Status: Still Working On It

Memorial

09

"Payton?" I lifted my hand to my forehead. My brain was throbbing inside my skull.

"Wha-What happened?" I groaned sitting up, my other hand fumbling around on the ground for my phone.

"Yeh fainted." The voice said pounding through my head. It was filled with worry. "Yeh ok, Pay?"

"Yeah, my head's just killing me." I grumbled. The sounds of the thunder making me wince.

"Yeh, 'it yer 'ead real 'ard when yeh fell." The person helped me up, sitting me on the couch. “‘ere, yer lookin' fer this reight?"

My eyes stopped on my phone in the dim light. I nodded slightly snatching it from their hand. "Thanks."

"Welcome."

I clicked the screen and turned the illuminated screen on the person. My eyes hardened and my jaw tightened. "Oliver?!" I hissed.

He looked away from me, keeping his attention on tattooed hands. "Tom didn't tell yeh did 'e?"

I laughed humorlessly. "If he had, do you think I would have come?"

He sighed. "No, I don't."

"Why am I here?" I hissed, my head ache gone from my mind the anger taking full hold in my mind. The man who had stolen what was left of my innocence was a few inches away from me, acting as if he was upset with something. I had half a mind to jump on him and beat him with my fists.

"I wanted to talk to yeh." He said calmly.

I scoffed, standing up and walking away from him. "Talk about what?" I kept my back towards him.

"What 'appened. I want to fix thins'."

"There's nothing to talk about, Oliver." I spat. "And you can fix what happened! My purity was taken! You can't fix that!"

"Payton, nothing 'appen-"

I spun around, the thunder making a loud, booming cracking sound. “Don’t start up with those-"

"Bloody 'Ell!" He shouted shooting up from the couch. "Let meh just talk an' try to explain everythin'."

I glared at him through the dark room, my eyes starting to water. "Why? Huh? Why should I listen to you?!" I hissed.

"Because I want to explain what 'appened the other night." He looked at me desperately. "Please, I just want to fix this, so yer not mad at meh!"

I laughed lifelessly. "I'm really not in the mood for more lies from you, Oliver."

"Fuck, Pay! Fer the last time, I'm not bloody lyin' to yeh! An' I wouldn't fuckin' lie to yeh!"

"We'll then what would you call what you did four years ago?" A tear threatened to fall as I spoke.

His face fell and he went dead silent. A guilty look taking its place. The flash of the lightening and the boom of the thunder filling the silence between the two of us. I kept my arms tucked tightly across my chest. My heart feeling like it was cracking down the middle making me feel like i was growing completely hollow.

"I-I weren't thinkin' back then Pay." He finally said, looking down at his feet.

"And that's supposed to make it Ok?" I snapped.

He slowly looked up. "No, S' not."

"You broke me." I said, anger coursing through me, numbing the hollow feeling. "You used me like everyone said you would! I didn't listen because you had me thinking I was different."

"Bloody fuck, Pay, yeh was different!" He shouted, his face turning red in frustration. "I regret doin' that to yeh. I made one of the biggest bloody mistakes of meh life doin' that to yeh!"

I shook my head and looked away from him. "You nearly destroyed me." I whispered.

"Payton, when I ran into yeh at the station, I-I hadn't realized how much I had missed yeh as much as I did. An' how bad I had fucked up meh chances till every time yeh saw meh, yeh ran." He sighed slightly looking down. "I promised mehself I was goin' to fix everythin'. I wouldn't fuck thins' up by doin' this."

I wiped away the tear that had slipped and looking back at him. "You always were good with words, Oliver. But I'm not stupid enough to believe them a second time."

He groaned looking up, a disbelieving look on his face. He raked his fingers through his hair. "I'm not lyin' Payton! I didn't sleep with yeh!" He said frustrated.

"Then what happened?"

"We dance an' just snogged before we feel asleep." He said. "S' the truth. Yeh were pissed."

I scoffed. "I don't drink, you liar!"

"Then how do yeh explain the whole not rememberin' most of the night?" He asked. I bit my tongue, I had no idea. "Matty told meh that Ginny brought yeh somethin'. Se' were bring yeh punch with fruit vodka."

I gulped and tears started to fall a bit. "She gave me alcohol?" I whispered. I sat on the love seat craddling my head in my hands.

"Se' lied to yeh an' Matt feels 'orrible fer not thinkin' to check in yer drink." He said softly.

"Then what did we actually do?" I looked up slowly, tears drifting down my cheeks.

