to the door, stepping inside and kicking off my shoes, into the pile by the door.

The sound of the TV in the living room was a bit loud as I walked down the hall. Towards it to see who was home. Delilah, Lily and Curtis were all sitting on the couch watching a movie. I stood there silently for a moment trying to decide if I should say Hi.

“Hey,” I finally spoke. Curtis and Delilah looked away from the TV and grinned.
Curtis was the first to jump up and hurry over to me. He engulfed me in a hug; pick me up and spinning me. “Lo, Pay!”

I giggled hugging him back. “Hey, Curtis.”

He placed me back down on the ground and stepped away from me. “Where ‘ave yeh been?” He was still smiling.

“My siblings came for a visit.” I shrugged pulling my phone out of my bra. I scrunched up my face in disgust wiping off the sweat that coated it. Curtis laughed at me slightly before walking back over to the couch.

“We’ll I’m glad yeh came back ‘ere.” He plopped down on a pile of pillows and blankets that looked like they’d be used then just thrown onto the couch. “I’ve missed seein’ yeh. Yer mates aren’t as entertainin’ as yeh are.”

Delilah glared and flipped him off, causing him to laugh. She then got up hitting Lily in the back of the head before walking over towards me to hug. She squeezed me tightly before quickly rushing off to avoid Lily’s swing at the back of her head. I laughed quickly snatching Lily into a hug from behind as she tried to chase her sister.

She dropped her head back onto my shoulder, rolling her eyes. I could tell she was fighting off a smile. “You’re on her side traitor.”

I giggled and shook my head. “Am not.” I signed stilling keeping my arms tightly around her.

“Lies!” She narrowed her eyes at me.

I smiled kissing her cheek before releasing her from my arms watching as she skipped down the hall to Delilah’s room before walking off into my own. I walked towards my closet, pulling out everything I need for after my shower and tossed my phone into my made bed. I stepped into the bathroom quickly stripping of my sweaty clothing. I turned the water on and waited for it to warm up.

As soon as the water was warm enough I happily hopped in. The entire time I was in the shower I felt like my body was glowing. I giggled at the fuzzy feeling in my stomach and washed my body and hair.

I hoped out feeling brighter, wrapping a towel tightly around myself and grabbing a second one, drying my head. I quickly dried off my body slipping on the new underwear and bra I had grabbed. I tossed one of the towels into my hamper and used the other to wipe off my mirror of the fog from the steam of my shower.

My reflection in it was paler, but it didn’t harm my mood. I grabbed some of my eyeliner and applied it on normally before adding mascara. Once that was done I ran my brush through my light damp hair getting rid of any small tangles.

I grabbed my clean clothes and slipped them on to cover my exposed body. I fixed myself in the mirror trying to look nice. I slipped my fingers through my hair and bit my lip ring before turning away from my reflection and walking out of the bathroom.

I wondered around my room a little bit, messing with a few things and absent mindedly rearranging things on my shelves.

“Wy’ yeh so dressed up fer?” Curtis asked once I walked back into the living room. He was sitting lazily on the couch his arm placed over the back and his feet up on ottoman.

I walked over to him, sitting down next to him. “I’m meeting up with Tommy, in an hour.” I said simply, snuggling into his side. He moved his arm to my shoulders and gave me a squeeze. My fingers started to play with his hair as we watched the TV.

“Ah fuck!” Curtis groaned as a bright flash blinded the both of us. I lifted my head from Curtis shoulder and looked over to see Lily holding her camera triumphantly. “What the fuck is wrong with yeh?” Curtis grumbled. She narrowed her eyes and spat out her tongue at him.

I giggled and stood up walking towards the kitchen. “Where’s everyone else?” I asked over my shoulder as I searched through the refrigerator. I grabbed an apple taking a huge bite from it smiling from the taste of the healthy fruit. It was the first good thing I had, had in a few days.

“Matty drove Tay to work, an’ Lee an’ Vegan went to a bar fer a bit but they said they’d be comin’ back in a bit.” Curtis told me from the living room. I walked back into the living room still snaking on my apple.

