Status: Still working on It. But please tell me what you think.

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

Nothing to Suspect


~The Next Morning~
The sound of shuffling had woken me up. I opened my eyes to see Harry sliding on his pants. “Harry?” I yawned.

“Good morning.” He tucked in his shirt and tied his tie.

“What are you doing?” I sat up, and stretched my shoulders.

“The hearing is in a half an hour. And Lights, Boxhall and Pitman are waiting for me. I promise I’ll be back, as soon as the hearing is over. I love you.” He kissed my cheek then hauled out the door while putting on his jacket.

“Finally!” I heard Lights exclaimed, before the door shut. I took a deep breath and laid back down against the pillow.

I finally mucked up the strength to get up out of bed, walk into washroom and take a bath. I filled the tub up with hot water, and stepped into the steaming water. It was relaxing, and it felt good. I haven’t been this relaxed since I was in my own time, in 1997; I missed my old life…A little.

After I got out of the tub, and dressed; there was a knock on the door. I open the door to see Rose standing there. “Hello Rose.” I smiled.

“Hello Amanda, may I come in?”

“Yes of course, come in. I let her in and shut the door behind her.

“This is a lovely room.” She smiled.

“I’m sorry you’ve got to share a room with James.” I laughed.

“Oh it’s fine.” She batted away the thought with her hand.

“Ok.” I looked away.

“So, what are we supposed to do?” She asked. I walked over to the small kitchenette and filled the small cast iron tea pot with water then lit the stove.

“I honestly don’t know Rose, Harry said it would be best if we stay here, just in case Ruth, Cal and his family aren’t snooping around.” I shrugged.

“Is that what he said? I guess he is right, but I wish I could go out and get some new dresses. Our clothes can only be washed for so long. We’ve only had these to wear for more than four days, it’s disgusting.” She grumbled.

“Don’t worry, when Harry and James gets back we can see if we can go get some new dresses.” I hugged her.

“So what are you and harry doing after all this trial stuff.” She asks.

“Well I don’t know I think we’ll go to England and get married live a happy life. But other than that I’m not sure.” I giggled. “What about you?”

“Well Jack always talked about going to California and ride horses on the beach. So that’s where I’m heading.” Her face sunk in sadness.

“Don’t worry Rose, you and I will always be together, sisters till the end.” I enveloped her in a hug and kissed her forehead.

“I know.” She smiled.

It was three hours later when Harry and James walked in. “Hello Harry, James.” I kissed Harry on the lips and gave Jim a hug; hugged them both. “How was the hearing?” I asked the two, they looked angry and stressed.

“That damn Ismay. He bullshits the whole committee.” Harry growled.

“But so we both have been interviewed, so now they are allowing first class passengers get interviewed.” He scowled.

“Yeah and they are going to investigate more at the sight, and retrieve more bodies.” Jimmy’s eyes shifted to the floor. They both looked very tired and weary. There was dark circles forming around both of their eyes.

“I’m sorry guys.” I kissed Harry on the lips, and then kissed Jimmy’s cheek.

“It’s OK Amanda.” Jimmy smiled.

“Harry, I’m going to run you a lavender and chamomile bath. You need to relax.” I walked into the wash room and turned on the faucet of the porcelain Claw-footed tub. I poured in the salts and soaps making the room smell of lavender. I lit a few candles around the small room, and turned out the lights. The tub was almost filled, so I walked out of the washroom, “Harry, the tub is filled.” I smiled, and winked at Jim, whom caught on.

“Rose, let’s go get some rest.” He told my sister.

“Ok, goodbye Harry, Amanda.” She waved and I returned the favor.

“Bye, you two!” Harry said.

“G’bye!” I smiled. The two walked out the door, as soon as they left; I locked the door and lead Harry to the washroom. I took off his hat and coat. Then his shoes, and shirt; and last was his trousers and underwear.

“Get in with me.” Harry said looking into my eyes.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yes.” He kissed me passionately, before unbuttoning his clothes I was in.
I got in first and he sat in between my legs. As soon as he relaxed I began to rub his shoulders and neck. He took a deep sigh, “Did I ever tell you how amazing you are.”

“Yes my love, now relax.” I kissed the top of his head.

