Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Seventeen: Admit It

Disclaimer: I only own my characters Jess and Eric. Sidney, his parents, and all the other real, living people that you recognize don't belong to me. Sid and the Pens belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Seventeen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the early morning was pure hell. Every few minutes I would have to get up to vomit and my head was killing me. Sidney would follow me into the bathroom and hold my hair back for me. I thought it was nice of him, but I really didn’t need him seeing me vomit into a toilet.

Max was being an ass about everything though. A sweet ass, if that makes sense. But an ass non-the-less. Every once in awhile he would come in his room and check on me. He even made me lunch once it was late enough and I still hadn’t left.

When I started feeling a little better I told Sidney to take me home to his house. I thanked Max for putting up with me and letting me stay. He smiled and said that he didn’t mind.

The ride to Sidney’s house was quiet. We didn’t even have the radio on. I looked out the window the whole time watching the scenery fly by. I missed home. I missed my parents and I missed Eric.

Which reminded me that I hadn’t called him last night. I knew that I’d have to call him soon or he would freak. I quickly texted him saying that I was sorry and would call him in about an hour or so.

He texted me back asking if everything was alright. I said yea I was fine, I just forgot. He texted me back letting me know he knew I was lying because I never forgot about calling him back.

“Who are you texting?” Sidney asked me.

“My friend Eric.” I told him, not bothering to look at him.

“Oh.” Was all he said and the next ten minutes were silent again.

He pulled up to his house and parked in the garage. I got out and waited for him to unlock the door. He did so and I walked up to my room to take a shower and brush my teeth.

When I walked in I brushed my teeth twice and used mouthwash so my breath wouldn’t smell bad and so that it would feel cleaner. When that was done I stepped in the shower and started to wash away last night and the sickness. I instantly felt more relaxed as I opened my raspberry vanilla body wash and scrubbed my body.

Once I felt clean I let the water run for awhile longer and just stood there. I was thinking of my argument with Sidney when I heard the bathroom door open.

“Crosby, please just go away.” I told him softly.

“Oh darling,” I heard a woman laugh, “I’m not Sidney.”

I peeked my head out and saw Mrs. Crosby. I blushed. I didn’t know she was coming down to visit this early.

“So sorry. I-I thought you were your son.” I said, feeling more stupid after each word and stumble.

“It’s fine. When you’re finished I would like to talk to you.” She told me and walked out.

I stood in the shower a moment longer before I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. I looked in the mirror and decided I could look worse. I walked in my room grabbing some clothes to put on before I headed downstairs.

I put on a pair of jeans and a cute top then brushed my hair and put some makeup on. I walked down the steps and started to head to the kitchen when I overheard Sidney talking. I stopped in my tracks.

“I really like her mom and I don’t want her to leave me. I finally get a chance to let her know how I feel and I screw it all up.”

“Sid, don’t get upset at me- just hear me out,” I heard his mother say, “Are you gentle with her? I know how you two fight a lot, but are you two still fighting a lot?”

I knew the answer, but I didn’t know if he would tell his mom the truth.

“It’s getting better, but we did just have a huge fight this morning.”

“Is that why when I went to talk to her she told me to go away because she thought I was you?”

“Probably.” He said.

“I’ll try and talk to her, but Sidney, you have to let her know how you feel. I can’t do that.” Mrs. Crosby said.

“I know.” I heard Sidney sigh.

I decided this was a good time for me to appear before I was caught eavesdropping on their conversation.

“Hello.” I said as I went to get a cup to fill with water.

“Feeling better?” Sidney asked me.

“Much.” I told him, forcing a smile as I took a sip out of my cup once it was full.

“Jess honey, why don’t we cook dinner tonight?” Mrs. Crosby asked me.

“I thought we were going out-” Sidney started to say because he was interrupted by his mother.

“Jess and I shall make dinner.” She said and smiled at me.

I smiled back and when Crosby was banned from the kitchen for a few hours we began to cook. Mrs. Crosby did only the dessert while I cooked the main course. For dinner I decided to do spaghetti with meatballs. The spaghetti itself wouldn’t be so hard to do, so that would be prepared last, but I had to do the meatballs and the sauce as well.