He walked towards me and sat on the coffee table in front of me. He stretched out his hand, wiping away a few tears. I pushed away his hand, cleaning my face of the small drops. "We almost did, and then yeh said yeh still hadn't shagged anyone, so I stopped."

I looked at him in disbelief for a moment. "Y-you did?"

He nodded his head, his eyes never leaving mine. "Yer special Pay, an' i wasn't 'bout to go 'round an' fuck up."

"I...I-I..." I couldn't get any words out. My breathing started to get hard and I just broke down. I buried my head in my hands. This was making no sense. Oliver had stopped? He was the only way I could make any sense of the situation. This couldn't have been me. I wanted to blame all of this on him, he's the one that does stuff like this. It’s one of the reasons I hate him.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me into his chest. I shook with tears, as i sat cradled into him, fitting like a missing piece. He held me tight, rocking me gently in his arms, trying to comfort me. "Shhh, Pay, S' o'reight, I got yeh." Anger surged through my body.

I pushed away from him roughly and started to bang on his chest. "I hate you, Oliver!" I shouted, through more tears. "I hate you! I HATE YOU!" He didn't fight me as I continued to hit him. "I. HATE. YOU!" When I lost my strength I fell into him crying more; burring my head into his shoulder. He squeezed me tightly, lying his head on top of mine. His fingers running through my hair gently.

"I love yeh, Payton." He breathed. My breathing hitched and I slowly lifted my head, looking up into his eyes. Like magnets our lips connected. My hands held either side of his face, as his hands slid down to my lower back, the other tangled in my hair.

He shifted me around and laid me down on the ground, getting on top of me. One of his hands held him above me, his warm lips never leaving mine. My hands moved pushing his t-shirt up his torso, touching every bit of his warm flesh. He pulled away quickly, pealing the shirt from him and tossing it to the small couch. He grabbed the bottom of mine and did the same. Our lips connected again, racing against each other, our exposed skin staying pressed against each other. Oliver's hands moved from my hair down, gently caressing my side.

My tongue ran along his lower lip seeking entrance. He kept his mouth closed tight, smirking slightly. I nibbled it, making him groan, I slipped my tongue in meeting his. My hand tangled in his hair as our tongues wrestled. My leg moved between his slowly, making him moan, I smirked and rolled us over so I was on top.

I pulled my lips away from his, standing up, unfastening my jeans and kicking off my shoes. Oli looked up at me curiously and I bit my lip looking down at him, a rush of weird emotions pumping through my body, telling me to go on. He started to undo his jeans too, as I grabbed the blanket from the couch. I went back to him and I stood unsure what to do now. Oli smiled at me gently and pulled me down, so I was straddling him. He placed his hands on my cheeks, kissing me ever so softly. I melted into his chest.

"We don' 'ave to do that, Pay." His lips continued to brush over mine. I wrapped my fingers around his wrists shakily, kissing him back. My heart started to beat faster and faster, soaring high.

His lips moved away from mine and latched onto my neck, his hands moving to my hips, squeezing them tightly. One of my hands tangled in his hair and my other arm wrapped around his shoulders. He bit down gently on my neck making me moan, throwing my head back. He started to nip and scrap the soft skin of my neck.

I breathed in sharply as he unclipped my bra and slid it off of me. "Yeh can tell meh to stop," Oli's voice sounded lustful. I nodded my head in reply and he laid me on my back, hovering over me. I felt my face heat up, turning bright red. I closed my eyes to try and stop for getting embarrassed.

"Don' be embarrassed, Pay." Oli whispered, his warm breath hitting my face. "Yer beautiful." He kissed me fully on the lips. I relaxed a bit as his lips continued to with mine warming my cold body. His hands moved across my chest, causing me to take in a sharp breath. He grabbed my breasts in his hands, cupping them and squeezing them, running the tips of his fingers over my nipples. I bite my lip hard and moan slightly, causing him to growl.

His lips moved down my neck and along my collar bone. I moaned softly as his teeth gazed my collar bone, a shiver of delight moving through me. The kisses got a bit sloppier as his lips moved down my chests. He kissed my nipple and then begins to suck on my breast, continuing to squeeze the other. He thrusts his hips against mine, making me moan and tug my fingers through his hair.

“Oh, Oli!” I moaned when he had bit down on my breast. My hands moved up and down his back, my fingers scratching him gently, making him growl softly. His lips moved to my other breast, before he moved his lips back to mine.