“Sooo, now all of you know where I live?” I laughed slightly trying to cover the uneasy feeling that filled my stomach at the thought.

He tilted his head back, grinning at me slightly. “Not all of us.” I smiled a bit more and took a bite out of my apple. My phone beeped from my back pocket and I quickly snatched it out. It was a text message from Tom.

From: Tommy
Hey, I’m goin’ to be a lil late :\ something came up at work.


I frowned a little and bit into my apple holding it with my mouth, so I could text him back.

To: Tommy
Ooh, ook. Well txt me when you are going to be there.


I sent the text and slipped my phone back into my back pocket. I opened my mouth and let my remainder of my apple fall into my hand, before tossing it into a bin. I walked back to my room grabbing my coat, backpack, and pulled on my black chucks. I sighed sitting down on my bed and looking around the room. There was nothing I could really do, in here. I pulled my phone from my pocket and hit the unlock button, the screen lite up showing me the time. It was 2:14.

Stand up I pulled my backpack on and dropped my phone into my coat pocket before leaving my room, closing the door behind me. I walked into the living room once more and wrapped my arms around Curtis’s neck, hugging him from behind.

“I’m going to be leaving right now.” I mumbled kissing the side of his head.

“All ready?” His forehead wrinkled a bit. I nodded and unwrapped my arms from his neck, moving over to Lily, giving her a small kiss on the top of her head.

“I’ll be back later tonight.” I said making my way towards the front door. “See you later!” I called walking out the door and starting down the street towards the Tea Palace.

The entire walk got me there in a little under an hour. The wind was extremely chilly, so as soon as I walked in I ordered the biggest warmest cup of tea I could get. I sat in one of the large over stuffed couch’s making myself comfortable for my wait for Tom. Sipping on my tea and playing with my phone kept my mind from wondering.

I looked through my pictures smiling at them. The newest pictures on my phone were of Holly and me, from yesterday. She had gone to get a tattoo on her thigh, of an octopus clinging to her leg, an anchor hanging from one of its tentacles as the other wrapped around her thigh, going up towards her waist. It was actually really amazing so far, but it won’t be done till tomorrow’s appointment, most likely.

I clicked on one of the pictures of her lying on the table in her underwear and set it as her caller ID. I smirked to myself at the embarrassment when she calls.

“Um, would yeh like a refill?” A small teen waitress as causing me to look up from my phone. She was holding a tray to her chest, biting her lip nervously. I smiled gently and sipped the last of my tea, offering her my empty cup.

“If it’s not too much trouble.” I said politely. She smiled and shook her head taking my cup and scurrying away. I leaned back into the couch pulling my legs up, tucking them underneath me as I leaned against the arm rest.

I tapped my screen for the time to see the new message from Tom.

From: Tommy
I’m on my way….i hope you don’t mind, but my mates tagging along. We have to do something right quick.

To: Tommy
Yeah that’s fine. I’ll see you soon.


I sent my message and quietly waited for my refill and watched the door from the corner of my eye as my stomach did flips. I couldn’t guess who he was bringing and it made me nervous.

The small waitress brought my new cup of tea the same time Tom walked through the door. But my eyes jumped from him immediately to the tall thin, attractive man behind him. The both walked towards me Tom smiling like a fool as I slowly stood up to greet them.

“Yeh ordered all ready?” Tom asked pulling me into a hug that I happily returned.

“Yep.” I nodded squeezing my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. “I needed something to warm me up while I waited for you.” I quickly sat down grabbing my bag from the couch and placing it on the ground to make room for them.

Tom quickly took the seat beside me and grinned at his friend who continued to look me over, causing me to blush. “S-So…” I mumbled nibbling on my lower lip for a moment. “Tom, who’s your friend?” I asked looking up at the brown haired man.

“S’ Matt Godfrey.” He said point at him. Matt smiled charmingly and held out his hand. I smiled at took it shanking it. “Goffa s’ meh mate Payton Paquette.”

“Nice to meet you Matt.” I said shyly.

He bent down and kissed the top of my hand. “S’ a pleasure to meet such a propa beauty as yerself.” His voice and gesture made my cheeks flush red. I pulled my hand back and hid behind my bangs. Tom started to laugh and I quickly elbowed him leaning back into the couch.