“OK.” I could feel his muscles release their tension. “I love you Amanda, you are truly amazing.”

“I love you too, Harry.” I kissed the top of his head again.
After about ten minutes, the water has cooled; I removed my hand and asked, “Better?”

“Yes, very much, thank you.” I kiss his head before he pulled the plug and got out. I followed his into the bedroom and he envelopes me into his arms. Water dripping down our bodies, his hands traced down my back. My arms wrapped around his waist; we made our way to the bed and laid upon it, his body laid on mine as his lips assaulted mine. His mouth averted to my neck, he begins to suck and lightly bite. I suddenly got a sick feeling in my stomach.

“Harry!” I mumbled, while trying to push him off. My stomach felt worse. “HARRY!” I pushed him off and ran into the water closet. My head dipped into the toilet as I vomited. Harry walked into the door way.

“Are you OK?” He asked, caringly.

“I don’t feel too well. I feel sick.” I wiped the beading sweat away from my brow. He placed the back of his hand against my forehead.

“You feel extremely warm, love. I’m going to get a doctor.” He said,
“Just get dressed and lie down.” He kissed me, then got dressed and left. I got up, got dressed then lie down on the bed.

Moments later, Harry walked in with a doctor trailing behind him.

“Amanda the Doctor is here.” He came over and kissed my forehead.

“Mr. Lowe, you will have to leave the room while I examine her.” The doctor pushed Harry out of the room. “Now Mrs. Lowe please let me see your stomach.” The doctor asked, I lifted my shirt to just under the swells of my breasts. He pressed his hand just below my ribs and then of the sides. “Well Mrs. Lowe, maybe wrong but you are in fact with child. Congratulations.” The doctor shook my hand. “You may come in Mr. Lowe.” Harry walked through the door; I was stricken with shock. “Mr. Lowe, Congratulations.” The doctor shook my fiancés hand. “How far along would you be Mrs. Lowe?”

“Um…. About a week, I would say. On April 14, Sir.” I mumbled.

“Ah… the night The Titanic sank such a shame. Did you know anybody that was on it?” The doctor asked.

“Yes, we were on the ship.” Harry said.

“Oh… I’m terribly sorry.”

“Thank you doctor.” Harry said.

“Good bye.” The Doctor bowed his head, then left.

“Pregnant.” Harry was in as much shock as I was.

“Yes, a Miracle from the Titanic.” I whispered.

“You’re right. I love you so much!” Harry planted a kiss on my lips.

“I love you so much too, Harry. Forever.” I kissed him back.

“Let’s go to bed.” He kissed me and we both went to bed.

~Next Day~Harry~

“James, Boxhall, let’s go in.” I told them, it was time for them to start the next trial. Jimmy, Charlie, Boxhall, Pitman, and I all sat together. There were once again quite a few people, mostly first class passengers. The first person to go up in the stands was Molly Brown, then The Countess of Roth, there was quite a few other people. This was already getting boring, I looked to the left of me, and across the room was Caledon Hockley with Mrs. Dewitt Bukater; I sunk into my chair a little bit and turned back to the podium.

“Caledon Hockley.” I turned my head, to see the vile man walk towards the stands with such grace it sickened me.

“State your name?” The council said.

“Caledon Hockley.”

“And why were you coming to America on the Titanic?”

“My Fiancé, future sister and Mother-in-law, and I where all coming, to celebrate our marriage once we got back to Pennsylvania.” Cal smirked.

“And how was the trip, before the sinking.” Another council man asked.

“Well it was lovely. The ship itself was magnificent, clean soft beds. Yet the food was so delicious; my fiancé wasn’t that much impressed. Yet I was baffled, it was so wonderful. Though my Fiancé had betrayed me, and scorned herself with a third class bohemian. In which I must regret saying both perished.” A few people gasped.

“And as for the sister?” A council man said.

“Well let’s just say that I do not trust White Star Line sailors or Officer’s anymore.” Cal glared.

“How is that so? Mr. Hockley.” The Head Inquirer asked.

“Because Amanda Dewitt-Bukater, my fiancé’s sister had a love affair, while she was engaged to my brother with 5th Officer Harold Lowe.” There was a series of gasps and whispers around the room, my fists were balled up.