While we were working I remembered I still hadn’t called Eric. I felt like a terrible friend for forgetting and excused myself from the kitchen for a few minutes. Mrs. Crosby told me she would watch the food.

I ran up to my room and grabbed my phone dialing his number which was engrained in my head.

He picked up on the second ring.

“Jess.” He said.

“So sorry. I’ve been busy making dinner for tonight and I just-”

“Jess, it’s fine. I’ve just been wondering about how you are and why you are in Pittsburgh.”

I knew I couldn’t lie to him or he would know so I told him everything in a shortened version letting him know I still had to finish making dinner.

“Holy shit.” He said when I had finished.

“I know!”

“Well damn girl. If I had known about this I would have sabotaged it!”

I laughed, “It’s fine Eric, really. I mean- I don’t know. I was thinking about calling my parents and coming back home. I miss it so much up there but…” I paused. But what?

“Jessica.” I heard Eric say in a knowing way. He sounded like a big brother.

“Ew! No way. That’s just crazy of you to even think!” I exclaimed.

“Jessica,” he said again, “It’s not a bad thing. I’m happy that you found someone.”

I didn’t listen to him, “No Eric.”

“Just admit it Jess. It’s not gonna kill you.”

“But I don’t like him!”

“Obviously you do or else it would be easier for you to just leave.”
“Well it’s not true.” I huffed.

I heard Eric sigh, “Why is it so hard for you to admit it? And don’t tell me it’s because of what’s-his-name.”

“Daniel? No it- yea because of him- you know what he did to me!”

“Jessica- listen to me, Sidney is not Daniel. Daniel was an ass who only used girls. Sidney is not him.”

“How do you know?”

“Because any guy who was like Daniel would have just let you leave. Now- I’ll go so you can get back to dinner. Call me if you need anything and give me updates darling.” Eric told me.
“Shit! My dinner! Yea, I’ll call you every now and then. Love you.” I said.

“Love ya too Jess.”

I hung up and ran down the steps to the kitchen to see that no one was there. I panicked and checked on the sauce to see that the stove had been turned off. I looked in the living room and saw Crosby boy sitting on the sofa, asleep.

I walked over to him silently and stood in front of him. I poked him to wake up but he didn’t. I tried again and again until I finally whispered his name.

“Sid?”

He groaned something, but didn’t wake.

“Sid?” I asked louder and poked him as well.

“What?”

“Where’s your mom?”

“She went out to dinner with Dad.” He told me.

“But we were just making dinner for tonight!” I exclaimed.

Sidney ignored me by lying down on the couch and falling asleep again.

I sighed and figured I should clean up and put everything away in the kitchen.

I was about to walk away when Sidney said something.

“What?” I asked him, thinking I hadn’t heard him right.

“Lay with me.”

“I can’t.” I told him.

“Why not?”

“I gotta clean the kitchen.”

“Forget it. You can do that later.”

“But-”

“You didn’t sleep with me last night- you broke your deal.”

“So this is my punishment, eh?” I asked him, biting my lip.

“Eh,” he said, “Maybe. Come sleep- you didn’t get much last night or this morning.”

I knew I couldn’t argue with that because we both knew I hadn’t. I silently laid down on the couch as Sidney wrapped his arm around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I was going to post this up last night because the Pens won their playoff game last night(gotta keep up to date with all these teams).... but I hadn't finished typing it up and it was getting really late and I had to get up and get ready for school.... so that didn't happen. But here you are!
I'm sure there are a lot of mistakes, I'll go back later and edit it, promise. I already fixed a few, but I couldn't find any others at this time. I probably will later.
Anywho! This chapter is super long, compared to the others (1,550 words). I hope you like that(: Little gift.
Oh! And you'll find out about Daniel a little later and get to know Jess and her past better. And Mrs. Crosby will confront Jessica about her feelings as well in the next chapter or two... or three.
OH! And thanks to all my readers and subscribers! There have been 400 reads and 97 subscribers. I love you guys♥
Well, I'll be going now. Next chapter should be up soon, hopefully!