He groaned. “Fuck Pay, yer bloody violent now.” He grumbled rubbing his lower stomach.
Matt chuckled and sat down on the arm rest right next to me. “Am not.” I grumbled crossing my arms over my chest.

“Yes, yeh bloody are!” He chuckled standing up and turning towards me, lifting his shirt. I gasped at the small faded purple bruise on his stomach. “S’ from when yeh punched meh.”

My eyes widened. “Oh my god, Tommy!” I said quickly feeling completely guilty. “I didn’t know I had hit you so hard.” He shrugged smiling softly, taking his seat next to me.

“S’ oreight.” He said ruffing his hair.

I frowned, “No, it’s not.”

He grabbed my hand squeezing it. “It is cause I says it is.” He sent a reassuring smile and the girl who had brought me my refill walked up.

“Umm c-can I get y-yeh somethin’?” She asked her cheeks turning pink. Her hands we’re nervously playing with a pad of paper in her hands.

“Aye, I think yeh can.” Matt chuckled lightly. He stood up and had the small girl follow him to the register to order his and Tom’s drinks. I watched him walk towards the front, biting my lip softly.

I turned to Tom. “Where do you know him from?” I asked nodding my head towards Matt.

“Umm, I met ‘im few years ago.” Tom shrugged, “E’s works fer Oli as a model. E’s meh best mate now.”

I felt my lips tug down into a bit of a frown as I looked over at him again. He was extremely attractive. Tall, had adorable eyes blue green from the glimpse I got and his hair was a medium brown. I sighed softly. Does everyone lead back to Oliver?

I continued to stare blankly as Matt had come back. I felt my hand being raised bring me back to reality, and face to face with Matt. I blushed as my eyes locked with his. “Whatcha starin’ at lovely?” He asked, tilting his head slightly.

“Ummm…” I bit my lip and blushed a bit more. Tom chuckled lightly.

Matt smirked. “S’ o’reight.” He kissed the top of my hand. “I know I’m sexy!” He chuckled and sat down beside me. I blushed a bit more and took a sip of my tea ignoring his comment.

“So Tom how’s your day been?” I asked placing my tea on the tiny table.

He shrugged taking a drink of his tea. “O’reight.” He said

Matt snorted. “When was that mate?” He asked placing his arm over the back of the couch behind me. “That photo shoot s’ not wha’ I would ‘ave called great. An’ from all the yellin’ I ‘eard, I thought someone might ‘ave called the bob, fer yeh murdin’ that model.”

I raised my eyebrow looking at Tom. “What?”

Tom sighed and flipped Matt off. “S’ Nothin’ Pay.” He said reassuringly. “Se’ were bein’ a rather big pain in meh arse, like se’ normally is. But I fired ‘er so now everythin’ will be o’rieght.” My lips shaped an ‘O’ and he smiled lightly. “Wha’ ‘bout yers? Did yeh doze the day way?”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs. “No, in fact I didn’t. I left my sister’s house and went back home spent a bit of time with the twins and Curtis; who I think has been living on my couch the last week.” I scrunched my nose at the last part.

Matt chuckled. “Aye, e’ do that.” He took a gulp of whatever he was drinking.

Tom laughed at that. “Yeh do the same.” Matt glared flipping him off causing me to giggle.
We sat and chatted for about 2hours, Matt seemed to know more about me then I would have liked, but you talk to your best friends when you need too; even if you’re a guy I guess.
But he seemed like a really sweet guy. He was very funny and polite. He and Tom were much alike, but he reminded me of someone else. I just couldn’t figure out whom.

“So, Payton, are yeh the bird that ‘as Ol an’ Matt arguin’ nowadays?” Matt asked as we walked out of the Tea Palace.

I froze in the sidewalk, my forehead winkled in confusion and I frowned. “What?”

He opened his mouth to speak but I felt Tom lean forward and his hand hit Matt clean on the back of the head. “Ouch! Yeh bloody wanker!” He hissed rubbing the back of his head. I looked over at Tom and he just sighed heavily pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Tom?”