“Did yeh like that love?” He asked nibbling on my ear. Without hesitation I nodded. He smirked in victory, making me ache for him. I moved and caught his lips with mine; rolling us so I was on top of him my hands on either side of his face keeping our lips pressed against each other’s. He had one of his hands on the back of my neck keeping me pressed against him; the other ran slowly up and down my back.

I moved us so we were in some kind of sitting position. His back pressed against the couch and I was straddling him, never breaking out kisses. I moaned slowly moving my hands down from his cheeks, down his neck, and finally down his chest. Our tongues wrestled as I finally got my hands to his waist line. I pulled away from him and played from him, he groaned. I played with the hem of his boxers. He watched curiously now.

I bit my lip and pulled myself a bit closer to him grinding my hips against his. He groaned placing both his hands on my hips, squeezing them tight. He pressed his forehead against mine and looked me in the eyes.

I made myself hold Oliver’s gaze. My hands stroked his hardened member, causing him groan and close his eyes. His hands rested gently on my hips sending shock ways of tingles through me. I slipped my hand into his boxers and grabbed a hold of him. He took in a sharp breath and rested his head on my shoulder. I bit my bottom lip as my hand began sliding up and down him. His lips started to attack the side of my neck slightly. He groaned loudly, I quickly started to pull my hand back, thinking I had done something wrong.

“No. No, don’t stop, please!” Oli’s voice was so low, the grip he had on my tights was strong. I let out a shaky breath and I positioning both hands this time around his member. He gulped when I started my hand movements again, just as slow as before. I felt the throbbing get worse as I continued.

“Faster,” his voice coated in pleasure.

I tried to do that tugging and rubbing him, he moaned his body tensing up a bit. I tried to say calm and hope that I was doing the right thing. “Oh, God Payton.” He kissed me sloppily on the lips. I moved my hands faster, he moaned into my mouth flipping us so he was over me again. I slowly moved my hands from his boxers and ran my hands up his chest.

He pulled away slowly. “I fucking love you, Pay.” He kissed me again before laying beside me. I pulled my blanket around my torso to cover my naked chest and pulling me into his my back pressed against his chest. I could feel his still throbbing member through the cloth of our underwear in my bum. His breathing slowly evens out and I looked over at him.

He looked at me, almost like he was impressed. I looked away and at the same time I blushed and scrunched my face up in a bit of disgust. I will never understand how that was impressive. “I never though yeh-”

“My sister’s thought I should be informed just in case I ever did get that seriously in a relationship.” I mumbled my face heating up a little more.

He pulled me more against his chest and kissed my temple slightly. I kept my head down, to try and calm down. He moved his hand and tilted my head back, his thumb brushing along my jaw softly. He touched his lips to mine, kissing me intently but never pushing any farther than a simple kiss. “I love yeh, Payton.” He breathed, pulling back slowly. I opened my eyes slowly and kept quiet. He brushed his fingertips over my cheeks and pushed some of my hair behind my ear. He pecked my lips and unwrapped his arm from my waist. “I’ll be right back.” He said softly, I pressed my lips into a tight line and nodded. He kissed my forehead and stood up, walking into a different room.

Within seconds of him being gone reality barged in; I had just hooked up with Oliver Sykes. He was not my boyfriend and he had a girlfriend. He had cheated on her with me. Tears stated to build up, and I started to rub my arms. I felt so dirty. Everything I seemed to do; ended badly with him. Guilt built up inside me, pushing out my tears. I rolled over onto my side, holding the blanket closely to my chest. I started to cry harder and I placed my hand over my mouth to try and quiet the noise. I had felt like I messed up bad.

Oliver’s warm hands softly touched my back and he kissed my shoulder. “Payton.” He said in a voice that made my insides ache. He rolled me over onto my side and brushed my bangs out of my face. He got a worried looked on his face. “Payton?” He wiped away my tears with his thumb. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m a horrible person.” I sniffled into his chest.

“Ow are yeh a ‘orrible person?” He asked

“I’m a whore!” I whispered the word, it felt so wrong coming from my mouth.

I felt him shake his head. “Pay, yeh aren’t one of them.” He rubbed his hand on my back trying to comfort me but only making me want to cry more.

I looked up at him in disbelief. “You cheated on Amanda with me!” I tried to push away from him but he kept me close to him.

“Payton, yer not a whore.” He starred deep into my eyes. “SJ was a whore. Yeh’re nothing like ‘er!”

My eyes started to water at the sound of her name. I turned my head to look away from him. I was so ashamed of myself. “T-this was such a mistake.” I pushed away from his chest without much difficulty and held my blanket tightly to my chest as I got up. I quickly grabbed my bra and slipped it on trying not to show myself.