“Mr. Lowe, do you confirm this statement?” The Inquirer’s heads turned to me.

“Well sir, I do deny it. Because my fiancé had indeed perished on the ship. Though, I do miss her dearly.” I bowed my head.

“That’s a damned lie! Your fiancé is Amanda, and she and my fiancé perished to some damn love affair!” Cal Hockley bellowed.

“That’s enough Mr. Hockley.” The Council said loudly.

“You and Amanda stayed in your room for over eight hours, ALONE!” Cal kept ranting on, making me feel more in turmoil. There were more gasps collapsing throughout the room.

“You have no right to talk about Amanda nor I in that manner, I suggest you stop.” I said to Mr. Hockley.

“Of course I do, You can’t stop me whether you like it or not.” Cal stood up.
I just sat there and kept my mouth shut. I truly didn’t care what he or society thought about me. I love Amanda, and that’s that.

After Cal was dragged out of the conference room, Everyone’s heads turned to me. I just sunk in my chair and ducked my head. “Um…This meeting is at a recess for the day.” The Head Inquirer said, while he slammed his gavel against the table top.

“Let’s get some tea Gentleman. I’m buying.” Boxhall said, as the crowd was filing out of the room.

“So how is Amanda doing?” Charles asked, while he sipped on his tea.

“Well Gent’s, she’s pregnant.” I grinned.

“Congrats Harry!” Jimmy smiled.

“How far along?” Charles asked.

“About a week.”

“You know, it is going to be hard. Being a sailor and having a wife and kids.” Charlie nodded his head. “I can’t wait to see my family, back home; after all this mess.”

“Yeah, I know.” I felt a lump in my throat. It will hurt Amanda, for when I have to work, and leave her weeks at a time.

“That stunt Hockley pulled was bullshit!” Jim scowled.

“You know that they might post that in the papers, right?” Boxhall folded his arms.

“Yes, I know this, but it was Hockley who made a fool of himself.” I raised my eyebrows.

“But it was pretty funny.” Pitman smirked.

“It can’t be as bad as when Jimmy and I walked in on Harry and Amanda having sex.” Charlie smirked maliciously.

“Charlie!” I whined while putting my head in my hands.

“Well, what happened?” Pitman raised his eyebrows.

“So anyways, it was when the ship hit the berg and so I had to tell Harry. And I opened his door to see hip wrapping a dress around his waist to cover himself. And Amanda was naked under the bed.” Jimmy laughed.

“You’ve got to be kidding.” Boxhall smirked.

“Nope, the poor lad had her torn dress covering him. And Amanda had to go to her own suite in his clothes!” lights roared with laughter, along with the others.

“You guys are arse holes.” I rolled my eyes.

“On other terms, that damn undertaker of a man, was trying to have his way with Amanda, while the ship was sinking.” James grumbled.

“What a bloody creep!” Lights scowled.

“Yeah and get this he was following her around while on the ship. That is how Hockley knew all of those things, Harry.” James said.

“Well I hope that bastard died for what he almost did to Amanda.” Harry growled.

“That’s a bit harsh don’t you think, Harry?” Boxhall asked.

“I don’t think so, the guy is a god awful creep.” Lights scowled.

“But other than that did anybody see Will’s final moments?” I asked thinking of my super visor and friend. Jimmy’s and Pitman’s head lowered.

“I was helping him get one of the collapsible down from the top of the Officer quarters. Many men were pushing through trying to get to it. The poor man panicked and shot a few men. He saluted us the put the barrel of the gun to his head. He kissed a young woman, then—” Pitman cut him self off, and bowed his head low.

“Amanda and I saw the whole thing. She was terribly crushed, she cried in my arms as we searched for a boat.” Jim had a very grim look on his face. He didn’t want to mention that it was Amanda who kissed Will before he shot himself.

Harry has quite a temper and he didn’t want Harry to think bad of his Commander in Chief and close friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terribly sorry that I haven't been posting. I have been very busy with work, school and I just got home last night from the Uproar Festival with Avenged Sevenfold. I hope you can forgive me, as this chapter is over 2,300 words. Hope you enjoy it.