He sighed again and shoved his hands in his front pockets. “Matty got in Ol’s face the other day ‘bout yeh.” He shrugged. “It were right ugly but they talked it out an’ s’ all fine now, Pay. Swear.” I sighed closing my eyes and titling my head back. A wave of guilt hit me and built a lump in my throat. I felt a warm hand slip into mine; I opened my eyes and looked over to see Matt standing beside me.

“Sorry, love, I didn’t know.” He said apologetically. I nodded, sighing out a bit shaken. He reached up his free hand and wiped my eyes lightly. “Sorry really.” He mumbled.

“It’s fine, Matt.” I mumbled. He pulled me into his arms hugging me tightly. I buried my head into his chest wrapping my arms around his waist. He rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head.

Tom’s phone started to go off and he quickly answered it. “Hey, Barnes.” He mumbled. “Yeah, o’reight we’ll be there in a bit then.” With that he ended the call and shoved his phone back into his pocket.

“We got to be ‘eadin’ back.” He sighed.

I frowned and pulled out of Matt’s arms, but he grabbed my hand lacing his fingers with mine. “Yeh should come with us.” He smiled. I bit my lip and looked up at him. My head screamed no, but my mouth spoke before I could tell it what to say.

“Ok.” He smiled and started to tug me towards the parking lot, a surprised Tom followed slowly behind us. I hoped into the backseat while he and Tom sat up from. Matt and I talked the entire time he drove us to their office building. Tom was lost in his own thoughts while we chatted in the car and into the office.

“Goffa,” Tom said, as we walked down a long hallway. Matt looked away from me and over to Tom, “I need to talk with yeh mate.” He sounded really serious.

“O’reight.” He stopped walking. “Go to the end of the ‘all an’ wait by the second to the last door.” I nodded and walked away from the two of them and nibbled on my lower lip nervously. My stomach was doing flips and my head felt a bit dizzy.

This was starting to feel like a really bad choice. I didn’t even know why I had agreed to come with. I stopped by the door Matt had told me and leaned against the wall, my hands fidgeting with my backpack straps.

“NO!” Tom’s voiced carried through the hall shocking me. I looked over at them and saw Tom looking upset. He shook his head and Matt said something to him. What were they arguing about? They said a few more things to each other, before Tom nodded his head in defeat, earning a pat on the shoulder from Matt who was smiling.

They were in front of me a few seconds later; Matt smiled widely at me and grabbed my hand again. I smiled back and looked over at Tom. “You ok, Tommy?” I asked. He nodded his head lightly, pushing the door open and walking into the room.

Matt followed behind him, tugging me along. I stayed close to him as we walked through rows of cubicles. Each was cluttered with pictures and papers on the walls. I scanned them over them looking at their art work appreciatively. They looked amazing.

He quickly pulled me into a random desk, falling into the chair and pulling me into his lap. I giggled sitting up, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Yeh mind wait ‘ere fer like five minutes, while we go talk to Barnes?”

I bite my lip lightly, “I guess so.”

He grinned and kissed my cheek. “I won’t be long, love.” He quickly stood up and offered me his desk chair before following Tom to where ever they need to be.

I sighed and sat in his chair. I twirled myself for a bit but that only lasted a short amount of time. I stared to look around his area and smiled lightly at the drawings and pictures. I looked closely at the ones of him and Tom, a few of them were them drinking, and one of them was the two of them getting high with Oli and Matt.

I frowned and sat back in the seat. They definitely weren’t the same people I remember them being, or at least when they were around me. They’d changed into different, successful people. Maybe this means Oli could have changed too? I immediately shoved the thought from my head. I didn’t need to go and think things like that, hurting myself more then I already was.

A quiet sniffing from my feet made me look down to see a small dog, smelling my ankles. I smiled softly picking him up, startling him a bit. He looked at me, sniffing my face, before he laid a bunch of doggie kisses on my chin and lower lip.

I giggled. “Well, hello to you too cutie.” I hugged him to my chest, leaning away from his kisses and petting his head gently. “Where’d you come from?” He whined softly trying to give me more kisses. I giggled a bit more and stood up, placing him on the ground. He yipped and jumped trying to get up to my face.