I tried to walk towards the other side of the room where my shirt had been thrown but Oli grabbed a hold of my arm and spun me around. “Pay,” He said softly. I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his confused one. He placed his other hand on my cheek. “I love yeh, Payton.”

I bit my lip, looking down and shaking my head. “T-That doesn’t make this right.” I murmured.

Both his hands gripped my arms tightly. “Then what will make this right?” He spoke through his teeth. I struggled to pull out of his grip. It hurt the more I tried to pull away. “What does make this right then!” He asked again his voice getting volume.

“Nothing!” I cried. “We both made a mistake,”

“So everything we did together was a mistake to yeh, then?” He said angrily.

“You have a girlfriend Oliver!” I shouted painfully, tears freely falling down my cheeks.

“I love yeh, Payton!” He growled in my face, his grip tightening around my arms.

I gave a good shove and pulled my arms away from him. “Saying you love me doesn’t fix problem, Oliver!” I glared at him. “It doesn’t change the fact that I helped you cheat on Amanda. Or that you’re doing the same thing to Amanda that you did with SJ to me.” He looked at me shocked. I turned away from him and grabbed my discarded shirt.

“S-so we’re just supposed to pretend that we don’t have these feelin’s cause I’m with some bird?” He asked his voice sounding hurt. I ignored him as I tossed my shirt over my head pulling it on. I looked around looking for my pants that I had dropped.

I heard a number of thuds, then a line of cuss words from Oli. I looked over at him and saw him cradling his fist to his chest. He had punched the wall? He plopped down on the couch and glared at his fist.

I stood there looking at him thinking of what to do. I held my blanket tightly around my shoulders covering my body and slowly made my way over to him and sitting down next to him. “Oliver.” I kept my voice low. He didn’t acknowledge me. “Oliver, are you ok?”

“Piss off.” He hissed.

I sighed angrily. “No need to be rude!” I snapped. “I was trying to be a friend!” He didn’t look up from his hurt knuckle. I looked down at it more closely and winced at the sight. It was bleeding. I slowly reached out my hands and grabbed his to look at it more closely. He tried to pull it away from me but I hit his good hand. “Don’t.” He sighed out and let me look. I turned to my bag that was sitting on the arm rest and opened it rummaging through it looking for the spare bandage I kept in my bags.

I pulled it out and took his hand again, wrapping it up carefully; neither of us saying a word. When I finished I tied it off and tossed the remainder of the bandage into my bag.

“Thanks.” He didn’t look away from his newly bandaged hand.

“No problem.” I spoke in a bored tone. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his non-injured hand.

We sat there awkwardly, Oli holding his head in his hand and me sitting half naked under a blanket. I got up and searched the room for my missing pants. I looked everywhere on the ground where I thought I had taken then off but couldn’t find them. I sighed finally deciding that I need help. I looked back over that the couch where Oli was still sitting; his hand on his face, his arms resting on his knees, his bad hand hanging between his legs. “Oliver?” He didn’t look at me or say anything. I raised an eyebrow unimpressed. “Oliver!”

I walked over to him when he didn’t answer me again and kneeled in front of him. “Oliver.” I pushed his bangs out of his face and moved his hand so I could see his face.

My eyes widened a bit. Tears were slowly rolling from his eyes, down his cheeks and falling down to the soft carpet. He dragged his eyes away from the ground and looked me hesitantly in the eyes. “Oliver?” I whispered, feeling myself want to start to cry again. I quickly wiped away his tears.

He pressed his forehead to mine, opening his mouth like he was going to say something but then closed it. I placed my hand on his cheek, stroking it softly and wiping away the falling tears. He sighed softly and placed his hand over mine, holding my hand there. I searched his eyes to see if I could figure out what he was thinking. He leaned forward and touched our lips.

I pulled back sighing. “We can’t do this Oliver.” He brushed some of my hair behind my ear, with his injured hand. His eyes looking my face over.

“Friends, Oliver.” I whispered, looking deep into his eyes. He just starred at me. “That’s all we can be.” I waited for him to answer but he never said a word. “Oliver?” Nothing, I sighed out angrily and I started to pull back, but he quickly pulled me into his lap, holding me against his chest.

He looked me over, thinking. He sighed, placing his head against mine and closing his eyes. “I don’ want to lose yeh, Payton.” He whispered painfully.

I looked at him; my heart feeling like had been slapped. “Friends, Oliver.” He moved his head, resting it on my shoulder. “Oliver?” He squeezed me tightly and let out a long breath, tickling my shoulder. “Oli?” I begged. He sighed unevenly and nodded.

I closed my eyes and bit back tears as I slowly wrapped my arms around his shoulders, hugging him. He squeezed me gently, burying his head more into my neck and shoulder; the moisture of his tears hitting my shoulder every so often. We sat silently holding each other for the longest time; it was like a secret forbidden comfort for the both of us.

Oliver pulled his head back from my shoulder and shifted us so we were lying on our sides, his forehead pressed against mine. He brushed his fingers softly over my face, taking me all in. I watched him closely, to make sure that was all. He opened his mouth slowly but I stopped him, putting my hand over his mouth.

“Let’s just try to sleep.” I moved my hand and pushed gently against his chest to get free of his arms. He tightened his arms and gave me a unusual look, I’d never seen it on his face before. It was like if I moved he was afraid I’d disappear forever.

“Lay with meh?” He asked burying his head into my shoulder once again.

I nodded slowly, “Ok.” I unwrapped my blanket from me and shared with him, cuddling slightly into his chest.

“Our legs begin to break; we've walked this path for far too long. My lungs, they start to ache but still we carry on. I'm choking on my words, like I got a noose around my neck. I can't believe it's come to this, I can’t believe it’s come to this. And dear, I fear that this ship is sinking tonight. I won't give up on you. These scars won't tear us apart. So don't give up on me, it's not too late for us. And I'll save you from yourself. And I'll save you from yourself.”

My eyes started to grow heavy at the sound of Oli’s voice, carrying me into a deep sleep.

†††


“Payton.” I groaned rolling over onto my side, pulling my blanket more around me.

Oli chuckled. “Pay, yeh got to get up, Tommy’s on ‘is way.” He shook me a bit.

I groaned, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. “Wha-What time is it?” I yawned.

“Nine.” He said

I shook my head, trying to shake my sleep. “When will he be here?”

“Ten minutes.” He said, staring at me.

I yawned and heaved myself up, tugging my blanket more around me as I stumbled around the room. I sleepily searched for my pants, not really seeing anything. “Pay?” Oliver asked.

“Mhm?” I looked up from the ground, accidently stepping on the blanket and tumbling forward onto the loveseat.

“Pay!” Oli rushed to my side. “Are yeh o’reight?”

I nodded half asleep, pulling my blanket up to my chin and rolling onto my side, hoping to go back to sleep. My blanket was tugged away from me. I quickly curled up into as ball, trying to avoid shivering.

“Come on Pay, yeh got to put yer pants on.” Oli said standing me up.

I shook my head sleepily. “No pa-ants!” I yawned, covering my mouth with my hands.

He chuckled and walked away from me and coming back a moment later with something in his hand. “‘Ere.” He laid it next to me. I swatted my hand around on the couch and felt my jeans lying right there.

I groaned closing my eyes and shifting onto my back and attempted to pull them on without standing up or waking up. Oli laughed and took the pants from my hands. “‘Ere let meh ‘elp yeh.” He grabbed my hands and stood me up. I yawned, hiding it behind my hand.

“Lift yer leg.” Oli said, I brought my leg up swaying slightly. “Other leg.” I changed legs and Oli started to slowly pull on my pants. I woke a bit and held onto him as he dressed me. “Next leg.” He said softly. He pulled on the next leg much slower this time, zipping me up and buttoning me.

“Thanks.” I whispered.

He cleared his throat. “Y-yer welcome.” He sat me down on the couch again and handing me my blanket. I watched as he silently set off around the room, picking up things. He placed a few things on the coffee table. “That’s all yer things.” He informed me, sitting down on the couch.

“Oh,” I tried to rub the sleep from my eyes to look at it more closely. It was my bag and my sweater folded neatly. “Thanks.” I reached out and grabbed a small brush from my bag. I slowly ran it through my hair getting the tangles out.

He nodded, pulling his phone from his pocket. I bit my lip slowly, returning my brush to my bag and trying to decide if I should say something. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and he kept his focus on his phone. I sighed softly, my lips pressing into a line as I leaned on him; my head resting on his shoulder. I felt him tense up for a moment, before he shrugged me off his shoulder. I looked down at my hands a bit hurt, then felt his arm wrap around my shoulders. I looked up at him and we both smiled weakly then looked away from each other.

He clicked on a few things on the screen of his phone. I stayed silent, my head resting on his chest slightly as I watched my hands play with my blanket. It seemed like forever as we waited; the sound of our breathing and Oli’s phone was the only thing I could hear.