“You want to play?” I asked stepping out of Matt’s desk and into the small walk space. He followed me and watched me excitedly wagging his small bum. I began to run down the walk way, the small dog chasing after me. I ran to the end and quickly turned around jumping over him as he tried to stop and ran down to the other end. He barked happily as I ran back and front and he chased.

I played with him for about 10 minutes before I had to stop and catch my breath and he stopped laying down in the middle of the walk way and huffing. I giggled and walked over to him; scooping him up to my arms and kissing him head lightly.

“Did I tire you out buddy?” He panted in response, making me giggle. I kissed the top of his head again before walking towards the door. “Let’s go find your owner.” He lay contently in my arms as I carried him into the hall, in search of his owner.

I didn’t see anyone while we walked, but as I went on His ears popped up and he began to fidget in my arms. I giggled and set him down. “Fine but say close buddy,” I pat his head gently and walked on down the hall, the small dog at my heels. I kept my eyes on him; he was a very obedient little thing. He was probably a very loyal to whomever he belonged too.

“Oskar!” The small dog barked and a door swung open hitting me right in the face and knocking me on the ground. I groaned in pain clutching my face in my hands as I lay on the ground. “Oh Shit!” whoever hit me with the door quickly moved to my side. “Are yeh ok?” Oli asked, of course it had to be him. I nodded my head still holding my face. Oskar, who I’m guessing was Oli’s dog, was sniffing the side of my head, his cold nose touching my ear.

I swatted him way with one of my hands trying to sit up a bit. I massaged the bridge of my nose gingerly as pain shot up my face.

“Oskar, stop it.” Oli called as the little thing hopped up into my lap. I groaned as he got up in my face, licking my face. “Oskar!” Oli picked him up out of my lap, holding him in his arms. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine Oliver.” I said standing up completely still holding my nose.

His eyes widened a bit, “Payton?”

I smiled hesitantly. “Heyyy.”

He quickly put Oskar down. “W-What are yeh doin’ ‘ere?”

“Oh you know,” I said shrugging. I let go of my nose, shoving my hands in my pockets. “Just waiting on Matt and Tommy.”

“Oh,” He mumbled. “Are yeh sure yer ok?” I nodded my head, “Pay, yer forehead an’ nose are red.” His hand stretched out and lightly brushed over my forehead, pushing my bangs out of my face.

I chuckled, “Well I got hit in the face with a door a moment ago.” He frowned and dropped his hand from my face. I sighed, looking down at Oskar to keep my mind in the present. “Is he yours?” I asked crouching down next to him, as he sprang up excitedly.

“Yeah, S’ meh little Oskar.” I started to pet his head, gently scratching behind his ears. He barked happily, thumping his leg on the ground. “E’ likes yeh?”

I shrugged and leaned forward pecking the top of his head. “I guess he does. Why?”
“E doesn’t usually like most people when ‘e first meet ‘em.” He said still a bit surprised. He knelt down beside me, starting to scratch Oskar’s back. He started to pant happily looking between the two of us.

“Oli!” Amanda’s voice called as she came through the same door Oli had. Oskar started to growl and barked angrily, shocking me, causing to lose balance and fall onto my bum. “There yeh an’ the little rat are.” Amanda’s annoyed voice sounded. I turned my head to see her standing in a short dress and a pair of flats. Her hair was down and a sour expression placed on her beautiful face. She placed her hands on her hips and sighed. “Can yeh get that bloody thing to shut up?” She hissed at Oli.

Oli glared and her before picking up Oskar and gently closing his hand around his mussel. “S’ o’reight, Oskar.” He said softly, having him look at him. He settled down a bit giving Oli a bit of a annoyed look, before Oli put him back on the ground.

“What the ‘ell are yeh doin’ on the ground?” Amanda snapped at me walking over to Oli’s side. She glared down at me making me feel very uncomfortable.

“I fell.” I said softly, she sure was in a crabby mood.

“Sod off Manda.” Oli grumbled holding out his hand for me, I took it and smiled weakly. He smiled back, a bit sympathetically and pulled me up from the floor.