“Bloody ‘ell, Tommy.” An recognizable voice boomed through the basement. “Yeh locked ‘em down ‘ere?” Lee’s voice made me sit up a bit; the sounds of multiple footsteps trampling down the stairs.

“I ‘ad to make sure, se didn’t leave before they could talk.” Tom said. Oli sighed taking his arm from my shoulders. I turned to see him tucking his phone into his pocket and rubbing his forehead with his bad hand.

“I swear Tommy if she got blood on meh walls, yer gonna scrub ‘em clean.” Matt growled. Tom chuckled nervously.

“Where are they?” An Austrilla accent spoke once they got to the bottom of the steps. We both stayed quiet and I listened for them.

“Lo, Mates!” I jumped and turned to see Lee beaming at me, from behind the couch.

I smiled slightly, waving a bit. “Hi.”

Three others crowded next to him to get a look at us. Tom, Blond Matt, and a tall blond with tattoo’s who I didn’t know all smiled at me.

“So yeh talked it out?” Tom asked unsure after a few silent moments.

I blushed slightly and turned to look at Oli to hide my blush. He nodded slightly, “Aye.” He simply said.

“Brilliant.” Tom cheered.

I stood up tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I turned towards Tom. “Thanks for helping us out.” I slightly forced out. He smiled a bit. I walked over towards him and to him and everyone else it looked like I was going to hug him. I smiled sweetly and stepped in front of him and hit him in the gut.

He hunched over holding his stomach and groaned. “If I’m ever feed sugar and then locked in a basement in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm with an unknown person and your part of it, I will not think twice about murdering you and whoever else is a part of it.” I hissed. He nodded slowly falling to the ground, looking scared.

I turned to the others. “And that goes for the rest of you.” I pointed at them. They all nodded and I smiled walking over to them.

“Hey, Lee.” I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He hugged me back tightly.

“Lo, Pay.” He said happily. “Ow’ve yeh been?” He pulled back a little.

“Brilliant.” I said rolling my eyes. He saw and chuckled giving me another squeeze making me smile.

When we let each other go, I went over to Matt and hugged him. “Hey, Matt Bat.” I said softly.

He hugged me very tightly. “Lo, Pay Say.” He chuckled, picking me up and spinning me around like nothing; as if it were old times and it hadn’t been four years since the last time we had talked.

I giggled a bit as he set me down on my feet. I pulled away from him and looked over at the new blond. “Hello.” I said holding out my hand for him. “I’m Payton Paquette.” I said being polite.

He smiled and took my hand. “Jona Weinhofen. Nice to meet yeh.” He said shaking my hand.

I smiled back, letting go of his hand. “It’s nice to meet you too.” I looked over at Tom who was getting help up from Oli. He looked over at me massaging his stomach still. “You ever going to do that again?”

“Wouldn’t ever think of it.” He groaned.

I smiled at him and hurried over to him, jumping on him. He caught me wrapping his arms around my middle and stumbling a bit. “I’m sorry I hit you Tommy.” I whispered. I touched my feet to the ground again. “I was just really scared last night.

“S’ o’reight, Pay.” He said kissing the top of my head. Matt, Lee, and Jona started to tease him. “Oi, piss off. Se’s meh best mate!” I smiled and kissed his cheek, hugging him again.

“Oh, Shit.” Jona said as a really creepy annoying ring tone went off. He turned to Oli, “Call yer damn girlfriend. She won’t stop callin’ an ‘askin’ for yeh!”

I felt myself tense up; I pulled out of Tom’s arms and turned my attention to something else. “Where’s Matty?” I asked.

Tom shrugged. “I ‘aven’t seen ‘im since I picked yeh up last night.”

I bit my lip. “Oh.” I moved over to my stuff, looking through it see if I had everything. “Are you going to take me home, Tommy?” I asked

“I came with Vegan, but yeah.” He said, scratching the back of his head. “wy?”

I grabbed my blanket starting to fold it. “I need to go. I have a routine that I need to work on, or it will never be ready for my audition.”

“Routine?” Lee said raising an eyebrow confused.

I placed my folded blanket on my bag, letting out a breath. “Yeah.” I dragged the word out a bit. “I’m a dancer.” All of them but Jona, who had no idea what was going on, mouth’s dropped. I looked away from them.

“A dancer?” Matt sounded shocked.

“Yep.” I pushed some more hair behind my ear. “So can you drive me?”

“Um, sure.” He said looking over at Tom. “Yeh gonna come with us?”

He shook his head clearing it. “Um, y-yeah.” I put his hands in his pockets. “I’m ready whenever.”

“Right, let’s go then.” I hugged Lee again and shook Jona’s hand. “It was nice to meet you.” I said again. Grabbing my things from the table.

He smiled. “Yeah, hopefully I’ll see yeh around.”

I nodded politely, giving them all one final goodbye before walking up the stairs, Tom and Vegan behind me. Once outside I climbed into the backseat, both boys up front.

The ride back to my house was filled with small talk between me and Matt and Tom giving Matt directions to my place. Matt and I talked about life and he asked about my dancing which I was happy to talk about.

“So you like it?” He asked pulling up on my street.

I nodded. “Yeah, a lot.” I smiled into the rear view mirror, for him to see. “I have all kinds of fun.”

He smiled back at me. “‘M glad.” He put the car in park in front of the house.

“Thanks Vegan.” I grabbed my bag from the seat beside me, and began to open the door.

“Yer welcome.” He waved. “We need to ‘ang out soon.” I nodded opening the door and steping out.

“Get my number from Tommy and we’ll set something up.” I saw him nod before I closed my door. Tom hopped out of the car too and walked me up to the door.

He sighed. “M’ sorry ‘bout pullin’ that on yeh last night, Pay.” He mumbled.

I shook my head gently. “It’s whatever now Tommy.” I shifted my bag on my shoulder to keep it from falling. “You were just trying to fix things between me and Oliver.”

He sighed again and pulled me into a hug. “Sorry Pay, really.”

I slowly hugged him back. When we pulled apart I smiled at him a bit. “Coffee at the Tea Palace, three pm, on Thursday.” I asked, using the same time and day we used when we were in school, that we used to meet up and hang out.

He smiled brightly. “I’ll be there.” I kissed his cheek, before he hurried back to the car. I waved as they pulled away before stepping inside.

I instandly dropped my bag and kicked off my shoes. My smile had disappeared. The sounds and smells of someone making breakfast, took me to the kitchen. Standing in front of the stove was Tay. She was dressed in an big t-shirt and her hair was a complete mess.

I stood against the doorframe, tapping my fingers lightly against the screen of my phone. I stepped into the kitchen looking at the small bags of candy that were piled on the island. I moved some of them around lightly, picking up a little heavy one. I weighed it in my hand before chucking it at the back of Tay’s head. It hit her straight on before falling with a soft thud to the ground with a thud.

She turned around with an angered written look on her face. That quickly changed with she saw me standing in front of the island with my arms crossed over my chest and an unimpressed look on my face.

“Lo.” She finally squeaked. She was fidgeting under my stare, the spatula in her hand being bent back and forth. I clicked my tongue slightly in my mouth as I took a seat at the island. She waited nervously for me to say something. But I didn’t I was too hurt and upset to say anything. “Pay?” She whispered.

“So much trouble.” I signed not looking at her. I placed my phone on the counter in front of me. I folded my hands in front of me, slowly looking her in the face.

She gulped, “Tom asked meh, to ‘elp ‘im.” She said quickly trying to save herself.

“I said that there was no problem between me and Oliver.” I glared at her never opening my mouth, the muscle in my jaw tightening.

“That’s not what Tom or any of the other guys said.” She signed trying to explain herself.

“But I told you to leave it!” I hissed, my eyes tearing up.

Footsteps entered the kitchen and I turned my head to see Matt walking in, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He stopped in the entryway and yawned loudly. I looked him over; his hair was a mess and he was in nothing but boxers.

I looked away from him and raised an eyebrow. Tay’s cheeks flushed pink and she looked away from me. I put two and two together then. I shook my head trying to calm myself; its none of my business.

Matt cleared his throat awkwardly. “Uh, L-lo Pay.”

I looked over at him and gave him a small nod. “Hi, Matt.”

“When’d yeh get ‘ere?”

I shrugged, “Just a few moments ago.”

He relaxed a bit. “Oh.”

I nodded again, turning away from him and picking up my phone. I looked through the contacts silently. From the corner of my eyes I saw the exchanging looks. More footsteps and banging caused me to look up and turn in time to see two small people flinging themselves at me.

“Hello, Lilly. Hi, Lila.” I greeted the two of them, kissing their foreheads. They both greeted me too and sat down on either side of me.

Lila turned to Tay and glared. “Not both of us are deaf, you know!” she signed angrily.

Me and Lily exchanged looks. Tay blushed. “Sorry.”