I took my hand back, brushed off myself. “Thanks.” He nodded his head in acknowledgement.

“What se’ doin’ ‘ere Oli?” Amanda asked, her face getting red with anger. She grabbed onto his arms, clinging to it protectively.

Oli rolled his eyes and turned to her, “I don’t bloody know.” He shrugged, shoving his hand in his pocket. “Se’ were with Oskar when I found ‘im.”

She quickly turned to me. “Wy’ are yeh ‘ere?”

I quickly froze. I could feel an extreme amount of hatred towards me fill her stare. I shifted uncomfortably, “I came with Tommy and Matt.” My hands started to twist the buttons on my coat, “I’m just waiting for them while they were talking to someone.”

She cackled a bit, “Sure that’s wy’ yer ‘ere.” She rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around his waist, bringing herself up against Oli’s chest.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I snapped defensively.

She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Tom’s shout. “PAYTON!” Both Matt and Tom came running down the hall Matt laughing like a mad man. He came up to me picking me up and spinning me around. I squealed tearing my eyes away from Amanda, turning my attention to Matt.

He grinned gently setting me on my feet, looking down at me. He snatched a quick peck on the lips from me before turning to Tom. “I win, mate!” He chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist.

Tommy groaned and flipped him off. He looked at me, “Sorry we took so long, Pay.” He huffed running his finger through his hair. “We ‘ad lot more to talk ‘bout they we though.”

“O-oh, well that’s ok.” I said looking at Matt, confused.

Matt looked down at me and smiled, “Yeh ready, to go ‘ome?” He asked.

I licked my lips and looked around me. Oli and Amanda were both giving death glares, One aimed at me the other at Matt. I looked at Tom who looked completely oblivious by force. The feeling in the hall was getting tense. “Umm…yeah.” I said, nodding slightly.

“O’reight.” He smiled, “I’ll drive yeh.”

“Actually, Goffa, I need yeh to stay an’ do some paper work.” Oli said in a forced tone. “Tom, can take Payton ‘ome.”

Matt shrugged. “No, just put it on meh desk, Oli. I want to take this love bird ‘ome.” He unwrapped his arms from my waist and grabbed my hand. “I won’t be gone long.” He grinned at Oli, ignoring the hated look in his eyes.

I waved by to them all and let Matt pull me away. I hoped into his car and sat silently the entire drive to my place, since he had put my address into his GPS. He smiled humming lightly, rapping his fingers on the stirring wheel and bobbing his head to his tune. My fingers brushed over my lips, thinking about the kisses they’ve received. Funny how I can almost remember everyone I’ve received. They feel of each so familiar still.

“Payton?” Matt’s voice sounded so distance even though he was right beside me.

“Hmm?” My hand stopped tracing my lips, dropping into my lap as I looked over at Matt.

“This is yeh ain’t it?” He asked looking out the window.

I nodded looking at my place, “Yup this is me.” I mumbled, “Thanks.” I unbluckled my seat and pushed open my door.

“Hey, Payton.”

I was about to close the door. “Yeah?”

“Yeh mind if we ‘ang out again?” Matt asked sounding hopeful.

I nibbled on my lip lightly, “Sure.” I spoke again without thinking.

He smiled brightly. “O’reight, I’ll give yeh a ring.”

I nodded and shut the car door before turning and stepping up the walk way, stepping into the house. I leaned against the door sighing out heavily, the happily, fuzzy feeling in my stomach from earlier was gone and now in its place was a weird churning. I dropped my bag down onto the ground and kicked off my shoes. Taking a deep breathe I started to move out of the entrance, trying to numb the feeling away.

“Yeh ‘ave lots of explaining to do.” Tay’s voice said as I turned in to the hall towards my room.

I shrugged continuing to walk to my room. “You’ll have quite a bit to listen to when I wake up.” I simply stated, entering my room and closing the door as I made my way to the bed. I collapsed sighing happily at the comfort I felt as I quietly drifted into a sleep, completely ignoring all problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is ickyness v.v

Payton
Tommy & Matt

Comment & Subscribe!