“Next time you decide to have sex and were around try and be quieter or give me earmuffs or something!” Lily and I spluttered into laugher, causing Lily to fall out of her chair onto the ground. I hugged Lila apoloagizing for her misfortune.

I looked over at Matt. “I’m kidnapped for a night, so you decided to shag my friend?”

He laughed walking over to Tay. “Sorry, Pay. I couldn’t help mehself.”

I laughed, picking up another bag of candy tossing it at him. It hit him right in the face. Lila and Lilly laughed and I rolled my eyes looking back down at my phone. My smiled dropped as I searched more through my contacts.

“Soo,” Matt said, scratching the side of his head. “What ‘appened?”

“With what?” I didn’t look up from my phone.

“Last night?”

I stopped, closing my eyes and holding my breath. I shook my head letting the breath out “Ok,” I ignored his question.

“Pay?” Tay placed the spatula on the other side of the island, her voice sounded concerned.

“Huh?” I barely looked up from my phone. Matt was standing behind her, his arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

“Didn’t somethin’ ‘appen?” She asked concerned. I bit the inside of my cheek. I slowly placed my phone on the countertop, silently shaking my head. “What yeh two do then?”

I decided who I was gonna talk to. “Talked.” I heaved myself out of my seat, ignoring the looks they were all giving me and the conversation Lilly and Lila were having. I made my way to the cold box, my phone tightly in my hand.

“That’s it?” I could tell she didn’t completely believe me.

I opened the door to the fridge and pretended to look through it, for something to do. “Mhmm.” I grabbed a bottle of water, slowly closing the door. I didn’t like the fact that I was lying to her. But I didn’t know how to tell her and I didn’t know if I could ever try to tell her. She had been part of the evil plan in the first place and there was other people in the room.

I scratched my head. “I’m going to go to the studio.”

“I thought Meil ‘ad gave yeh the week off fer yer audition.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“She did.” I said walking towards the kitchen entry. “I’m going to go practice my routine.” I walked out of the room without another word. I went straight into my room, locking the door right behind me.

I stood in the middle of my room, contemplating on what to do. Call her and talk to her on the phone or ask her to make the drive down to Sheffield. I twirled the phone in my hand trying to decide. I let out a long shaken breath and dialed her number. I placed the phone by my ear and waited.

“Lo?” Her voice sounded half asleep.

“Holly?” I tried to keep my voice from breaking as I felt my eyes sting.

“Payton?” Her voice was shocked. “Are you o’reight?”

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.” I sniffled. “How fast can you get to Sheffield?”

I heard the rubbing of sheets and her bed creak a bit. “Later today, wy?”

I ignored her question, asking my own. “Would you come?”

“Aye, of course. I’ll start drivin’ in an ‘our, ef yeh want.”

“That’s perfect.” I whispered running my hand through my hair, pushing my bangs out of my face. “I’ll be at the studio.”

“O’reight, I’ll see yeh there, then.”

“Ok, bye Holly.”

She was quiet for a moment. “Bye, Payton.” She said then the line went dead.

I sighed blinking back tears, tossing the phone onto my bed. I made my way to my closet trying to look through my clothing to keep my mind busy.

I didn’t know why I had chosen to call my older adoptive sister. Or what I was going to say to her when she got here. But she was the only person not in on something with Oli that I thought could help me I guess.

My breathing got a bit shaky. My life was feeling like it was becoming such a mess. I didn’t even know what I wanted anymore or why. Things were happening way to fast and before I could even grasp what was happening. I was pretty much too late.

I banged my head on my wall. A queasy feeling hitting my stomach, I sighed out frustrated, I sat on the ground, pulling my knees up to my chest. “I hope Holly can help me.” I whispered laying my head on my knees. “I hope.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm back!! :D with a long awaited update!! :))
its been a long ass summer. & my most horrible from memory. there's been soo much bull shit & i'm just physically and metally tired!! the physically is from all the concerts i've been going too. I've been to 3 warped tours this summer it 3 different states & none of them even close to where i live. i'm not realy complaining on that cuz i meet RONNIE RADKE!!! haha the guy who like got me into screamo! & i got to meet my twin :) soo its awesome but very tiring. i don't recommend it unless you go nothing else to do with your summer.
i have the other chapters written up i just have to type them. but i've been busy as shit, cuz my mums a teacher & i'm aguring with my parents about school. :(
i will however type them up A.S.A.P. just for you! :)))

please comment and subscribe!! i'd love feed back on the chapter!!